FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 02:45

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 01:34 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

I will say, I won't invest in something like this until all seven movies are out, but wow, the packaging looks amazing.

It's the new high-def versions of the movies that are released in this special box set.

Quote:
It will contain the first five Harry Potter DVDs and features some nifty repackaging of the DVDs. The covers to each of the DVDs now resemble the style of book covers, and say "Year One," "Year two" etc. along with the title of the film. Contained in what resembles Harry's trunk or suitcase with the Hogwarts crest on the front, this set of five DVDs also include what looks like a separate Hogwarts DVD game, trading cards and a nice bookmark set which features Hedwig delivering her letter, a broom, the Prophecy globe, the Snitch, and the Gryffindor Lion badge.

This set will be available the same day as the standard and high definition discs of "Order of the Phoenix" on December 11.

Check out the cover art here.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 11:57 
Director
Director

Nunis wrote:
I will say, I won't invest in something like this until all seven movies are out, but wow, the packaging looks amazing.

It's the new high-def versions of the movies that are released in this special box set.

Quote:
It will contain the first five Harry Potter DVDs and features some nifty repackaging of the DVDs. The covers to each of the DVDs now resemble the style of book covers, and say "Year One," "Year two" etc. along with the title of the film. Contained in what resembles Harry's trunk or suitcase with the Hogwarts crest on the front, this set of five DVDs also include what looks like a separate Hogwarts DVD game, trading cards and a nice bookmark set which features Hedwig delivering her letter, a broom, the Prophecy globe, the Snitch, and the Gryffindor Lion badge.

This set will be available the same day as the standard and high definition discs of "Order of the Phoenix" on December 11.

Cool, but why spend 120 bucks on a gift set like that? It's cheaper just to buy the 2 Disc DVD's individually.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 01:28 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

bdude wrote:
Nunis wrote:

Quote:

Cool, but why spend 120 bucks on a gift set like that? It's cheaper just to buy the 2 Disc DVD's individually.

Do you get the collectable trading cards with those? Hmmm? Do you? Do you? I believe I've answered your question with four questions of my own.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 05:24 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
bdude wrote:
Nunis wrote:

Quote:

Do you get the collectable trading cards with those? Hmmm? Do you? Do you? I believe I've answered your question with four questions of my own.

Yeah, don't let the marketers here you say that, they will have heart attacks. Obviously you don't understand the term "collectible" :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 04:12 
Key Grip
Key Grip

I'd love to be able to afford something like that, but why bring a special package like that out now?? Surely most fans are going to wait until all 7 films have been released and get the package then, which should mean 7 metal bookmarks instead of 5 and a few more extra things, maybe even a replica wand, who knows??

But it is the way DVD releases are going now, it's all to do with the packaging and marketing, the more attractive your "special edition" package and the more it has in it, the more appeal it has to colectors. The trouble is, where do you put all the 'extra' stuff??? Once the package is opened it isn't worth much, but keep a special edition package like this one sealed, and wait 50 years, and you may well have a little item you can sell for 1000's.