FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 10:44

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354  Next
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 13:20 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Fat Head wrote:
Batman wrote:
spymeg wrote:
I'm watching Contact on HBO...HBO! They cut out the whole scene where her Dad dies!!! WTF?? I'm not mad about missing the scene but I'm pissed that HBO edited the movie!!!!

Heath Ledger is dead?

Only in the film

I nearly watched contact yesterday!

But that scene they cut. They knew shouldn't have done that

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 11:48 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Dawson wrote:
Fat Head wrote:
Batman wrote:
spymeg wrote:
I'm watching Contact on HBO...HBO! They cut out the whole scene where her Dad dies!!! WTF?? I'm not mad about missing the scene but I'm pissed that HBO edited the movie!!!!

Heath Ledger is dead?

Only in the film

I have been noticing this a lot lately... WTF!
The point of cable is to NOT have it edited for television!
They also don't give a blurb saying it was edited from the theatrical version either.

I noticed it in Galaxy Quest when Gwens top opens up... they cut that scene entirely! It was PG-13... they did not air it as PG... and they still edited it! I don't get it.

Who is making these decisions? Why are they not letting us know they were made? It's all very shady. If I were a director or producer i'd be pissed!

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 12:19 

Odd Todd wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Fat Head wrote:
Batman wrote:
spymeg wrote:

Heath Ledger is dead?

Only in the film

I have been noticing this a lot lately... WTF!
The point of cable is to NOT have it edited for television!
They also don't give a blurb saying it was edited from the theatrical version either.

I noticed it in Galaxy Quest when Gwens top opens up... they cut that scene entirely! It was PG-13... they did not air it as PG... and they still edited it! I don't get it.

Who is making these decisions? Why are they not letting us know they were made? It's all very shady. If I were a director or producer i'd be pissed!

I always remember them ALWAYS cutting the fake hanging prison scene at the beginning of The Goonies. I thought I imagined that scene for years!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 23:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

someone in the Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey area just set off fireworks at midnight in the middle of the week. I have a lot of questions:

1. How dare you?

2. What possible occasion could be worth celebrating with fireworks in the middle of week? The realization that you're a fuckhead and you needed to alert people of that? or did you just discovered that your life is meaningless and felt the need to make others' lives difficult?

3. Fuck you. I know that's not a question, but fuck you anyways.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 07:52 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Bill wrote:
someone in the Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey area just set off fireworks at midnight in the middle of the week. I have a lot of questions:

1. How dare you?

2. What possible occasion could be worth celebrating with fireworks in the middle of week? The realization that you're a fuckhead and you needed to alert people of that? or did you just discovered that your life is meaningless and felt the need to make others' lives difficult?

3. Fuck you. I know that's not a question, but fuck you anyways.

Ah, well queried.

I was subject to nightly fireworks in August this year; my guess is they had a bunch left over from the fourth and decided, "why the Hell not?"

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 18:56 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

so it turns out to be none other than the frigging Kardashians.

Link to story

are these turd nuggets so out of touch that they didn't realize what they did is fucking lame and rude? some of us have jobs or school in the morning, assholes. I mean, really? they couldn't have waited at least until the weekend or had the display hours earlier?

Bunch of self centered dickheads.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 22:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Bill wrote:

Link to story

are these turd nuggets so out of touch that they didn't realize what they did is fucking lame and rude? some of us have jobs or school in the morning, assholes. I mean, really? they couldn't have waited at least until the weekend or had the display hours earlier?

article wrote:
The Coast Guard said the event occurred in open water about a mile from the marina, despite reports from residents that it occurred 100 feet from or within the breakwater.

“This specific event did not warrant a permit” because it occurred in open water, Petty Officer Andrea Anderson said.

Yeah, I don't think anyone was bribed here...

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 05:31 

Middle wrote:
Bill wrote:

Link to story

article wrote:
The Coast Guard said the event occurred in open water about a mile from the marina, despite reports from residents that it occurred 100 feet from or within the breakwater.

“This specific event did not warrant a permit” because it occurred in open water, Petty Officer Andrea Anderson said.

Yeah, I don't think anyone was bribed here...

Fucking Kardashians. :balrog:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 05:34 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Forty-nine cents to mail a postcard? Seriously? That's the same price as a first-class stamp. That's fucking ridiculous. And the USPS wonders why it's becoming irrelevant.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 07:56 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Batman wrote:
Forty-nine cents to mail a postcard? Seriously? That's the same price as a first-class stamp. That's fucking ridiculous. And the USPS wonders why it's becoming irrelevant.

