FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 08:51

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Firefly
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2003, 05:38 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I highly recomend anyone picking this up its the entire first and only season. They re orderd the episodes the way they were supposed to be run and its a very good show never should have been canceld. Ive heard rumors of them making a movie so hopefully it will be come a show again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2003, 14:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I just bought the DVD yesterday. If you were a fan of the show you shoud buy it, and if you never saw the show I would recomend renting it then you'll end up buying it later on. :lol:
It was a great show (perhaps the greatest Scifi-Western ever), and it will make a great movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2003, 19:36 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

I liked it... I was very pissed off they went out of order... I think thats what killed the show... you couldn't follow it unless you knew the order really.

I dont think I will buy it though... maybe rent it and watch it again... and to see the new episodes

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2003, 10:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

now that i'm netflixing it, i will be renting it sooner than later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 06:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

taken from scifi.com

[b]Firefly Film Details Hinted [/b]

Joss Whedon, creator of the defunct Fox SF TV show Firefly, told SCI FI Wire that his proposed series-based feature film will aim at an audience that has never seen the show, but will also contain "big giant payoffs" for faithful fans. Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) added that he's finishing up the script for the proposed movie.

"It is still just that, a possible film," Whedon said in an interview at the Los Angeles Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention. "We have a good chance, actually. It looks like it's a real possibility. But more than that I cannot say. ... I don't want to jinx anything."

Whedon acknowledged that it seems odd to try to mount a movie based on a failed television show (Fox canceled Firefly after airing only 11 of the 14 produced episodes). But, he added, referring to his hit Buffy TV series, "It also seems unusual to want to mount a show from a failed film, so you know unusual is sort of my stock in trade. The only reason I'm doing this is because I believed that there was a story to tell that I had not had the opportunity to tell. And I believed that I didn't want to work with anybody except these guys for a long while. So ... there was just too much to give away."

Whedon declined to say which of the series' many loose threads he would tie up in the movie. Some of those include the secret behind the Blue Sun Corp. and its interest in River (Summer Glau); the secret behind Shepherd Book's (Ron Glass) past; the unresolved romantic tension between Capt. Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) and Inara (Morena Baccarin); and the unresolved romantic tension between Simon (Sean Maher) and Kaylee (Jewel Stait).

"There are about 400 things I'd like to see wrapped up in the film," Whedon said. "Unfortunately, then it becomes a miniseries. And so there are certain threads that this follows up on very heavily, and certain ones that it drops entirely. Because you have to pick and choose if it's a movie. ... Obviously, the movie is more epic than the show. There's big action stuff and all kinds of hijinks, but the ... development of the relationships and who these people are and why they belong together is always going to be the point." Firefly: The Complete Series was released on DVD on Dec. 9.

Post subject: Re: Firefly
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 19:24 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Post subject: Re: Firefly
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 17:48 

Joss Whedon officially kills fan attempt to revive Firefly