What new DVD are you most interested in getting

If you have information or questions about any available or future DVD release, this is the place to post it.

what DVD are you most likly to buy?

Pirates of the Caribbean
11
42%
X-Men 2
6
23%
Terminator 3
2
8%
Finding Nemo
7
27%
 
Total votes: 26

Message
Author
klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

What new DVD are you most interested in getting

#1 Post by klown013 » 03 Nov 2003, 10:51

Okay, I gotta say Pirates has my vote.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51407
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

#2 Post by knarf » 03 Nov 2003, 10:55

I answered Nemo, but the chances for each are something like 99.8%, 99.6%, 99.3% and 99.9%
Image

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#3 Post by klown013 » 03 Nov 2003, 10:57

I figured I would only post movies that everyone seemed to like. Makes it a bit more of a challenge to choose.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

its me martin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4193
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 15:11
Gender: Male
Location: the darkness

#4 Post by its me martin » 03 Nov 2003, 11:09

i voted governator 3
Save me... I'm a human trapped in an alien body.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

#5 Post by F.N.G. » 03 Nov 2003, 11:42

Pirates. (already have X2)
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#6 Post by klown013 » 03 Nov 2003, 12:11

I bought the worst bootleg of X2 ever made. The damn thing only had about 25 minutes of the movie on it. It would just jump from scene to scene. I can usually find most movies a month early in New York City though. I think I will be picking up all of these when I can (already got T3 3 weeks ago) except Nemo. Gonna rent that one first.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

#7 Post by spivey » 03 Nov 2003, 13:13

Went with X2 (but Pirates comes in close). And already bought Nemo, getting it on Tuesday. (Not for me, of course.)

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#8 Post by Nunis » 03 Nov 2003, 13:38

I probably won't buy any of those, although if I change my mind, it'll be Nemo.

lttletimmy
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2520
Joined: 01 Oct 2002, 16:00

#9 Post by lttletimmy » 03 Nov 2003, 18:43

from those choices, I'd get X2

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

#10 Post by Sheila1313 » 03 Nov 2003, 18:51

Pirates! :D

Matt Murdock
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1200
Joined: 10 Jul 2003, 18:43
Gender: Male
Location: California
Contact:

#11 Post by Matt Murdock » 03 Nov 2003, 20:00

Where's LXG? I want that one (sarcasm)!
My own personal hero

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#12 Post by Gren » 04 Nov 2003, 03:21

I went with X2, the 2-disc edition preferrably. I already have Finding Nemo
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#13 Post by klown013 » 04 Nov 2003, 09:49

Matt Murdock wrote:Where's LXG? I want that one (sarcasm)!
I was actually going ot put that in the list as a joke too. Honestly, It could have been worse, but it could have been soooooo much better. It is just proof that not every comic should bemade into a movie. Some of them are too complex and involved to be trimmed down to 2 hours. Even Spider-Man (which I thought was amazing) contained 10-15 years of history and even skipped over major portions of the comics. Spider-Man and X-Men did pretty much as good of a job as you can on a comics movie, where as LXG did just about everything wrong.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

Matt Murdock
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1200
Joined: 10 Jul 2003, 18:43
Gender: Male
Location: California
Contact:

#14 Post by Matt Murdock » 04 Nov 2003, 10:48

klown013 wrote:
Matt Murdock wrote:Where's LXG? I want that one (sarcasm)!
I was actually going ot put that in the list as a joke too. Honestly, It could have been worse, but it could have been soooooo much better. It is just proof that not every comic should bemade into a movie. Some of them are too complex and involved to be trimmed down to 2 hours. Even Spider-Man (which I thought was amazing) contained 10-15 years of history and even skipped over major portions of the comics. Spider-Man and X-Men did pretty much as good of a job as you can on a comics movie, where as LXG did just about everything wrong.
And then there's the Hulk... :rant: :balrog: :mishchief:
My own personal hero

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#15 Post by klown013 » 04 Nov 2003, 11:52

