Random ranting about anything that pissed you off

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
meandmymeatcleaver
Producer
Producer

#4176 Post by meandmymeatcleaver » 18 Dec 2005, 23:50

on wisdom teeth talk,
I just had mine out last monday morning.

The pain was only from the swelling of my left jaw. No pain from the mouth or the operation. The swelling was rather bad and made it so I could barley put food in my mouth. But now its Sunday night and feels rather fine. Just feels liekhe muscle is kinda cramped up.
Fire Walk with Me.

SweetCatastrophe
Director
Director

#4177 Post by SweetCatastrophe » 19 Dec 2005, 21:24

So...Sunday I take care of all kinds of errands...I drive around to three different cities...and then I go over to my friend's apartment so he can follow me to the movie theater in Atlanta to go see Brokeback Mountain. We hang out and talk for a little while, and then about half an hour later, we go out to our cars. I turn my car on...and it immediately stalls. I repeat this action I don't know how many times. We continue to the movie (with four of us crammed in a pick-up truck), then back four hours later. Same thing happening with the car. Friend drops me and fiance off at our apartment. This morning call my insurance to get roadside assistance to tow my car to a nearby shop. Then I get back to the car...and it starts just fine. Go ahead and take it to the shop...and $460 later they replace my ignition valve...one frickin valve. Had to take out a new credit card to afford it because we have no money right now. Grrrrrrrrrr. I swear I've replaced every damn thing on that car.
Jake will be here until I feel more creative again.

Free iPod

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4178 Post by Mazer » 20 Dec 2005, 12:12

So I finished my paper and head up to the school to drop it off (sad fact: this is one of of the prime social times of the year - everyone is in the lineup, delirious with lack of sleep and the fact that we're done for the term, and debating the age-old question: sleep or beer first?) . Make it home by 10:30 and settle into bed. The fire alarm goes off. And stays ringing. I pride myself on my ability to sleep through almost any noise, but it's right above my head. Half an hour later it finally shuts off. Shortly thereafter a telemarketer calls. Normally I try to shut them down nicely, but I got rude on this one. Back to sleep and one of the neighbours apparently decides to assemble some shelves. Or maybe he's hanging every single piece of art he owns.

Grr. Argh. Grumpy and still tired is not a good look for me.

Caulfield
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4179 Post by Caulfield » 20 Dec 2005, 12:37

SweetCatastrophe wrote:Go ahead and take it to the shop...and $460 later they replace my ignition valve...one frickin valve.
Um... I've never heard of an ignition valve. There is an ignition switch (unless it's called something different in different cars). And, I hate to tell you this, but if it was your ignition switch, that job shouldn't have cost you more than $200 (that's a very generous estimate too) for parts and labor.
Methinks you need a new shop.

What kind of car do you drive by the way?

SweetCatastrophe
Director
Director

#4180 Post by SweetCatastrophe » 20 Dec 2005, 21:08

I drive a Taurus...I had to take it to the Ford dealership since they're the only place that I could pick it up from after I got off of work (10). I knew that I would have to pay more with it being the dealership and all. And if they were making up shit I'm going to be highly pissed. I always get the feeling that I'm getting screwed over everytime I take my car in somewhere. Last time I took my car in (to Midas, this time), they told me I needed to have my serpentine belt changed. It's only supposed to be changed, like, once every seven years. I had had it changed two months before. The man was flabbergasted when I called him on it. Anyway, I know it was some sort of valve having to do with the ignition. My fiance said that's what it's called...I could double check the paperwork, but that's in the car right now.

Free iPod

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4181 Post by DrG » 21 Dec 2005, 05:11

SweetCatastrophe wrote:I drive a Taurus...I had to take it to the Ford dealership since they're the only place that I could pick it up from after I got off of work (10). I knew that I would have to pay more with it being the dealership and all. And if they were making up shit I'm going to be highly pissed. I always get the feeling that I'm getting screwed over everytime I take my car in somewhere. Last time I took my car in (to Midas, this time), they told me I needed to have my serpentine belt changed. It's only supposed to be changed, like, once every seven years. I had had it changed two months before. The man was flabbergasted when I called him on it. Anyway, I know it was some sort of valve having to do with the ignition. My fiance said that's what it's called...I could double check the paperwork, but that's in the car right now.
Brand dealers always rip you off - at least they do over here. I'm very wary of taking my car to a strange garage. A few of them see a woman and think "KERCHING". I remember taking my car to a garage for an MOT and service when I lived in Leeds. They called me at work to say my car needed new brake pads and disks and new suspension, at a cost of over £500. Little did they know I had had all of that replaced only a year earlier, and I had actually WATCHED the garage (a different one) replacing them. So it was no real surprise when the garage chain that did my MOT were featured on BBC's Watchdog a few months later - accused of ripping of their customers with unnecessary work.

Can you tell I don't trust garages?
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

SweetCatastrophe
Director
Director

#4182 Post by SweetCatastrophe » 21 Dec 2005, 07:23

I don't trust them, either. I always take my fiance with me, but you can tell he doesn't know anything about cars, either. I'm sure I've been taken advantage of on more than one occasion.

