FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 03:45

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2004, 12:44 
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I'm a little tired, but why are people talking about bears shitting on the pope in the Star Wars thread?

Why not? Aren't Ewoks little bears? It's a scientific question.

Once again science and religion are at odds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2004, 06:52 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Agrajag wrote:
Question for those that have bought the box set...

How is Disc 4? I was hoping to rent everything from BB but apparantly the stores only got the 3 movies... I'm in the middle of the commentary on Empire, but there is no way to rent Disc 4 with all the Special Features (the Indy box set had Last Crusade come with the fourth disc but they didn't do that here...) There's a chance I could rent in on blockbuster.com, but I am too lazy to check out that site right now...

There's probably a chance I'd actually buy this, but not for a long time since I am so poor...

KM~

Nevermind about all that... I finally opened up the Return DVD and they do have Disc 3 and 4 just like Indy. It's just not labelled on the outside...

KM~

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2004, 14:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

How is Disc 4? I was hoping to rent everything from BB but apparantly the stores only got the 3 movies... I'm in the middle of the commentary on Empire, but there is no way to rent Disc 4 with all the Special Features (the Indy box set had Last Crusade come with the fourth disc but they didn't do that here...) There's a chance I could rent in on blockbuster.com, but I am too lazy to check out that site right now...

There's probably a chance I'd actually buy this, but not for a long time since I am so poor...

KM~

Nevermind about all that... I finally opened up the Return DVD and they do have Disc 3 and 4 just like Indy. It's just not labelled on the outside...

KM~

I'm confused. Is it just the rental version that has Return of the Jedi and the bonus disc together? Both my Indy and Star Wars box sets have separate bonus discs ...

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2004, 07:31 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I walked past the set at the store twice last week and finally on Sunday I decided I would go ahead and pull the trigger and buy it...only to find the prices had gopne up from when it came out. It was $8 more at Target than when I was there just the day before.

I waited because I couldn't decide whether I wanted to buy the trilogy or the new Star Wars: Battlegrounds game. Because of my waffling now I have neither.

I think I'm just going to order it off the internet, now. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2004, 08:52 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

DrG wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

KM~

KM~

I'm confused. Is it just the rental version that has Return of the Jedi and the bonus disc together? Both my Indy and Star Wars box sets have separate bonus discs ...

I may have been confusing... When you buy the box set you should get 4 individual DVD cases each with a movie/special feature disc in. At BB, we rent movies so we have a 2 DVD case to hold the 3rd film and the Special Features dsic. This way you can rent the last movie of the trilogy AND get the Bonus Disc. I was confused at first because the title is too long to say there's a bonus disc inside... Then I opened and saw both there :-?

KM~

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2004, 09:05 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Jame Gumb wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
I have not watched the Special Editions since they were in the theaters... and someone told me they missed the Ewok song at the end of Jedi... I don't remember them taking that out... I remember them adding celebration scenes... but I thought the song was still there... anyone can confirm that?

It's still there. They removed a couple shots from the Ewok Circle Jerk.

Especially the one where Warwick Davis hit Cloud City...

Just rented and wated them all this weekend... and nope... the last ewak song isn't there at all... it's a whole new song... yub nub's here.

Not that I really missed it... but it is another brand new scene that completely changed an origianl scene... like the Max Rebo band in Jedi as well... I have no problem with him adding scenes, that's what special editions are for, but when he removes and completely replaces old ones... that's too far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2004, 12:04 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Succumbed to the temptation, I still have not . Strong, the force is, in this one.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 11:24 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

The STAR WARS Films Are Being Readied For Blu-Ray!! Coming Sooner Than Later??

Over the weekend, Lucasfilm minion Steve Sansweet confirmed that STAR WARS Blu-Rays are in the works, and have been for a while.

Quote:
I won't call it the Ultimate Set because we keep finding stuff—but, a very full set of all six movies on Blu-ray with lots of extra material. We're finding all kinds of scenes from dailies that have never been seen before.
[EDIT]
it won't be in the too distant future."

...reveals IGN HERE.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 00:00 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Sela wrote:
The STAR WARS Films Are Being Readied For Blu-Ray!! Coming Sooner Than Later??

Over the weekend, Lucasfilm minion Steve Sansweet confirmed that STAR WARS Blu-Rays are in the works, and have been for a while.

Quote:
I won't call it the Ultimate Set because we keep finding stuff—but, a very full set of all six movies on Blu-ray with lots of extra material. We're finding all kinds of scenes from dailies that have never been seen before.
[EDIT]
it won't be in the too distant future."

...reveals IGN HERE.

Why bother? We all know there's a 3D Blu-ray version in the works. It should be here the same time my 55" Panasonic 3D Viera arrives.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 06:33 
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

Sorry, George, you raised me better than my dad and I'm grateful but there is no chance that you will get another £60 + from me for these on Blu-Ray. Not falling for it again, give us Howard the Duck Re-Dux in 3D Special Edition or a documentary about the contents of your fridge but just stop it it George, stop it!!!

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 06:40 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Ruddy016 wrote:
Sorry, George, you raised me better than my dad and I'm grateful but there is no chance that you will get another £60 + from me for these on Blu-Ray. Not falling for it again, give us Howard the Duck Re-Dux in 3D Special Edition or a documentary about the contents of your fridge but just stop it it George, stop it!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6