FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 08:31

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 11:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

About a month ago I was talking to my immediate supervisor, with a couple of other people there. Somehow Sly and the Family Stone came up--totally blank looks from 2 coworkers. No clue who he was. :(

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2012, 12:58 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Buckykatt wrote:
About a month ago I was talking to my immediate supervisor, with a couple of other people there. Somehow Sly and the Family Stone came up--totally blank looks from 2 coworkers. No clue who he was. :(

Are you telling me that they didn't watch the 2006 Grammys? :o

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 19:38 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

New coworker, fresh out of college, a peer if you will, has no idea who OJ Simpson is. Never heard of him.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 21:02 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Steel Frog wrote:
New coworker, fresh out of college, a peer if you will, has no idea who OJ Simpson is. Never heard of him.

What do they teach in college these days?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 21:31 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

A² wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

What do they teach in college these days?

--They teach you how to underline in college.
--Not the fuck scenes, they don't.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012, 07:11 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Steel Frog wrote:

Show him the Naked Gun films, convince him that OJ was a great comedic actor, so he'll let his friends know how amazing he was.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012, 07:29 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Yeah, nothing like seeing a newspaper comic strip geared toward kids that has a reference to a 33 year old movie in it...and getting the reference.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 06:27 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Heard on the news that there's a groundbreaking at my alma mater for a new Student Life Center, to replace the old University Center - which was a brand new building when I first visited the campus.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012, 19:18 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

Bill talking about a Raiders "restoration" in the L3MT.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 07:50 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

40th Anniversary of Super Friends.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 09:13 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

knarf wrote:

You know what this calls for:

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 16:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Both for the fact that it's been 30 years, and also, holy cow, some of them have not aged well. I wonder if everyone feels like they shouldn't look THAT much older because they don't feel that much older inside their head?

Big Chill Turns 30

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 18:48 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Buckykatt wrote:
Both for the fact that it's been 30 years, and also, holy cow, some of them have not aged well. I wonder if everyone feels like they shouldn't look THAT much older because they don't feel that much older inside their head?

Big Chill Turns 30

Luckily, I never identified with that movie or crowd.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 21:13 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

32 years since the Challenger explosion

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 06:59 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

knarf wrote:

I was in the library in 9th grade working on a paper when I heard the news. So sad. I was in a government class the day Discovery launched in 88 the first launch after Challenger. We got to go over to the Student Union and watch it live on the TV there. I would have missed it in another class but it was delayed about an hour.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 08:36 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

I was in the library in 9th grade working on a paper when I heard the news. So sad.

I was in my 3rd grade classroom watching this live. It was a big deal because there was a teacher on board. That launch is burned into my memory, but I don't remember much about what happened (in class) after we realized what had happened.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 13:19 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

I was in the library in 9th grade working on a paper when I heard the news. So sad.

I was in my 3rd grade classroom watching this live. It was a big deal because there was a teacher on board. That launch is burned into my memory, but I don't remember much about what happened (in class) after we realized what had happened.

Was watching live on TV speaking on the phone with a girl I was dating at the time, when she asked me "Would you take this ride?" and I said "Hell, Yes!".....then came the explosion. After a few minutes of stunned silence and grief, she asked me the same question. My answer was "Hell, Yes!".....

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 18:00 

NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

Was watching live on TV speaking on the phone with a girl I was dating at the time, when she asked me "Would you take this ride?" and I said "Hell, Yes!".....then came the explosion. After a few minutes of stunned silence and grief, she asked me the same question. My answer was "Hell, Yes!".....

I was the first kid in my elementary school to know about this. No one was watching it in any of our classrooms or anything. I was in trouble (as usual) and was in the principal's office when word broke. That's when they set up the tvs to watch the news.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 21:39 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

I was the first kid in my elementary school to know about this. No one was watching it in any of our classrooms or anything. I was in trouble (as usual) and was in the principal's office when word broke. That's when they set up the tvs to watch the news.

I was hungover watching it from a friend's couch, so several of these comments also make me feel old :D

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 23:23 

knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

I was hungover watching it from a friend's couch, so several of these comments also make me feel old :D

double whammy

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 01:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

double whammy

Probably like most of the others here, I remember wanting to be an astronaut before the Challenger exploded...

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 06:32 

knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

as i was reading the "I was in school" comments, I was thinking the exact same thing :D

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 08:19 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

as i was reading the "I was in school" comments, I was thinking the exact same thing :D

And today is the 15th Anniversary of the Columbia Explosion. Apollo 1 was 51 years ago January 27 so the last week of January has not been good to NASA.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 12:59 

sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

And today is the 15th Anniversary of the Columbia Explosion. Apollo 1 was 51 years ago January 27 so the last week of January has not been good to NASA.

Thank God tomorrow is Groundhog Day

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 15:17 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
knarf wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next