FilmWise Forums
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 07:55

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2003, 07:04 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 7567
Location: Cowtown
Gren wrote:
This will be my last go at this, if it doesn't take off this time i'll let it die. I'll target it at people in the UK as I know exactly how to do it here. All you'd have to do is go to a post office with your DVD and £1.12 and you could watch some other films. And then possibly swop them with someone else, just like you do with your mates except on a national scale. Now if anyone's interested I'd be happy to swop, for virtually anything I haven't seen, any of these. (all region 2)

AntiTrust
Finding Forrester
The Tailor Of Panama
Requiem For A Dream
Pitch Black
Along Came A Spider
The Terminator


Hmmm.... I swap you that season of Only Fools and Horses that I promised to mail ages ago for Pitch Black (never seen it, heard good things, though.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2003, 04:49 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
gentle wrote:
Gren wrote:
This will be my last go at this, if it doesn't take off this time i'll let it die. I'll target it at people in the UK as I know exactly how to do it here. All you'd have to do is go to a post office with your DVD and £1.12 and you could watch some other films. And then possibly swop them with someone else, just like you do with your mates except on a national scale. Now if anyone's interested I'd be happy to swop, for virtually anything I haven't seen, any of these. (all region 2)

AntiTrust
Finding Forrester
The Tailor Of Panama
Requiem For A Dream
Pitch Black
Along Came A Spider
The Terminator

Alright Gren

I can't understand why your idea hasn't taken off. I think its a great way to swap stuff. Are you still up for swapping??

Yeah if you want to swop for anything of mine make me an offer and we can sort something out.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Last edited by Gren on 04 May 2003, 08:45, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2003, 06:13 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
I have a vanilla version of (region 2) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, if anyone's interested in swapping it for something else. I also have the SE edition, which is why I don't need my vanilla version anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2003, 08:26 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 7567
Location: Cowtown
Gren wrote:
Yeah if you want to swop for anything of mine make me an offer and we can sort something out.


See my post re: Pitch Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2003, 08:40 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
kinggrl wrote:
Gren wrote:
Yeah if you want to swop for anything of mine make me an offer and we can sort something out.


See my post re: Pitch Black


I'll have to investigate how much sending stuff to the US costs. I'll get back to you.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2003, 08:48 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
Nunis wrote:
I have a vanilla version of (region 2) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, if anyone's interested in swapping it for something else. I also have the SE edition, which is why I don't need my vanilla version anymore.


I'd be willing to swop any of these:
AntiTrust
Finding Forrester
The Tailor Of Panama
Requiem For A Dream
Pitch Black
Along Came A Spider
The Terminator
AI (SE)
Kalifornia (at the risk of losing my K film!)
The Yards

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2003, 10:01 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
I'll think about it Gren. Plus, it'll have to wait until I move out of this hell-hole and back home, but remind me ok?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 May 2003, 13:46 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
Gren wrote:
gentle wrote:
Gren wrote:
This will be my last go at this, if it doesn't take off this time i'll let it die. I'll target it at people in the UK as I know exactly how to do it here. All you'd have to do is go to a post office with your DVD and £1.12 and you could watch some other films. And then possibly swop them with someone else, just like you do with your mates except on a national scale. Now if anyone's interested I'd be happy to swop, for virtually anything I haven't seen, any of these. (all region 2)

AntiTrust
Finding Forrester
The Tailor Of Panama
Requiem For A Dream
Pitch Black
Along Came A Spider
The Terminator

Alright Gren

I can't understand why your idea hasn't taken off. I think its a great way to swap stuff. Are you still up for swapping??

Yeah if you want to swop for anything of mine make me an offer and we can sort something out.

Gentle? Did you change your mind or something?

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 May 2003, 04:41 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Gren, the DVD is in the post. The post office on campus was closed 'due to staff shortages', but I just slabbed a bunch of stamps on there, so we should be ok. You should have it by Monday, possibly Tuesday. Let me know when it reaches you. And enjoy! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2003, 11:36 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Hi all,

I accidentally ordered two copies of The Third Man from play.com last week... don't ask me why - I am a big eejit is all. Now, I checked their site and they have a return policy that allows you to return anything within 7 days. Well, with what's been going on with me lately, I haven't gotten a chance to so now I am stuck with 2 copies.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to trade it for something else? Just post any list of films you might be willing to trade for.

