FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 02:45

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 01:34 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
I will say, I won't invest in something like this until all seven movies are out, but wow, the packaging looks amazing.

It's the new high-def versions of the movies that are released in this special box set.

Quote:
It will contain the first five Harry Potter DVDs and features some nifty repackaging of the DVDs. The covers to each of the DVDs now resemble the style of book covers, and say "Year One," "Year two" etc. along with the title of the film. Contained in what resembles Harry's trunk or suitcase with the Hogwarts crest on the front, this set of five DVDs also include what looks like a separate Hogwarts DVD game, trading cards and a nice bookmark set which features Hedwig delivering her letter, a broom, the Prophecy globe, the Snitch, and the Gryffindor Lion badge.

This set will be available the same day as the standard and high definition discs of "Order of the Phoenix" on December 11.



Check out the cover art here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 11:57 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 11:15
Posts: 546
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Nunis wrote:
I will say, I won't invest in something like this until all seven movies are out, but wow, the packaging looks amazing.

It's the new high-def versions of the movies that are released in this special box set.

Quote:
It will contain the first five Harry Potter DVDs and features some nifty repackaging of the DVDs. The covers to each of the DVDs now resemble the style of book covers, and say "Year One," "Year two" etc. along with the title of the film. Contained in what resembles Harry's trunk or suitcase with the Hogwarts crest on the front, this set of five DVDs also include what looks like a separate Hogwarts DVD game, trading cards and a nice bookmark set which features Hedwig delivering her letter, a broom, the Prophecy globe, the Snitch, and the Gryffindor Lion badge.

This set will be available the same day as the standard and high definition discs of "Order of the Phoenix" on December 11.



Check out the cover art here.


Cool, but why spend 120 bucks on a gift set like that? It's cheaper just to buy the 2 Disc DVD's individually.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 01:28 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28572
Location: Gotham's seedier side
bdude wrote:
Nunis wrote:
I will say, I won't invest in something like this until all seven movies are out, but wow, the packaging looks amazing.

It's the new high-def versions of the movies that are released in this special box set.

Quote:
It will contain the first five Harry Potter DVDs and features some nifty repackaging of the DVDs. The covers to each of the DVDs now resemble the style of book covers, and say "Year One," "Year two" etc. along with the title of the film. Contained in what resembles Harry's trunk or suitcase with the Hogwarts crest on the front, this set of five DVDs also include what looks like a separate Hogwarts DVD game, trading cards and a nice bookmark set which features Hedwig delivering her letter, a broom, the Prophecy globe, the Snitch, and the Gryffindor Lion badge.

This set will be available the same day as the standard and high definition discs of "Order of the Phoenix" on December 11.



Check out the cover art here.


Cool, but why spend 120 bucks on a gift set like that? It's cheaper just to buy the 2 Disc DVD's individually.

Do you get the collectable trading cards with those? Hmmm? Do you? Do you? I believe I've answered your question with four questions of my own.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 05:24 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33395
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Batman wrote:
bdude wrote:
Nunis wrote:
I will say, I won't invest in something like this until all seven movies are out, but wow, the packaging looks amazing.

It's the new high-def versions of the movies that are released in this special box set.

Quote:
It will contain the first five Harry Potter DVDs and features some nifty repackaging of the DVDs. The covers to each of the DVDs now resemble the style of book covers, and say "Year One," "Year two" etc. along with the title of the film. Contained in what resembles Harry's trunk or suitcase with the Hogwarts crest on the front, this set of five DVDs also include what looks like a separate Hogwarts DVD game, trading cards and a nice bookmark set which features Hedwig delivering her letter, a broom, the Prophecy globe, the Snitch, and the Gryffindor Lion badge.

This set will be available the same day as the standard and high definition discs of "Order of the Phoenix" on December 11.



Check out the cover art here.


Cool, but why spend 120 bucks on a gift set like that? It's cheaper just to buy the 2 Disc DVD's individually.

Do you get the collectable trading cards with those? Hmmm? Do you? Do you? I believe I've answered your question with four questions of my own.

Yeah, don't let the marketers here you say that, they will have heart attacks. Obviously you don't understand the term "collectible" :roll:

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 04:12 
Offline
Key Grip
Key Grip

Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 07:11
Posts: 73
Location: Corby UK
I'd love to be able to afford something like that, but why bring a special package like that out now?? Surely most fans are going to wait until all 7 films have been released and get the package then, which should mean 7 metal bookmarks instead of 5 and a few more extra things, maybe even a replica wand, who knows??

But it is the way DVD releases are going now, it's all to do with the packaging and marketing, the more attractive your "special edition" package and the more it has in it, the more appeal it has to colectors. The trouble is, where do you put all the 'extra' stuff??? Once the package is opened it isn't worth much, but keep a special edition package like this one sealed, and wait 50 years, and you may well have a little item you can sell for 1000's.

_________________
Save the Cheerleader Save the World


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group