FilmWise Forums
It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 16:31

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 14:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 07:08 
Offline
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Posts: 17423
Last night, while in the checkout line at Wal-Mart, my wife and I were exchanging pleasantries with the checkout lady about the downsides of getting older, when all of a sudden she started telling us about her live-in boyfriend (after her dirt bag husband left her) and his desire to get Viagra, etc, etc....

We could not get out of there fast enough. Gotta remember to use the self-checkout line next time.

_________________
In every thing give thanks....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 11:00 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29246
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Image

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 13:52 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49099
Location: Rocket City
:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 02:04 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29246
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Japanese scientists develop humanoid to keep astronauts company
Julian Ryall in Tokyo wrote:
Japanese scientists are developing a humanoid robot designed to converse with astronauts to keep them company aboard the International Space Station.

Spoiler
Image

The 13-inch android is scheduled to be completed by next summer and will be sent to the orbiting ISS shortly before astronaut Koichi Wakata arrives, according to officials of the Kibo Robot Project.

Currently being developed by a consortium of companies, including Toyota, Robo Garage Co. and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, the robot will weigh around 2.2lbs and be able to recognise Wakata's facial features.

It will then have the ability to communicate with the astronaut in Japanese and take photographs during their stay on the space station.

After Wakata has completed his six-month stay aboard the ISS, the robot will stay behind to send messages to schools in Japan and around the world.

It will be able to post messages on Twitter and other social media sites, take pictures within the Kibo research module on the ISS, Japan's contribution to the international project, and of the Earth from outer space.

A second android will be developed at the same time to serve as a backup and to demonstrate the device's capabilities to audiences here on Earth.

In a statement, the organisers said the robot will be designed to "help solve social problems through communication".

"The main objective is that humans can talk to it and feel some sort of closeness to it," the developers said. "That is why we decided to give it a humanoid shape."

Through the project's web page – http://kibo-robo.jp/en/ – organisers are calling on members of the public to give the robot a name before it is sent on its mission.

I'd like to recommend they name it Ash. Maybe then someone will put two and two together and realize what a horrible idea this is.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 10:31 
Offline
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Posts: 18902
Location: hiding under my desk...
Batman wrote:
Japanese scientists develop humanoid to keep astronauts company
Julian Ryall in Tokyo wrote:
Japanese scientists are developing a humanoid robot designed to converse with astronauts to keep them company aboard the International Space Station.

Spoiler
Image

The 13-inch android is scheduled to be completed by next summer and will be sent to the orbiting ISS shortly before astronaut Koichi Wakata arrives, according to officials of the Kibo Robot Project.

Currently being developed by a consortium of companies, including Toyota, Robo Garage Co. and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, the robot will weigh around 2.2lbs and be able to recognise Wakata's facial features.

It will then have the ability to communicate with the astronaut in Japanese and take photographs during their stay on the space station.

After Wakata has completed his six-month stay aboard the ISS, the robot will stay behind to send messages to schools in Japan and around the world.

It will be able to post messages on Twitter and other social media sites, take pictures within the Kibo research module on the ISS, Japan's contribution to the international project, and of the Earth from outer space.

A second android will be developed at the same time to serve as a backup and to demonstrate the device's capabilities to audiences here on Earth.

In a statement, the organisers said the robot will be designed to "help solve social problems through communication".

"The main objective is that humans can talk to it and feel some sort of closeness to it," the developers said. "That is why we decided to give it a humanoid shape."

Through the project's web page – http://kibo-robo.jp/en/ – organisers are calling on members of the public to give the robot a name before it is sent on its mission.

I'd like to recommend they name it Ash. Maybe then someone will put two and two together and realize what a horrible idea this is.

I'm going for: HAL, GERTY or Marvin

_________________
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 13:02 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34153
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
F.N.G. wrote:
Batman wrote:
Japanese scientists develop humanoid to keep astronauts company
Julian Ryall in Tokyo wrote:
Japanese scientists are developing a humanoid robot designed to converse with astronauts to keep them company aboard the International Space Station.

Spoiler
Image

The 13-inch android is scheduled to be completed by next summer and will be sent to the orbiting ISS shortly before astronaut Koichi Wakata arrives, according to officials of the Kibo Robot Project.

Currently being developed by a consortium of companies, including Toyota, Robo Garage Co. and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, the robot will weigh around 2.2lbs and be able to recognise Wakata's facial features.

It will then have the ability to communicate with the astronaut in Japanese and take photographs during their stay on the space station.

