FilmWise Forums
It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 17:01

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DVD Spoilers
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 08:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

something that has always kind of bothered me, though only in the cases where the menu gives more away than the trailer, an article about DVD menu spoilers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 09:36 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Just read that this morning. It annoys the hell out of me too.

Another thing that has been bothing me lately, although not entirely related, is the fact that right after the opening credits of Battlestar Galactica, they show a ten second breakneck montage of everything that is going to happen in that episode. Wouldn't that montage be better suited for the end of the previous episode? Gah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 09:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:
Just read that this morning. It annoys the hell out of me too.

Another thing that has been bothing me lately, although not entirely related, is the fact that right after the opening credits of Battlestar Galactica, they show a ten second breakneck montage of everything that is going to happen in that episode. Wouldn't that montage be better suited for the end of the previous episode? Gah.

I've seen this on some recent episodes, but not all of them. One in particular I remember was the one in which Apollo was shown adrift in space and they told the events that led up to and after that moment. In other episodes I've definitely seen them show extended recaps (like 2-3 minutes worth) to set up a storyline, but not what you're describing.

It's also entirely possible I'm simply not paying enough attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 12:10 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

You Know, for Kids wrote:
I've seen this on some recent episodes, but not all of them. One in particular I remember was the one in which Apollo was shown adrift in space and they told the events that led up to and after that moment. In other episodes I've definitely seen them show extended recaps (like 2-3 minutes worth) to set up a storyline, but not what you're describing.

It's possible: :tongue:

Actually, first they have a "previously on BSG" segment, then they have about 5-10 minutes of the show, then right after the opening credits, they have this segment, in every damn episode, where they show quick flashes of stuff that's going to happen in this episode. It's damn annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 14:16 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:

Actually, first they have a "previously on BSG" segment, then they have about 5-10 minutes of the show, then right after the opening credits, they have this segment, in every damn episode, where they show quick flashes of stuff that's going to happen in this episode. It's damn annoying.

:green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 16:58 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:

:green:

Try to DL the american versions.... they don't have that... I DLed the British version last year when they were 6 episodes ahead and that annoyed me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 00:57 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Odd Todd wrote:
Try to DL the american versions.... they don't have that... I DLed the British version last year when they were 6 episodes ahead and that annoyed me too.

"American versions"? What the hell does that mean? I get all my BSG torrents, like all my other shows, from American sites, and American groups. Why have I not been told there is a difference? And how can there be British versions; the latest episodes don't air here until like 12 weeks after they air in America.

I'm gonna call you a liar.

Last edited by Nunis on 07 Mar 2006, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 01:12 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:

"American versions"? What the hell does that mean? I get all my BSG torrents, like all my other shows, from American sites, and American groups. Why have I not been told there is a difference? And how can there be British versions; the latest episodes don't air here until like 12 weeks after they air in America.

I'm gonna concur. The episodes have the Sci-Fi channel logo on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 04:59 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:

Oh yeah, and that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 05:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

On a related note.

I rented the movie: He loves me, he loves me not with Audrey Tatou.

On the cover of the dvd you see an image of the movie, in which you see Audrey communicating with the other lead actor in a bathroom. As I am watching the movie, we see the perspective of Audrey. Then I see the scene in which Audrey is at a party and goes to the bathroom. But you dont see any scene in the bathroom. So I already figured there was more too it. Anyway it does give away some details. Cause the entire movie I am waiting for that moment. Not that it mattered much cause I already figured the movie out after 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 13:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:

Odd Todd wrote:
I DLed the British version last year when they were 6 episodes ahead

BitTorrent sites put episodes up as soon as any country has it. For instance, all Stargate Atlantis episodes are aired on a Canadian network before airing in the US, therefore it's those Canadian versions that end up on BT sites. Last year, the UK had BSG before the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 14:19 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Ulkesh wrote:
snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:

Odd Todd wrote:

BitTorrent sites put episodes up as soon as any country has it. For instance, all Stargate Atlantis episodes are aired on a Canadian network before airing in the US, therefore it's those Canadian versions that end up on BT sites. Last year, the UK had BSG before the US.

What's the excuse for this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 17:47 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Ulkesh wrote:
snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:

Odd Todd wrote:

Yeah! Blame CANADA! :lol: