Insomnia

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Message
Author
User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8481
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Insomnia

#476 Post by Middle » 17 Jun 2013, 04:52

Steel Frog wrote:Sucks
One for the books, again?
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8030
Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Gender: Female
Location: Over your shoulder

Re: Insomnia

#477 Post by spymeg » 26 Jun 2013, 23:34

I'm so tired of not being able to sleep. Is that statement ironic or oxymoronic...or neither?

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39207
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Insomnia

#478 Post by alan smithee » 26 Jun 2013, 23:48

spymeg wrote:I'm so tired of not being able to sleep. Is that statement ironic or oxymoronic...or neither?
It's Alanisironic.

(Dammit, there has to be a better word for things like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife, etc.)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34561
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#479 Post by sldawgs » 27 Jun 2013, 03:28

alan smithee wrote:
spymeg wrote:I'm so tired of not being able to sleep. Is that statement ironic or oxymoronic...or neither?
It's Alanisironic.

(Dammit, there has to be a better word for things like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife, etc.)
Alanismoronic?
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39207
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Insomnia

#480 Post by alan smithee » 27 Jun 2013, 10:10

sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
spymeg wrote:I'm so tired of not being able to sleep. Is that statement ironic or oxymoronic...or neither?
It's Alanisironic.

(Dammit, there has to be a better word for things like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife, etc.)
Alanismoronic?
That is better.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34561
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#481 Post by sldawgs » 27 Jun 2013, 10:52

alan smithee wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
spymeg wrote:I'm so tired of not being able to sleep. Is that statement ironic or oxymoronic...or neither?
It's Alanisironic.

(Dammit, there has to be a better word for things like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife, etc.)
Alanismoronic?
That is better.
ty
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#482 Post by Steel Frog » 18 Jul 2013, 01:24

My timing just couldn't be worse right now.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8481
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Insomnia

#483 Post by Middle » 18 Jul 2013, 05:26

Steel Frog wrote:My timing just couldn't be worse right now.
:glwacoy:
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8030
Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Gender: Female
Location: Over your shoulder

Re: Insomnia

#484 Post by spymeg » 18 Jul 2013, 05:57

Middle wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:My timing just couldn't be worse right now.
:glwacoy:
:green: and have you ever tried Valerian Root? The liquid form of that really puts you to sleep and it's natural, so no addictive properties and no hangovers.

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5897
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

Re: Insomnia

#485 Post by Buckykatt » 18 Jul 2013, 07:37

I'm going to put in another plug for time release melatonin, 20-30 mg an hour before bedtime.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#486 Post by Steel Frog » 11 Oct 2013, 03:17

Worst.night.ever

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8481
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Insomnia

#487 Post by Middle » 11 Oct 2013, 07:12

Steel Frog wrote:Worst.night.ever
TGIF. And :glwacoy:
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#488 Post by Steel Frog » 14 Mar 2014, 09:18

Downside -- bad insomnia this morning.
Upside -- when you jog at 4 am, there's a possibility you could encounter a fox in the big city.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29821
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Insomnia

#489 Post by Batman » 14 Mar 2014, 09:29

Steel Frog wrote:when you jog at 4 am, there's a possibility you could encounter a fox in the big city.
And so starts the treatment for my new porn flick.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#490 Post by Steel Frog » 14 Mar 2014, 14:31

Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:when you jog at 4 am, there's a possibility you could encounter a fox in the big city.
And so starts the treatment for my new porn flick.
Can't wait for the screenplay. Wait. Are those things written?

User avatar
Midrats
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10224
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Gender: Female
Location: Latte Land

Re: Insomnia

#491 Post by Midrats » 16 Mar 2014, 18:58

Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:when you jog at 4 am, there's a possibility you could encounter a fox in the big city.
And so starts the treatment for my new porn flick.
Can't wait for the screenplay. Wait. Are those things written?
You just wrote/read the screenplay. What more do you want? Dialog?
Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#492 Post by Steel Frog » 16 Mar 2014, 19:15

Midrats wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:when you jog at 4 am, there's a possibility you could encounter a fox in the big city.
And so starts the treatment for my new porn flick.
Can't wait for the screenplay. Wait. Are those things written?
You just wrote/read the screenplay. What more do you want? Dialog?
Am I asking too much?

User avatar
Midrats
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10224
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Gender: Female
Location: Latte Land

Re: Insomnia

#493 Post by Midrats » 16 Mar 2014, 22:20

Steel Frog wrote:
Midrats wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:when you jog at 4 am, there's a possibility you could encounter a fox in the big city.
And so starts the treatment for my new porn flick.
Can't wait for the screenplay. Wait. Are those things written?
You just wrote/read the screenplay. What more do you want? Dialog?
Am I asking too much?
Yes!
Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#494 Post by Steel Frog » 10 Apr 2014, 00:44

Not my night.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Insomnia

#495 Post by You Know, for Kids » 10 Apr 2014, 04:49

Steel Frog wrote:Not my night.
=\

I've been going through some weird sleep pattern reverb where one night I'll pass out on the couch at 8:30 then wake up at 1am for about 2-3 hours before falling back asleep... the next night I'll be up until 1am and sleep through 7, then back to the first, with an occasional can't sleep at all until 4am or so then need to be up by 6:30 or 7.

It's like a box of chocolates for sleep disorders for me right now.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#496 Post by Steel Frog » 10 Apr 2014, 06:17

You Know, for Kids wrote:It's like a box of chocolates for sleep disorders for me right now.
That bites.

User avatar
spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8030
Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Gender: Female
Location: Over your shoulder

Re: Insomnia

#497 Post by spymeg » 10 Apr 2014, 06:24

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:Not my night.
=\

I've been going through some weird sleep pattern reverb where one night I'll pass out on the couch at 8:30 then wake up at 1am for about 2-3 hours before falling back asleep... the next night I'll be up until 1am and sleep through 7, then back to the first, with an occasional can't sleep at all until 4am or so then need to be up by 6:30 or 7.

It's like a box of chocolates for sleep disorders for me right now.
I've got the same thing going, sorta. I go to sleep at 11, wake up at 11:45 then stay up until 1, back to sleep until 4 then up until 6. If I am able to sleep through the first part, then I'm just up from 4-6.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34561
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#498 Post by sldawgs » 15 May 2014, 15:57

Image
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Midrats
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10224
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Gender: Female
Location: Latte Land

Re: Insomnia

#499 Post by Midrats » 15 May 2014, 16:33

sldawgs wrote:Image
You mean they cancelled Christmas this year? :(
Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33537
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Insomnia

#500 Post by Steel Frog » 05 Jun 2014, 03:37

Yes, I'm up too early.

No, I'm not terribly happy about it.

Post Reply