After Wakata has completed his six-month stay aboard the ISS, the robot will stay behind to send messages to schools in Japan and around the world.

It will be able to post messages on Twitter and other social media sites, take pictures within the Kibo research module on the ISS, Japan's contribution to the international project, and of the Earth from outer space.

A second android will be developed at the same time to serve as a backup and to demonstrate the device's capabilities to audiences here on Earth.

In a statement, the organisers said the robot will be designed to "help solve social problems through communication".

"The main objective is that humans can talk to it and feel some sort of closeness to it," the developers said. "That is why we decided to give it a humanoid shape."

Through the project's web page – http://kibo-robo.jp/en/ – organisers are calling on members of the public to give the robot a name before it is sent on its mission.

I'd like to recommend they name it Ash. Maybe then someone will put two and two together and realize what a horrible idea this is.

I'm going for: HAL, GERTY or Marvin

I hope it is programmed with Bender's personality.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2013, 19:33 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Posts: 10224
Location: Latte Land
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2013, 20:26 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34153
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Midrats wrote:
Image

Please tell me Patch only wore that that one time.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2013, 20:32 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33077
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:
Image

Please tell me Patch only wore that that one time.

So chestnuts get roasted on an open fire, but ...

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2013, 20:34 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Posts: 10224
Location: Latte Land
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:
Image

Please tell me Patch only wore that that one time.

That's not a picture of Patch... the pan is way too small! :mishchief:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2013, 23:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 08:47
Posts: 5110
Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:
Image

Please tell me Patch only wore that that one time.

That's not a picture of Patch... the pan is way too small! :mishchief:

No matter how much Peter loved her, what made the Pan refuse to grow was that the Hook brings you back...

_________________
I didn't invent the rainy day, man, I just own the best umbrella.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 13:32 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5931
Conversation overheard at work:
Person A: "I'm going to be out of the office next week starting Thursday."
Person B: "Oh, ok. Going somewhere?"
Person A: "I'm heading down to Virginia Beach."
Person B: "Ooh, that's sounds fantastic. You're really going to have a fun time. I'm jealous."

***AWKWARD***

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago the brother of Person A was arrested for murder in a 29 year old Virginia Beach cold case. The trial (or some aspect of the process) begins next week, and Person B knew all of this.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 13:36 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33077
TK421 wrote:
Conversation overheard at work:
Person A: "I'm going to be out of the office next week starting Thursday."
Person B: "Oh, ok. Going somewhere?"
Person A: "I'm heading down to Virginia Beach."
Person B: "Ooh, that's sounds fantastic. You're really going to have a fun time. I'm jealous."

***AWKWARD***

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago the brother of Person A was arrested for murder in a 29 year old Virginia Beach cold case. The trial (or some aspect of the process) begins next week, and Person B knew all of this.

:s !?!?!?

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:32 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5931
Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Conversation overheard at work:
Person A: "I'm going to be out of the office next week starting Thursday."
Person B: "Oh, ok. Going somewhere?"
Person A: "I'm heading down to Virginia Beach."
Person B: "Ooh, that's sounds fantastic. You're really going to have a fun time. I'm jealous."

***AWKWARD***

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago the brother of Person A was arrested for murder in a 29 year old Virginia Beach cold case. The trial (or some aspect of the process) begins next week, and Person B knew all of this.

:s !?!?!?

Yeah, apparently the never had this guy as a suspect or person of interest, but some piece of evidence turned up which linked him to the crime.
The fact that anyone here knows is surprising to me.
The crime didn't occur in this state.
The brother wasn't living anywhere in this area when he was arrested.
The coworker got married shortly after starting here 17 years ago. She'd be lucky if anyone here would remember her maiden name, let alone arrive at a connection if we happened to see any news on it (which I have not).
I know if it was me, I'd keep it to myself and my boss (assuming I'd need to take time off).

If my story came off like coworker B was being a douche, I didn't mean that. He just must have not put 2 and 2 together or something.

I hate to be *that* guy, but I looked up the story, took a look at the picture of her brother, and my first thought was "Yup, he did it."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 22:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 00:26 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29246
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Bill wrote:

I wish at the end they would have had him look at the camera and say with exasperation, "We'll be right back after this."

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 01:52 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere
Steve Harvey announcing the wrong contestant as the winner at Miss Universe

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 17:46 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34556
Location: parts unknown
trying to explain to a black friend why he should watch Get Out without coming across as Bradley Cooper in the first half of the film

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group