Matt Murdock wrote:
klown013 wrote:
Matt Murdock wrote:Where's LXG? I want that one (sarcasm)!
I was actually going ot put that in the list as a joke too. Honestly, It could have been worse, but it could have been soooooo much better. It is just proof that not every comic should bemade into a movie. Some of them are too complex and involved to be trimmed down to 2 hours. Even Spider-Man (which I thought was amazing) contained 10-15 years of history and even skipped over major portions of the comics. Spider-Man and X-Men did pretty much as good of a job as you can on a comics movie, where as LXG did just about everything wrong.
And then there's the Hulk... :rant: :balrog: :mishchief:
I would post a link to my other comments about the hulk but they litter just about every other forum. I feel it was the worst movie ever made. Nopt just comic movie, worst film ever. It had nothing to do with the comic at all, the acting sucked, the story sucked, the effects sucked, aahhhhhhhhhh. I'm sure people are getting tied of these rants I keep going on so I will try to stop.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#16 Post by klown013 » 04 Nov 2003, 11:54

But seriosuly, it really did suck giant monkey nuts. Now I am done. I promise.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

User avatar
plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4481
Joined: 19 Dec 2002, 07:06
Gender: Male
Location: New York, New York

#17 Post by plaxii » 04 Nov 2003, 13:29

i voted for nemo but im not sure if i would want to watch any of those movies over and over again

the indy box set was my best purchase os of late
I am in a world of shit

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#18 Post by klown013 » 04 Nov 2003, 13:30

plaxii wrote:i voted for nemo but im not sure if i would want to watch any of those movies over and over again

the indy box set was my best purchase os of late
How is the picture and sound quality?
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

User avatar
plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4481
Joined: 19 Dec 2002, 07:06
Gender: Male
Location: New York, New York

#19 Post by plaxii » 04 Nov 2003, 13:34

well i just got it, and watched last crusade first (dont ask)

but the sound was great, it is nice to hear it in crisp surround sound, (and wow do you hear the similarities to music from star wars)

the picture qual is much better than you will see on tnt

all in all i think they did a good job, and i still have to play with the extra features disc
I am in a world of shit

klown013
Director
Director
Posts: 572
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 10:35

#20 Post by klown013 » 04 Nov 2003, 13:40

plaxii wrote:well i just got it, and watched last crusade first (dont ask)

but the sound was great, it is nice to hear it in crisp surround sound, (and wow do you hear the similarities to music from star wars)

the picture qual is much better than you will see on tnt

all in all i think they did a good job, and i still have to play with the extra features disc
Thanks!! I have a pretty nice flat screen TV and a movie theatre quality surround sound. I hate when they have a movie that is a known favorite then they release it with a shitty transfer. It's like since they know people are going to buy it anyway they may as well save some cash and just put out the same crappy quality on DVD.
"You're a handsome devil. What's your name?"

User avatar
fishn4
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2620
Joined: 27 Nov 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Georgia

#21 Post by fishn4 » 04 Nov 2003, 20:20

Would go with X2 but Pirates a close second. The number one dvd I am waiting to buy right now though is The Two Towers Extended Edition.

T
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4877
Joined: 23 Nov 2002, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Parapets of Angband

#22 Post by T » 04 Nov 2003, 21:32

SheilaP1313 wrote:Pirates! :D
I ditto this, if only for Depp's entrance. :lol: Ok, and I like the little monkey guy, too.

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#23 Post by Gren » 05 Nov 2003, 04:30

fishn4 wrote:The Two Towers Extended Edition.
Me too. I want both the extended editions but the cost is too much at the moment, I think. The cinema version of FOTR is now £8 but the extended version is still £30 :balrog: And now to pre-order 2 Towers EV is £36 :rant:
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#24 Post by Nunis » 06 Nov 2003, 03:58

Gren wrote:
fishn4 wrote:The Two Towers Extended Edition.
Me too. I want both the extended editions but the cost is too much at the moment, I think. The cinema version of FOTR is now £8 but the extended version is still £30 :balrog: And now to pre-order 2 Towers EV is £36 :rant:
Gren, right now the Extended Edition of The Two Towers is only £23.99 from Amazon.co.uk, and the same edition for The Fellowship of the Ring is only £16.99.

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#25 Post by Gren » 06 Nov 2003, 05:08

Nunis wrote:Gren, right now the Extended Edition of The Two Towers is only £23.99 from Amazon.co.uk, and the same edition for The Fellowship of the Ring is only £16.99.
:surprise: Note to self don't just go into HMV and assume it's the same everywhere.

Thanks Nunis. :D
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Post Reply