FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 12:38

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2016, 23:06 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33735
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
A² wrote:
7/12/16
I brought in pizza for dinner. She says “that smells good.” I told her Dominos is half price this week. She says the Sonic on south side (where she lives) has half price corn dogs after 5 so that’s what she brought. I told her that I think sonic does half price burgers after 5 on Tuesdays, too. She tells me that she knows that, but the hamburger line was too long so she got corn dogs instead. (what? Hamburger line? Sonic is a drive in. Even if you use the drive through and not a car stall, how is a hamburger line even longer?) I stay silent. She takes this as a sign to embellish. She adds that her husband was already there and had been waiting for hamburgers for quite a while. I still have no words for her.

I love Sonic hamburgers but the damn line is always so long I end up getting a hot dog instead...(*snicker*)

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 13:06 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48137
Location: Rocket City
sldawgs wrote:
A² wrote:
7/12/16
I brought in pizza for dinner. She says “that smells good.” I told her Dominos is half price this week. She says the Sonic on south side (where she lives) has half price corn dogs after 5 so that’s what she brought. I told her that I think sonic does half price burgers after 5 on Tuesdays, too. She tells me that she knows that, but the hamburger line was too long so she got corn dogs instead. (what? Hamburger line? Sonic is a drive in. Even if you use the drive through and not a car stall, how is a hamburger line even longer?) I stay silent. She takes this as a sign to embellish. She adds that her husband was already there and had been waiting for hamburgers for quite a while. I still have no words for her.

I love Sonic hamburgers but the damn line is always so long I end up getting a hot dog instead...(*snicker*)

I have to give this one a plausible. While not a physical line, I have gone there for one of the specials and been told it would take 20-30 minutes and then asked if I would I like to order something else.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 03:11 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
knarf wrote:
I have to give this one a plausible. While not a physical line, I have gone there for one of the specials and been told it would take 20-30 minutes and then asked if I would I like to order something else.

Shoot, half of these could be true. Maybe she's Forest Gump and all of it is real. Tonight she told me that she's had 2 friends die at a particular hospital here in town (one from low blood sugar.) That is entirely plausible, but with her track record I hear that and I assume she's lying again.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 03:16 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
7/11/16
I have a co-worker that also occasionally works with the liar. I have asked her to send me any suspicious stories. This is her first entry:

She claims she has dual citizenship with Canada but can't declare it because it would delay her medical care here (in the US) because they (the government) want her to try Canada first.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 08:03 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33735
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
A² wrote:
7/11/16
I have a co-worker that also occasionally works with the liar. I have asked her to send me any suspicious stories. This is her first entry:

She claims she has dual citizenship with Canada but can't declare it because it would delay her medical care here (in the US) because they (the government) want her to try Canada first.

That's easy enough to test, to be Canadian, she has to look like this.

Image

And they speak with an exaggerated accent and usually end all of their sentences with 'Eh', 'Buddy', 'Pal', 'Guy' or 'Friend'. They also pronounce 'about' as 'aboot'.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 08:59 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13838
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
knarf wrote:
I have to give this one a plausible.

:lol: Mythbusters: Filmwise Edition


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 09:02 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13838
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
sldawgs wrote:
WD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 17:12 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
She is going to opening night of the new Star Trek movie in full Klingon costume.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 18:59 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5829
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
oh God, PLEASE tell me she claimed to have written Melania's convention speech.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 22:54 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
Buckykatt wrote:
oh God, PLEASE tell me she claimed to have written Melania's convention speech.

:)

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 02:57 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33735
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
WD

TY

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 03:44 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
sldawgs wrote:
That's easy enough to test, to be Canadian, she has to look like this.

Image

And they speak with an exaggerated accent and usually end all of their sentences with 'Eh', 'Buddy', 'Pal', 'Guy' or 'Friend'. They also pronounce 'about' as 'aboot'.

She must be lying. She doesn't talk like that and is more of a Cartman shape (of course, so am I.)

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 07:22 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32820
A² wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
oh God, PLEASE tell me she claimed to have written Melania's convention speech.

:)

HA!

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 14:32 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38296
Location: San Francisco
was she by any chance in Rio with Ryan Lochte?

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 15:38 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13838
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
This is one of my new favorite threads on the forums. I'm also inclined to create a spin-off thread "My Idiot Coworker", and copy/paste notes from actual trouble tickets and/or emails that she has authored. Reading some of her communiques really boggle the mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 17:54 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
alan smithee wrote:
was she by any chance in Rio with Ryan Lochte?

She was. Brian Williams is breaking the story later tonight

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 17:55 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
Scruluce wrote:
This is one of my new favorite threads on the forums. I'm also inclined to create a spin-off thread "My Idiot Coworker", and copy/paste notes from actual trouble tickets and/or emails that she has authored. Reading some of her communiques really boggle the mind.

Do it. We need more fresh, entertaining threads

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 19:04 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13838
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
This is one of my new favorite threads on the forums. I'm also inclined to create a spin-off thread "My Idiot Coworker", and copy/paste notes from actual trouble tickets and/or emails that she has authored. Reading some of her communiques really boggle the mind.

Do it. We need more fresh, entertaining threads

:mishchief: well... I happen to be on my work laptop right now... :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 19:56 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33735
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
This is one of my new favorite threads on the forums. I'm also inclined to create a spin-off thread "My Idiot Coworker", and copy/paste notes from actual trouble tickets and/or emails that she has authored. Reading some of her communiques really boggle the mind.

Do it. We need more fresh, entertaining threads

:mishchief: well... I happen to be on my work laptop right now... :twisted:

Multiply entertainment threads are always a good thing.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 20:05 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
This is one of my new favorite threads on the forums. I'm also inclined to create a spin-off thread "My Idiot Coworker", and copy/paste notes from actual trouble tickets and/or emails that she has authored. Reading some of her communiques really boggle the mind.

Do it. We need more fresh, entertaining threads

:mishchief: well... I happen to be on my work laptop right now... :twisted:

Multiply entertainment threads are always a good thing.

:) :green:

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 00:19 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38296
Location: San Francisco
A² wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
was she by any chance in Rio with Ryan Lochte?

She was. Brian Williams is breaking the story later tonight

:D

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 02:47 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28938
Location: Gotham's seedier side
A² wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
was she by any chance in Rio with Ryan Lochte?

She was. Brian Williams is breaking the story later tonight

wd x 2

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 21:05 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32820
Batman wrote:
A² wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
was she by any chance in Rio with Ryan Lochte?

She was. Brian Williams is breaking the story later tonight

wd x 2

" "

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 11:52 
Offline
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Posts: 16802
just got caught up on the last two pages....I have sooooooo missed this thread :lol:

_________________
Finally! Spring :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My lying coworker
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 16:24 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33872
Location: parts unknown
A² wrote:
Last night, she showed up with a swollen upper lip and missing one of her front teeth. Overcome with curiosity, I had to ask. She claims she tripped over her cat, fell, and hit the kitchen counter face first- knocking her tooth out in the process. You know what? This time I believe her.

This tooth is yet to be fixed. I have almost worked up the courage to ask her about it. The quoted post is from June 20th, btw. This is the kind of thing a dentist will always work you in same day to repair and she's been walking around like this for over 3 months.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group