Free iPod

Caulfield
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4183 Post by Caulfield » 22 Dec 2005, 06:55

DrG wrote:
SweetCatastrophe wrote:I drive a Taurus...I had to take it to the Ford dealership since they're the only place that I could pick it up from after I got off of work (10). I knew that I would have to pay more with it being the dealership and all. And if they were making up shit I'm going to be highly pissed. I always get the feeling that I'm getting screwed over everytime I take my car in somewhere. Last time I took my car in (to Midas, this time), they told me I needed to have my serpentine belt changed. It's only supposed to be changed, like, once every seven years. I had had it changed two months before. The man was flabbergasted when I called him on it. Anyway, I know it was some sort of valve having to do with the ignition. My fiance said that's what it's called...I could double check the paperwork, but that's in the car right now.
Can you tell I don't trust garages?
SweetCatastrophe wrote:I don't trust them, either. I always take my fiance with me, but you can tell he doesn't know anything about cars, either. I'm sure I've been taken advantage of on more than one occasion.
Well, I practically grew up in one and I'm telling you, you got ripped off. Granted, I don't have a ton of knowledge when it comes to Fords, but domestics should cost even less to repair than imports and the estimate I gave you was for Japanese car. You need to go down there and fight the bill ASAP. Threaten them with media exposure (like DrG did)... see what they'll give back to you.

Also, if you want to bone up on your car knowledge, try NPR's Car Talk. I think it comes on on Saturday mornings and of course they have a website for information and some local garage recommendations. For example, my dad's shop is actually listed for our area. :pride:

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#4184 Post by JJ » 22 Dec 2005, 09:50

Typical sports guy stupidity today. So Tony Dungy's 18-year old son commits suicide.

Sports anchor asshole on radio: "Tough week for Dungy. First the Colts lose their chance for a perfect season, then his son..."
La la la la la.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#4185 Post by snotball » 23 Dec 2005, 06:10

Driving all the way to a store to buy something, that the owner assured you is in stock, only to get there and find out he made a mistake, and he actually doesn't have it. In addition, getting hit by another car, on the way home, from that pointless trip.
Bad dates

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#4186 Post by Agrajag » 23 Dec 2005, 16:34

snotball wrote:Driving all the way to a store to buy something, that the owner assured you is in stock, only to get there and find out he made a mistake, and he actually doesn't have it. In addition, getting hit by another car, on the way home, from that pointless trip.
Damn that sucks! Sorry snot
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

#4187 Post by Sheila1313 » 23 Dec 2005, 16:48

snotball wrote:Driving all the way to a store to buy something, that the owner assured you is in stock, only to get there and find out he made a mistake, and he actually doesn't have it. In addition, getting hit by another car, on the way home, from that pointless trip.
Damn. :( That's a bad day. :(
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4188 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 28 Dec 2005, 09:54

having way too many threads to catch up on.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#4189 Post by Gren » 28 Dec 2005, 10:42

Mr.StayPuft wrote:having way too many threads to catch up on.
It won't take that long honestly.
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#4190 Post by knarf » 28 Dec 2005, 10:55

Being all caught up on threads.

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4191 Post by Buckykatt » 28 Dec 2005, 14:14

Opening this month's gas/electric bill. Usage up as against last year by about 8% (it was colder this year). Cost per day almost DOUBLE last year.

January/February may kill us. I'm seriously going to get DBF looking into solar panels.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#4192 Post by Gren » 31 Dec 2005, 10:05

Losing with a straight flush :?

And not being on a bad beat table :? :?
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4193 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 31 Dec 2005, 15:30

Gren wrote:Losing with a straight flush :?

how did you manage that? were you playing with wilds? i can't imagine multiple straight flushes or a royal flush in the same hand.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#4194 Post by Gren » 31 Dec 2005, 16:45

Mr.StayPuft wrote:

how did you manage that? were you playing with wilds? i can't imagine multiple straight flushes or a royal flush in the same hand.
The 6-9 of hearts were on the board. I had the 5 (and the ace!) and the other guy had the 10.

He was glad to get it.

#4195 Post by Guest » 31 Dec 2005, 18:47

Gren wrote:
Mr.StayPuft wrote:

The 6-9 of hearts were on the board. I had the 5 (and the ace!) and the other guy had the 10.
ahhh, i wasn't thinking hold'em.

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4196 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 31 Dec 2005, 18:48

^^^ me

Sugarpuss O'Shea
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4197 Post by Sugarpuss O'Shea » 01 Jan 2006, 16:12

Gren wrote:
Mr.StayPuft wrote:

Ouch. :s
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4198 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 02 Jan 2006, 09:35

having to be a snitch to stop this bullshit with my brother's girlfriend.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#4199 Post by Gren » 02 Jan 2006, 09:45

Having to do work on my last day off to "prepare" for going back to work tomorrow

He was glad to get it.

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4200 Post by You Know, for Kids » 02 Jan 2006, 09:52

Gren wrote:Having to do work on my last day off to "prepare" for going back to work tomorrow
:green:
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.