FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 01:32

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354  Next
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 18:50 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Mazer wrote:
So I had a DVD by mail rental service, which I liked, because they had a pretty extensive selection. Got an email Monday that they're going out of business and to send back all DVDs. Thanks for the warning, assholes, maybe I wanted to I don't know, use up my points, or copy my rental list somewhere. Also, grrr on losing the service at all. Streaming Netflix is here, but from what I've seen at friends' places, the movie selection is pretty limited.

Um ... so if you don't send 'em back. what happens? They stay in business?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 18:54 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
So I had a DVD by mail rental service, which I liked, because they had a pretty extensive selection. Got an email Monday that they're going out of business and to send back all DVDs. Thanks for the warning, assholes, maybe I wanted to I don't know, use up my points, or copy my rental list somewhere. Also, grrr on losing the service at all. Streaming Netflix is here, but from what I've seen at friends' places, the movie selection is pretty limited.

:D If only. $25 per charged to my Visa.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 18:56 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Mazer wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Jerks!

You could de-authorize the card ...

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 19:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Jerks!

And how do I convince them to send me a bunch of extra disks first?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 20:37 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Mazer wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Jerks!

You're having a "going out of customer" sale!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 20:43 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Jerks!

You're having a "going out of customer" sale!

in Soviet Canada ...

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 09:11 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Office Microwave etiquette people!

Now I could possibly understand leaving 5 seconds on the microwave, although, it takes a single push of a button to hit clear, but 52 seconds? Really? Did you just randomly pick a time and think "I need to cook it 3 minutes and 8 seconds, but how do you do that? Ah hell, I'll just put 4 minutes in."

Don't be a donkey's rear, hit clear.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 12:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:

Now I could possibly understand leaving 5 seconds on the microwave, although, it takes a single push of a button to hit clear, but 52 seconds? Really? Did you just randomly pick a time and think "I need to cook it 3 minutes and 8 seconds, but how do you do that? Ah hell, I'll just put 4 minutes in."

Wouldn't that be an ass's ass? :D

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 15:37 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

sldawgs wrote:

Reason # 117 I'm glad I work from home (# 117a are people who reheat fish dishes in office microwaves :balrog: )

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 15:57 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Reason # 117 I'm glad I work from home (# 117a are people who reheat fish dishes in office microwaves :balrog: )

Or burn popcorn :balrog:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 20:30 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Odd Todd wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Oh man, that's the worst. We actually have a sign up saying if you want to make popcorn, go to the breakroom microwave.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 20:33 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Wouldn't that be an ass's ass? :D

Why yes, yes it would. :tongue:

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2014, 06:37 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

sldawgs wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Oh man, that's the worst. We actually have a sign up saying if you want to make popcorn, go to the breakroom microwave.

It's banned in our buildings.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2014, 10:41 

knarf wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

It's banned in our buildings.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2014, 15:33 

:lol: wd Mids

PostPosted: 18 May 2015, 18:59 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

A new lady at work is really talky and trying hard to be liked. She's going to be my new partner at night and I'm already sort of dreading it. She seems to want to chat all the time and all I usually want is to get my work finished, slap on my headphones and kill some time watching movies.

I had a copy of Breakfast Club on my desk. She sees it and starts in about how much she loves this movie. Looking more closely at the cover, she spots Emilio Estevez and cries out "oh, I didn't know he was in this. He's in Mighty Ducks. I love that movie."

I know I'm prone to grumpy but I don't think I can do a song and dance like that every night.

PostPosted: 18 May 2015, 19:33 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

A² wrote:
A new lady at work is really talky and trying hard to be liked. She's going to be my new partner at night and I'm already sort of dreading it. She seems to want to chat all the time and all I usually want is to get my work finished, slap on my headphones and kill some time watching movies.

I had a copy of Breakfast Club on my desk. She sees it and starts in about how much she loves this movie. Looking more closely at the cover, she spots Emilio Estevez and cries out "oh, I didn't know he was in this. He's in Mighty Ducks. I love that movie."

I know I'm prone to grumpy but I don't think I can do a song and dance like that every night.

Strangely enough, another John Hughes came to mind:

Hang in there. :P

PostPosted: 18 May 2015, 20:53 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Steel Frog wrote:
A² wrote:

Strangely enough, another John Hughes came to mind:

Hang in there. :P

Give her the British version of the Flying V

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 22:52 

The fucking Rock is remaking Big Trouble in Little China

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2015, 09:49 

I'm getting old. Everything pisses me off lately. We are now in the movie Idiocracy. Kim Kardashian on the front page of rolling stone magazine. Kanye at Glastonbury. Rita Ora in every magazine. That young Kardashian non stop in magazines. People famous for being famous. No substance.
Every time anyone gets angry it's all over social media. Everyone suing everyone. Democrats make peace with Cuba republicans hate it. Immigration. Soccer cheats. I feel like Edward Norton in 25th hour staring in the mirror just ranting.

Ok. Carry on :)

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2015, 09:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
I'm getting old. Everything pisses me off lately. We are now in the movie Idiocracy. Kim Kardashian on the front page of rolling stone magazine. Kanye at Glastonbury. Rita Ora in every magazine. That young Kardashian non stop in magazines. People famous for being famous. No substance.
Every time anyone gets angry it's all over social media. Everyone suing everyone. Democrats make peace with Cuba republicans hate it. Immigration. Soccer cheats. I feel like Edward Norton in 25th hour staring in the mirror just ranting.

I feel the exact same way. Add in there the bullshit going on in America where a flag is to blame for someone killing people and Civil War memorials are under threat of being demolished. I just watched Idiocracy the other day and felt those people are more like the people we live with now more than ever. MORONS!!!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2015, 10:25 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
spymeg wrote:
Dawson wrote:

I feel the exact same way. Add in there the bullshit going on in America where a flag is to blame for someone killing people and Civil War memorials are under threat of being demolished. I just watched Idiocracy the other day and felt those people are more like the people we live with now more than ever. MORONS!!!

:rant: :green: :balrog:

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 07:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm watching Contact on HBO...HBO! They cut out the whole scene where her Dad dies!!! WTF?? I'm not mad about missing the scene but I'm pissed that HBO edited the movie!!!!

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 12:35 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

spymeg wrote:
I'm watching Contact on HBO...HBO! They cut out the whole scene where her Dad dies!!! WTF?? I'm not mad about missing the scene but I'm pissed that HBO edited the movie!!!!

Heath Ledger is dead?

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 02:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Heath Ledger is dead?

Only in the film

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354  Next