Dazed & Confused / Fast Times -- special editions?

If you have information or questions about any available or future DVD release, this is the place to post it.
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Dazed & Confused / Fast Times -- special editions?

#1 Post by alan smithee » 20 May 2004, 13:43

It looks like September 14th, you will be able to get Dazed and Confused (Flashback Edition) or Fast Times and Ridgemont High (Special Edition) for $13.99 (each). Or even a two-pack ("The Ultimate Party Collection") with both for $19.59.

Does anyone know anything about the special features on these?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

spikyone
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#2 Post by spikyone » 21 May 2004, 02:38

Universal Studios Home Video have announced Connie and Carla for release on August 17th. The Nia Vardalos/Toni Collette comedy arrives in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions, each with DD5.1 and DTS audio. Extras include a making-of featurette, deleted scenes, outtakes, bonus musical sequences and trailers. Retail is $29.98. Arriving on August 31st is Jesus Christ Superstar: Special Edition. The musical comes with a 2.35 anamorphic transfer, DD5.1, a new audio commentary with director Norman Jewison and actor Ted Neely, trailers and more. Due on September 14th is the long-awaited special edition reissue of Dazed and Confused: Flashback Edition. Also available in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions, each with DD5.1audio, extras will include a new audio commentary with director Richard Linklater, deleted scenes and trailers. Dazed and Confused also will be available in The Ultimate Party Collection, a two-disc set including Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The collection will be available in separate anamorphic and fullscreen versions each retailing $27.98. Due on September 28th is the debut of I Wanna Hold Your Hand: Collector's Edition. This disc will arrive with a new 1.85 anamorphic transfer, DD5.1, an audio commentary track (director Robert Zemeckis and co-writer Bob Gale) and more. Also due on the 28th is a new special edition reissue of Backbeat. This disc will come with an anamorphic transfer and DD5.1. Joining the previous extras (audio commentary by director Iain Softley, deleted scenes, interviews with Softley and actor Ian Hart, a director's essay, , casting sessions, TV featurette) are an interview with Astrid Kerchherr, a painting gallery, a photo gallery, music videos and footage of the Backbeat band performing at the MTV Video Music Awards. Retail is $19.98 apiece, inless otherwise noted.

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/daily_news.html
It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big
You know, its understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.
Could you blow me where the pampers is?

Philip

Re: Dazed & Confused / Fast Times -- special editions?

#3 Post by Philip » 24 May 2004, 00:41

alan smithee wrote:It looks like September 14th, you will be able to get Dazed and Confused (Flashback Edition) or Fast Times and Ridgemont High (Special Edition) for $13.99 (each). Or even a two-pack ("The Ultimate Party Collection") with both for $19.59.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11500

From a UK website but I expect the additional content will be the same for all regions.

alan smithee

#4 Post by alan smithee » 24 May 2004, 10:29

Buffoon1918 wrote:
alan smithee wrote:It looks like September 14th, you will be able to get Dazed and Confused (Flashback Edition) or Fast Times and Ridgemont High (Special Edition) for $13.99 (each). Or even a two-pack ("The Ultimate Party Collection") with both for $19.59.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11500

From a UK website but I expect the additional content will be the same for all regions.
:star:

thanks!

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#5 Post by JJ » 24 May 2004, 10:36

Does it really matter? Though I suppose it would be great if they included the EFT version of Fast Times.

I'll be the first in line for the Tupac.
La la la la la.

alan smithee

#6 Post by alan smithee » 24 May 2004, 12:24

Jame Gumb wrote:

Does it really matter? Though I suppose it would be great if they included the EFT version of Fast Times.

I'll be the first in line for the Tupac.
If only EFT stuff wasn't station specific ... I'd love that on some movies, esp. "Mr. Hand! You nerd!" and "... gets up to 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious stuff!" Audio and video. There are some scenes in Airplane!, for example, that only appear on some TV versions (and aren't on the DVD).