Primer (5 Apr 05)

If you have information or questions about any available or future DVD release, this is the place to post it.
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Primer (5 Apr 05)

#1 Post by alan smithee » 22 Jan 2005, 16:36

from here:
New Line Home Entertainment will release the Shane Carruth & David Sullivan film Primer on April 5th. This disc will be presented in a 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with an English Dolby Digital 2.0 audio track. The only extras to be included are two audio commentaries (the first with writer/director Shane Carruth; the second with Carruth and the cast/crew).
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#2 Post by Gren » 29 Dec 2005, 16:58

Not that anyone likely cares (other than me) but this looks to be finally getting a UK release in February (according to LOVEFiLM).
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

#3 Post by bing » 29 Dec 2005, 22:01

Commentary should be interesting. I'm worried that the movie will suffer on rewatching, but it seems like it could survive well.

SweetCatastrophe
Director
Director

#4 Post by SweetCatastrophe » 10 Jan 2006, 18:06

I just want to say that the commetary adds quite a bit to the movie. Since I did not quite understand all of the scientific stuff involved, it was really nice to hear what the director had to say. I really enjoyed it.
Jake will be here until I feel more creative again.

Free iPod

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#5 Post by Agrajag » 10 Jan 2006, 18:58

Just figured this should also go here... The link looks fantastic (I had to refresh about 8 times before the entire picture loaded) I've only glanced at it, but it seems like a great timeline and I want to try to print it out to read fully... Maybe I'll pick up the DVD soon to fully use the timeline and get the movie more.
ijgold wrote:I have seen Primer and you are definitely not stupid. However, the movie is intended to be complicated and hard to follow. After watching the movie, i rewatched it two more times that same week and really got a hold of what was happening. The purpose of the movie is to explore, in as realistic a way as possible, the many complications that may arise when dealing with time travel. Therefore, the story involves several different timelines, which arent even told in chronological order (if that makes any sense). The story is actually quite cleverly constructed and if you have the time and inclination, i recommend checking out the following website:

http://neuwanstein.fw.hu/primer_timeline.html
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?