FilmWise Forums
It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 14:32

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Insomnia
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 03:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Yes, I'm up too early.

No, I'm not terribly happy about it.

Same here. I slept 1 hour total last night. Watched Friends reruns, a Full House re run then tried to read myself to sleep. None of it worked. SF what is your advice for getting through the day feeling like you're weighted down?

If I'm not making sense, :ibb:

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 08:55 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

spymeg wrote:
SF what is your advice for getting through the day feeling like you're weighted down?

Sorry about your sleep woes.

I don't know if you're asking this question seriously, but in case you are -- yes, I've been here several times. What do I do? All about prioritization -- even in a day following no sleep, I will have a small window of lucidity, as if my lack of sleep never happened. Sort your day into tasks that NEED to get done, and tasks you'd LIKE to get done. During that two-three hour window of clarity, cram in every last NEED task, no matter how out-of-chonological order it is. (And then you have to assume that none of the like tasks with be accompished to any degree of satisfaction, or at all for that matter.)

:glwacoy:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2014, 02:36 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

parent in hospital + they live on east coast + you live on west coast ≠ good night sleep :(

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2014, 06:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
spymeg wrote:
SF what is your advice for getting through the day feeling like you're weighted down?

Sorry about your sleep woes.

I don't know if you're asking this question seriously, but in case you are -- yes, I've been here several times. What do I do? All about prioritization -- even in a day following no sleep, I will have a small window of lucidity, as if my lack of sleep never happened. Sort your day into tasks that NEED to get done, and tasks you'd LIKE to get done. During that two-three hour window of clarity, cram in every last NEED task, no matter how out-of-chonological order it is. (And then you have to assume that none of the like tasks with be accompished to any degree of satisfaction, or at all for that matter.)

:glwacoy:

I was asking seriously, and I understand your answer. That was one wacky day but I did get the things I needed done when I felt the most awake. Then I just felt fuzzy the rest of the time.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2014, 06:41 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Midrats wrote:
parent in hospital + they live on east coast + you live on west coast ≠ good night sleep :(

Not good. I hope your parent is ok!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2014, 03:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Well that didn't go well. If there was a whole hour of sleep in there, I'd be surprised. Just have to hope that what I've read is true--just lying quietly in the dark give you some modicum of "rest."

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 00:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I hate not being able to sleep. :balrog:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 04:36 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

spymeg wrote:
I hate not being able to sleep. :balrog:

Bites

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2014, 22:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

For the fourth night in a row, I've woken up after three hours, then I'll be awake for three or four hours before I can go back to sleep. I wish I knew how to break this cycle.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 06:02 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

BubbyChubs wrote:
For the fourth night in a row, I've woken up after three hours, then I'll be awake for three or four hours before I can go back to sleep. I wish I knew how to break this cycle.

If you figure it out, let me know. I've gotten mine down to being awake for 2 - 3 hours at least. :roll:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 08:41 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

spymeg wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:

If you figure it out, let me know. I've gotten mine down to being awake for 2 - 3 hours at least. :roll:

Slept in this morning, myself. 6:30, woo!

Sorry about the collective troubles. I obviously know nothing here, but am happy to share that when this happens, I usually get up and exercise. Even if I can't get back to sleep after an hour of running, well, hey, at least I exercised. :P

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 10:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
spymeg wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:

Slept in this morning, myself. 6:30, woo!

Sorry about the collective troubles. I obviously know nothing here, but am happy to share that when this happens, I usually get up and exercise. Even if I can't get back to sleep after an hour of running, well, hey, at least I exercised. :P

That's a good idea.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 17:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:

See if you can find timed release melatonin--should help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Take 20 mgs about an hour before you go to bed. This--along with some mental strategies for what I do when I do wake up in the night--has made a big difference. It helped me "re-set" my clock so right now I'm not taking it any longer.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2014, 23:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

...and here's what I get for making so bold and presuming to offer advice on how to combat insomnia.
Sigh.

Let's all sing! "Tonight insomnia is using me as bait...."

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2014, 01:48 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Buckykatt wrote:
...and here's what I get for making so bold and presuming to offer advice on how to combat insomnia.
Sigh.

Let's all sing! "Tonight insomnia is using me as bait...."

I don't recognize the tune, but the lyrics seem familiar...

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 01:26 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

And the hits just keep on comin'

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 01:31 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

I have a relaxation tape I used to use. Really works. Takes about 15 minutes but I could always fall asleep after. All about stretching exercises. One arm, other arm, one leg, other leg, both legs etc

Next picture a waterfall, every aspect, every rock, every leaf at the sides. Look closer. concentrate on one droplet of water. Follow the droplet

etc etc

Of course there is more to it than that, but this kind of thing really helps me :)

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 08:05 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Dawson wrote:
I have a relaxation tape I used to use. Really works. Takes about 15 minutes but I could always fall asleep after. All about stretching exercises. One arm, other arm, one leg, other leg, both legs etc

Next picture a waterfall, every aspect, every rock, every leaf at the sides. Look closer. concentrate on one droplet of water. Follow the droplet

etc etc

Of course there is more to it than that, but this kind of thing really helps me :)

That doesn't sound half bad. What is the name of this tape?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 08:38 

Steel Frog wrote:
Dawson wrote:

etc etc

I will dig it out for you if I can find. Used it a few years ago now I don't even need the tape just know the rules. Sure I can find it tho but most of these new age candle funky stone stores have something similar

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 09:30 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Dawson wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Dawson wrote:

etc etc

I will dig it out for you if I can find. Used it a few years ago now I don't even need the tape just know the rules. Sure I can find it tho but most of these new age candle funky stone stores have something similar

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/02/i- ... -got-weird

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 17:49 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Odd Todd wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Dawson wrote:

etc etc

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/02/i- ... -got-weird

that article is hilarious

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 11:06 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

For all my sleep-deprived FW friends:
Attachment:
Insomnia.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2015, 00:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Omg this is One of the worst times I've had! I went to sleep from 930 to 11 and have been up ever since. It's almost 430 I have to wake up in three hours and I do not feel sleepy at all :cry: :balrog:

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2015, 00:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

At what point do I give up and get up?

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2015, 09:20 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

spymeg wrote:
At what point do I give up and get up?

For me, it's a half hour. Might be a tad on the impatient side, but I find the more you insist you need sleep, the harder it is to get it. So after a half hour, it's time to switch gears -- get cold, get milk, get exercise, get into a story (book, movie, puzzle, whatever), just get your mind elsewhere and give it another go in a bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next