FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 03:04

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:10 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
I got saddled with a new partner at work a few months ago. She drives me crazy with how much she talks. Exacerbating how annoying she is, I feel like a lot of her talking is outright lies. I think she is trying to make me like her but every time she tells one of these stories (which ends up being 2 or 3 a night) it makes me despise her that much more. I have started documenting her stories. I think it makes me feel better because it gives me the illusion of some control over the situation. I will use this thread to document her stories. Feel free to share your own if you feel someone has lied to you.

All of these are unsubstantiated but feel very fishy to me, especially when looked at as a whole.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:15 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
She once fought off a home invader with a can of Raid. When the police arrived he was still staggering around the parking lot of her apartment.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:16 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
She is making a turducken for Thanksgiving.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:18 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
She is recording the Patriots/Bills Monday Night Football game to watch later. This, after she had to ask me who was playing in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter of a game we'd had on for its entirety.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:19 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
She once went to Wal-Mart on black Friday and saw an old lady beat up another old lady over a Furby.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:20 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
In college she was a designated driver for her friends. She charged them for gas money and one weekend she made over $200. She then gave the money back to them because she felt bad.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:21 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
Her husband spilled an entire bottle of bleach onto her bag of clothes she had packed for a trip and left by the door in her entry hall. Everything was soaked. He laid the clothes out on her comforter and ruined it, as well. He has no explanation about how this happened. All of her pants are ruined. This is why she is wearing jeans tonight at work. Why would she pack pants she needed to wear later that day to work?

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:43 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32825
Can you snopes her?

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 20:47 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
Steel Frog wrote:
Can you snopes her?

I beg your pardon. I am a married man.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 05:17 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28951
Location: Gotham's seedier side
If she claims to have invented the question mark, she's a liar. I did that.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 05:36 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32825
Batman wrote:
If she claims to have invented the question mark, she's a liar. I did that.

:)

Chestnuts are lazy.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 08:57 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5829
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
Oh hey, A2, I didn't know you came here! Me too! Hey, did I tell you about how Mr. B spilled bleach on my pants?



:lol: at this whole thread. I love you guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 09:23 
Offline
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Posts: 16819
Tell her you're married to Morgan Fairchild. Yeah....that's the ticket.

_________________
Finally! Spring :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 09:41 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32825
NoShoes wrote:
Tell her you're married to Morgan Fairchild. Yeah....that's the ticket.

:)

There's so little call for quoting Jon Lovitz these days.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 11:55 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33747
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Acting!

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 12:00 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere
Steel Frog wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Tell her you're married to Morgan Fairchild. Yeah....that's the ticket.

:)

There's so little call for quoting Jon Lovitz these days.

yeah it stinks!

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 12:02 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere
A² wrote:
She once went to Wal-Mart on black Friday and saw an old lady beat up another old lady over a Furby.

You would be surprised.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 12:53 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13851
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
A² wrote:
In college she was a designated driver for her friends. She charged them for gas money and one weekend she made over $200...

Pretty sure that's a Jeff Foxworthy bit. The feeling bad part is personal flavor, probably to keep you from viewing her as a bad person... but she's habitually making shit up to make her seem interesting as a person, so...

...oh, and I didn't know my brother's ex-wife moved out of state. Good riddance. :tongue:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 04:15 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
In college she was a designated driver for her friends. She charged them for gas money and one weekend she made over $200...

Pretty sure that's a Jeff Foxworthy bit. The feeling bad part is personal flavor, probably to keep you from viewing her as a bad person... but she's habitually making shit up to make her seem interesting as a person, so...

...oh, and I didn't know my brother's ex-wife moved out of state. Good riddance. :tongue:


When I was at uni I smashed my head open on a drunken night and the designated driver charged me for a ride to the hospital. Worst was we had to stop at a petrol station as I paid for the petrol with blood pouring from a gash on my head. Good times

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 08:00 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32825
This one time, at band camp ...

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 09:30 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 09 Aug 2013, 05:56
Posts: 1618
I would love it if all of the above statements were true except for the turducken story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 05:47 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
A² wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Can you snopes her?

I beg your pardon. I am a married man.

I worked with an idiot years ago who told me this story as happening to his aunt and cousin.

http://www.snopes.com/embarrass/mistaken/troll.asp

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 08:30 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5928
Mrs. 421 is a teacher. One time at the beginning of year staff meeting the superintendent gave an "inspirational" speech which she presented as having actually happened to her own sister. In reality she was reciting some chain email about all of the things which teachers do. Several people had even apparently pulled out their phones and were reading along with the story as she told it. When someone questioned her on the veracity of the story afterwards, she doubled-down on its truth stating that she got the story directly from her sister.
The general consensus was that she very well may have gotten the email from her sister but believed it was her sister's story. (IE, she doesn't understand what a chain email is.)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 09:57 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
TK421 wrote:
Mrs. 421 is a teacher. One time at the beginning of year staff meeting the superintendent gave an "inspirational" speech which she presented as having actually happened to her own sister. In reality she was reciting some chain email about all of the things which teachers do. Several people had even apparently pulled out their phones and were reading along with the story as she told it. When someone questioned her on the veracity of the story afterwards, she doubled-down on its truth stating that she got the story directly from her sister.
The general consensus was that she very well may have gotten the email from her sister but believed it was her sister's story. (IE, she doesn't understand what a chain email is.)


When she was told if she didn't tell 10 people that she'd have bad luck for 7 years she should have realised something was up :D

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 08:39 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13695
Location: Colorado
Dawson wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Mrs. 421 is a teacher. One time at the beginning of year staff meeting the superintendent gave an "inspirational" speech which she presented as having actually happened to her own sister. In reality she was reciting some chain email about all of the things which teachers do. Several people had even apparently pulled out their phones and were reading along with the story as she told it. When someone questioned her on the veracity of the story afterwards, she doubled-down on its truth stating that she got the story directly from her sister.
The general consensus was that she very well may have gotten the email from her sister but believed it was her sister's story. (IE, she doesn't understand what a chain email is.)


When she was told if she didn't tell 10 people that she'd have bad luck for 7 years she should have realised something was up :D

Her bad luck had already started apprently.

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group