Specs:
Region: 2
Packaging: still wrapped in plastic, unopened. Only bought it a few days ago.
URL: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... itle=98260

Special Features:
  • Joseph Cotton's alternative voiceover for U.S. version
  • Pathé newsreel footage of composer Anton Karas on the Zither (Harry Lime Theme)
  • Archival footage of the film's famous sewer location
  • The Third Man 1951 radio play 'A Ticket to Tangiers' written and performed by Orson Welles
  • 1951 Lux Radio Theatre adaptation of The Third Man performed by Joseph Cotten (60 minutes)
  • Photo Gallery (over 50 pictures)
  • Original and re-release theatrical trailers
  • Interactive menu
  • Scene Access


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2003, 11:50 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
A slightly dubious version of Punch-Drunk Love or a real Chasing Amy could be wrestled from my grasp if interested, as well as any of the ones I previously mentioned. But you'll probably get better offers.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2003, 03:52 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Gren wrote:
A slightly dubious version of Punch-Drunk Love or a real Chasing Amy could be wrestled from my grasp if interested, as well as any of the ones I previously mentioned. But you'll probably get better offers.


Gren, you still up for it? Any other Europeans wanna get rid of a movie? What exactly do you mean by 'slightly dubious'? :lol: And are those other movies still up for grabs, the ones you offered me the last time. And finally, Mike, whatever happened to that second copy of Two Towers?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2003, 06:35 
Offline
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Posts: 18902
Location: hiding under my desk...
Nunis wrote:
Gren wrote:
A slightly dubious version of Punch-Drunk Love or a real Chasing Amy could be wrestled from my grasp if interested, as well as any of the ones I previously mentioned. But you'll probably get better offers.


Gren, you still up for it? Any other Europeans wanna get rid of a movie? What exactly do you mean by 'slightly dubious'? :lol: And are those other movies still up for grabs, the ones you offered me the last time. And finally, Mike, whatever happened to that second copy of Two Towers?


well maybe if you wait till monday you may find out :wink:

_________________
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2003, 14:11 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
Nunis wrote:
Gren wrote:
A slightly dubious version of Punch-Drunk Love or a real Chasing Amy could be wrestled from my grasp if interested, as well as any of the ones I previously mentioned. But you'll probably get better offers.


Gren, you still up for it? Any other Europeans wanna get rid of a movie? What exactly do you mean by 'slightly dubious'? :lol: And are those other movies still up for grabs, the ones you offered me the last time. And finally, Mike, whatever happened to that second copy of Two Towers?

Yes I am. No comment :lol: Yes all still available. And now also a "dubious" Ringu.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2003, 10:04 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Mark, I got your DVD in the post today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2004, 06:33 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Family Guy Seasons 1, 2 and 3

Ok, you guys, listen up. I have all three boxsets for Family Guy, and I'd be willing to sell or swap these for... well, let's see what you have to offer. They are all Region 2!

URLs
Family Guy, Season One
Family Guy, Season Two
Family Guy, Season Three


If you want to buy them, I can give you a very reasonable price (including me sending them from Sweden). If you'd rather swap them for something else, tell me what you've got, and I'll consider it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2004, 07:41 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
I have a left arm I rarely use.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2004, 08:19 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
That is top of my list right now. Ok, Gren's left arm. Any more offers? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2004, 08:51 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2003, 10:11
Posts: 3624
Nunis wrote:
That is top of my list right now. Ok, Gren's left arm. Any more offers? ;)


Ill give you Gren's right arm apparently its had more experience then the left :wink: :D

_________________
RISE!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2004, 08:52 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
That means the left arm is less spoiled.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2004, 10:53 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
What's a reasonable price for seasons 2 + 3 or one of them?

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2004, 02:28 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
PM me if you want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 18:02 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33375
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
I got one of those buy a dvd player get 5 dvds for free thing and they didn't have one of the ones I wanted so they just sent me another one from the list. The problem is that I already have it so this is a duplicate fro me. I am willing to consider trades.

It is Serenity. The kicker is that it is HD-DVD so you would have to have an HD player/drive for it. I am willing to trade it for another HD-DVD, or BluRay, or regular DVD (region 1). So anybody that has a duplicate that they want to get rid of.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 18:50 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
sldawgs wrote:
So anybody that has a duplicate that they want to get rid of.

Sure, sure. That's those five kids up in Canada.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2008, 07:48 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32378
bratzks wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
So anybody that has a duplicate that they want to get rid of.

Sure, sure. That's those five kids up in Canada.

I forgot to tell you; I can't write.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group