I don't think it actually wonders anymore.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 19:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Pissed off isn't quite right, but really bummed?
Was going to go see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings tonight, playing an outdoor concert here as part of the Soul Festival. Was watching the weather all day, looked like we might get away with it--only no, lightning, thunrder and right now it's _pouring_ like someone upended a bucket over the town. Boo. Really Boo.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 21:14 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Buckykatt wrote:
Pissed off isn't quite right, but really bummed?
Was going to go see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings tonight, playing an outdoor concert here as part of the Soul Festival. Was watching the weather all day, looked like we might get away with it--only no, lightning, thunrder and right now it's _pouring_ like someone upended a bucket over the town. Boo. Really Boo.

:(

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 00:14 

This could also go in random thing I need to ask.

I have an upstairs flat. I have new neighbours downstairs. We share the bins. On alternate weeks the normal trash and receyclables are collected.

My problem is that my new neighbours don't seem to know that recycling exists. So every week the normal bin is overflowing with recyclables, and sometimes the bin men give it a weird look, I can just tell. I have been kbnown to compact everything so the lid will shut in the first place. So when is a good time to be a bit of an ass and yell at my neighbours?

I could also mention to them that 80's style Moroccan dance music at 2am isn't always the best thing for a Tuesday morning

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 13:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

slip a passive aggressive note under their door first? and if nothing, yell at them.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 13:05 

Bill wrote:
slip a passive aggressive note under their door first? and if nothing, yell at them.

Only two of us in the house so it'll be pretty obvious it was me :D
Will try something before the shouting though

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 23:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Not going to link to it because I found it in poor taste and they don't deserve the site traffic.

TMZ just posted a series of pictures of Jim Carrey attending a funeral. I know that tmz, at any point in time, has never showed anything that resembles any kind of ethics...

but a fucking funeral? Really?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 10:36 

Bill wrote:
Not going to link to it because I found it in poor taste and they don't deserve the site traffic.

TMZ just posted a series of pictures of Jim Carrey attending a funeral. I know that tmz, at any point in time, has never showed anything that resembles any kind of ethics...

We have The Daily Mail. They are the equivalent maybe. Absolute lack of tact taste or heart. Disgrace

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 04:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
Bill wrote:

We have The Daily Mail. They are the equivalent maybe. Absolute lack of tact taste or heart. Disgrace

Sad thing is, people are loving it. Such a shame.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 17:32 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Me and all the other nerds are trying to buy opening night star wars tickets. Every ticket site I am trying is slow at best and most are outright not working at all.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 19:15 

A² wrote:
Me and all the other nerds are trying to buy opening night star wars tickets. Every ticket site I am trying is slow at best and most are outright not working at all.

It took 2 hours but I finally managed some for Friday night at a nice place with reserved seating. I'm in my 40s now. I don't have 2 hours to be standing in line like some 20 year old.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 19:31 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

A² wrote:
A² wrote:

It took 2 hours but I finally managed some for Friday night at a nice place with reserved seating. I'm in my 40s now. I don't have 2 hours to be standing in line like some 20 year old.

I didn't even like it in my 20s. As a sophomore in college, I spent all night out for Celtics tickets (obstructed view only available). I did indeed get two to Celts-Lakers that year (Magic hit a three at the buzzer to beat 'em), but vowed I'd never do that again. Never. Never. Never.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 02:03 

Steel Frog wrote:
A² wrote:
A² wrote:

I didn't even like it in my 20s. As a sophomore in college, I spent all night out for Celtics tickets (obstructed view only available). I did indeed get two to Celts-Lakers that year (Magic hit a three at the buzzer to beat 'em), but vowed I'd never do that again. Never. Never. Never.

I actually loved waiting in line. The queue for Bastman back in '89 was awesome, round the block, people laughing, just waiting to see a film that hadn't been spoiled by 1000 internet trailers.
Of course now I won't queue, what am I, a farmer?

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2015, 18:43 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Raining like crazy here, so we decided to take my 10 year-old to the small local theater here that was showing the original Night of the Living Dead.

We get there and they've changed the movie to The Evil Dead (original). Needless to say, not the best movie for someone his age.

So we're watching NotLD at home. But I would've loved to seen it with him in the theater.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2015, 20:15 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

knarf wrote:
Raining like crazy here, so we decided to take my 10 year-old to the small local theater here that was showing the original Night of the Living Dead.

We get there and they've changed the movie to The Evil Dead (original). Needless to say, not the best movie for someone his age.

So we're watching NotLD at home. But I would've loved to seen it with him in the theater.

Boo. That's a bad swap, age-wise.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 15:22 

There are 8 multiplex theaters within 10 miles of me and there is a grand total of 4 showings of Hateful 8 today between all of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354  Next