FilmWise Forums
It is currently 25 Mar 2019, 02:10

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2003, 07:41 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'am a huge fan tof the Evil Dead movies. The second one is the best.
But I have already spent way over $100 dollars on DvD's alone, and now I just read that the whole TRILOGY is coming out in a box set. I don't know when it be coming out but here's the cover art.

Chances are I'll buy it. How about you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2003, 13:00 
Director
Director

The should put out every one of the movies, and eery DVD version of each. That way it would be the biggest bos set of all time. There would be like 600 dvds in there. This whole thing pisses me off. If they have something worthwhile to show you, put it out on the first disc the first time. This is such a blatant screwing of fans. I can understand one specail edition, maybe. This has got to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2003, 10:56 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm with Klown on this one. I already got screwed buying Evil Dead & Army of Darkness.. only to have Anchor Bay come out with yet another special edition of each one.. (which of course I bought, because I'm a sucker)

I figure I've got the remastered letterboxed movies, I've got the commentaries & deleted scenes & trailers.. I don't really need anything else.

Besides.. if I want a snazzy box for em, I'd just get it here. (scroll down to see em)[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2003, 17:44 
Director
Director

I love the EVIL DEAD trilogy to death (no pun intended,--- seriously there wasn't) but they have gotten to the point were they are re-releasing the same DVD's just with diffrent cases. Army of darkness has been re-released 4 times I think. Once as a double disc, the "limited" edition gold case, the "bootleg" edition and the "boomstick" edition. I mean, come on now. I don't think there is anything diffrent on any of these versions besides the cases. If i am wrong, then let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2003, 15:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I love "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness," but I really don't like "Evil Dead." I haven't gotten around to buying any DVD's from this trilogy, but when I do, I'll probably just get "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness" separately and skip "Evil Dead" or the boxed set.

But, there's still a chance that I could get lured into buying the boxed set if it has some sweet extras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2003, 04:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I may have to buy this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2003, 12:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
I love "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness," but I really don't like "Evil Dead." I haven't gotten around to buying any DVD's from this trilogy, but when I do, I'll probably just get "Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness" separately and skip "Evil Dead" or the boxed set.

But, there's still a chance that I could get lured into buying the boxed set if it has some sweet extras.

But without Evil Dead, you don't get to witness the full transformation from scared wimpy guy in the backseat of the Olds, into the ultimate badass that he becomes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2003, 10:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

rudezombie wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

But without Evil Dead, you don't get to witness the full transformation from scared wimpy guy in the backseat of the Olds, into the ultimate badass that he becomes!

I got turned off by Evil Dead during the scene in the woods where a root or branch or something is creeping up a woman's leg, leading the audience to believe that this woman is about to be raped by a tree. As a woman, I find this scene distasteful and unnecessary. Since Evil Dead 2 is more or less a re-telling of the story in Evil Dead, and 2 is a far superior film (with no tree rape scenes), I'd rather watch 2 (which, by the way, is my favorite of the trilogy).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2003, 21:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

klown013 wrote:
I love the EVIL DEAD trilogy to death (no pun intended,--- seriously there wasn't) but they have gotten to the point were they are re-releasing the same DVD's just with diffrent cases. Army of darkness has been re-released 4 times I think. Once as a double disc, the "limited" edition gold case, the "bootleg" edition and the "boomstick" edition. I mean, come on now. I don't think there is anything diffrent on any of these versions besides the cases. If i am wrong, then let me know.

Well, the Bootleg edition is the director's cut. It has a different ending, and changes a few lines. The boomstick edition contains both regular and director's cut. I don't know much about the "limited" edition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2003, 21:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

klown013 wrote:

Let's not forget the edition that looked like the Necronomicon. That was pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2003, 11:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Matt Murdock wrote:
klown013 wrote:

Let's not forget the edition that looked like the Necronomicon. That was pretty cool.

I think that was Evil Dead 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2003, 20:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Eric Draven wrote:
Matt Murdock wrote:
klown013 wrote:

Nope, the Book of the Dead edition is the original film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2003, 10:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

NobodysFool wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
Matt Murdock wrote:
klown013 wrote:

My mistake. I should have known better.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2003, 14:11 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Matt Murdock wrote:
NobodysFool wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
Matt Murdock wrote:
klown013 wrote:

My mistake. I should have known better.Image

I'll let it pass this time cuz I like your avatar... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2004, 15:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I found this very helpful webpage that compares/contrasts the various editions of the Evil Dead trilogy DVD's:
The Evil Dead Trilogy DVD FAQ

I'm still trying to decide if I should just get the separate DVD's or wait to see how this whole box set thing develops. According to the site I've cited above, there will be no Region 1 box set (even though there's a Region 2 box set currently available (info here and here)). Has anyone heard anything different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2005, 11:40 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Finally, another version!

Evil Dead 1 & 2 (Limited Edition / Double Book)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2005, 11:44 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

alan smithee wrote:

http://www.filmwise.com/forums/viewtopi ... 079#361079