How many DVD's do you own?

If you have information or questions about any available or future DVD release, this is the place to post it.
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Re: How many DVD's do you own?

#201 Post by Dawson » 15 Mar 2016, 07:00

spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:do bluraus xount? new thrwad? streaming killed the physical copy star... doesnt have quite the same rinf to it
:o
Is this the drunk thread?
Sure looks like it.
This is going to confuse me next time. :lol:
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#202 Post by sldawgs » 15 Mar 2016, 07:52

Dawson wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:do bluraus xount? new thrwad? streaming killed the physical copy star... doesnt have quite the same rinf to it
:o
Is this the drunk thread?
Sure looks like it.
This is going to confuse me next time. :lol:
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#203 Post by Scruluce » 06 Jul 2016, 15:14

I'm slowly donating or giving away DVDs that I own. I've also slowed my Blu-ray collecting. My Vudu/Ultraviolet collection is growing steadily, however.
...unless something better's on TV

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#204 Post by Eric Draven » 21 Jul 2016, 12:27

It's strange, even if I have the DVD or BluRay, when I sit down to watch a movie, I always find myself hoping it's on Netflix anyway.
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#205 Post by Scruluce » 23 Jul 2016, 20:46

Eric Draven wrote:It's strange, even if I have the DVD or BluRay, when I sit down to watch a movie, I always find myself hoping it's on Netflix anyway.
I'm usually making use of my digital copy on Vudu instead of pulling out the disc copy. strange... lazy... whatever. we are a spoiled generation in terms of technology.
...unless something better's on TV

NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

#206 Post by NoShoes » 16 Aug 2019, 14:07

Scruluce wrote:
23 Jul 2016, 20:46
Eric Draven wrote:It's strange, even if I have the DVD or BluRay, when I sit down to watch a movie, I always find myself hoping it's on Netflix anyway.
I'm usually making use of my digital copy on Vudu instead of pulling out the disc copy. strange... lazy... whatever. we are a spoiled generation in terms of technology.
Same here. I usually watch movies downstairs in the living room (largest screen) and all DVD's are upstairs. No excuse.....just lazy :tongue:

I miss taking the trip to Blockbuster Video :o
Summertime Fun

redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#207 Post by redamin » 18 Aug 2019, 08:26

NoShoes wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 14:07
Scruluce wrote:
23 Jul 2016, 20:46
Same here. I usually watch movies downstairs in the living room (largest screen) and all DVD's are upstairs. No excuse.....just lazy :tongue:

I miss taking the trip to Blockbuster Video :o
I think I've officially decided to forgo physical copies from now on and just buy digital. I don't even have a Blu-ray player hooked up to my living room tv anymore (although I guess my PS4 counts). It's just too easy to browse my collection on Vudu and with high speed internet the quality is more than adequate. I still own hundreds of discs though that I'll likely never get digital copies of... but I don't display them on a shelf anymore because my kids like pulling them down and playing with them...