Dreams

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Dreams

#1 Post by » 29 Jul 2003, 05:54

Come to this thread in the mornings and post the f'ed up stuff you dreamed about the night before.

Last night I deamt I was some kind of cross between the Lone Ranger and Indiana Jones. I had to battle some kind of bad guys, but first I had to get the cobra off of my whip. I grabbed a hose and my Tonto-like sidekick turned it on and I sprayed the snake to move it. I thought it was working until it bit me. The last thing that happened before I woke up was I killed the snake with a flashlight (and presumably died from the snakebite.)
The :) means it's all ok.

boredchick48@hotmail.com
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2 Post by boredchick48@hotmail.com » 29 Jul 2003, 06:51

Well this is kinda an on-going thing here. For the past couple years most of my dreams have ended up with my mother turning into Micheal Jackson who than turns into a spider who then eats me. I normally wake right after that. Is this weird at all?
It's still too early to tell, but I may not be stupid.

Kfink
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#3 Post by Kfink » 29 Jul 2003, 06:58

One time, I dreamed I overthrew the fascist government my little brother was running out of a highschool auditorium by escaping in a flying chair to get help. But I think it was because they had just changed my meds. :o

Two nights ago, I dreamt that I accidentally got stuck doing musical theater with Ozzy. I was the romantic lead.

So, hells yes, whatever that means. :wtf:

cheffychic
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4 Post by cheffychic » 29 Jul 2003, 07:20

This is one of my recurring dreams I've had since I was about eight--I go to this summer camp and we are in a gym. One activity for the day is to get in a line to go on one of those swings that has a bungee cord. So, I get in line and the swing I happen to go on has a broken harness, but I go on it anyway. As they slingshot me up to the ceiling of the gym, I fly out of my seat and all of a sudden, a flying cow crosses my path. I'm falling and this cow says to me, "MOOOOOO-VE OVER" and sprays milk in my face. The End. (You have no idea how many times I've had this dream....more dreams to come, whether I'm asleep or awake, there's always something weird that pops into my mind :roll: )
As for last night, I dreamt that I met up with Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend to go to this convention and I had to be an annoucer where I had to explain the meanings behind every Who song. Weird...
My pal's name is Foot Foot
He always likes to roam
My pal's name is Foot Foot
I never find him home

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#5 Post by Nunis » 29 Jul 2003, 07:29

MOOOOO-VE OVER!! :lol:

I am still laughing!!

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Re: Dreams

#6 Post by Philip » 29 Jul 2003, 12:00

A2 wrote:...I grabbed a hose...

This happen in a lot of your dreams, A2?

Re: Dreams

#7 Post by » 29 Jul 2003, 12:29

Buffoon1918 wrote:
A2 wrote:...I grabbed a hose...

This happen in a lot of your dreams, A2?

Depends on how productive my dating life has been lately

Ze
Meh
Meh

#8 Post by Ze » 31 Jul 2003, 09:16

I don't dream much and I hate it when I do. I don't like to dream. There's one weird thing though...people always told me you always wake up before hiiting the ground when you fall from a very high place. Well, not only once, I fell (didn't fell a thing), got up, climbed the place and jumped again :lol:

#9 Post by » 31 Jul 2003, 09:22

ze424 wrote:people always told me you always wake up before hiiting the ground when you fall from a very high place. Well, not only once, I fell (didn't fell a thing), got up, climbed the place and jumped again :lol:

way to show that dream who's boss

Greg the Guileful
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#10 Post by Greg the Guileful » 31 Jul 2003, 10:16

a lot of my old dreams take place in my old elementary school...

it could be a high school or college setting, but the building is always my old elementary school...

oh, and i lucid dream from time to time...so, when i do, i'll throw myself down flights of stairs, jump off buildings or out of windows, just so i can get to wherever i need to go faster...

F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#11 Post by F.N.G. » 31 Jul 2003, 10:44

A2 wrote:
ze424 wrote:people always told me you always wake up before hiiting the ground when you fall from a very high place. Well, not only once, I fell (didn't fell a thing), got up, climbed the place and jumped again :lol:

way to show that dream who's boss

Just read the (unproduced) script for Sandman and there's a scene similar to that, only the guy flies. Pretty good... might be worth making.
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#12 Post by Nunis » 31 Jul 2003, 11:20

Last night I had a dream that I was in Hogsmeade (although, for some weird reason it looked exactly like my house on campus), and some sniper was trying to kill me. But I got away on my broomstick.

Think all this Pottering is getting to me? :lol:

Phil_Hart
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#13 Post by Phil_Hart » 31 Jul 2003, 15:04

I had a dream the other week that Marilyn Manson was chasing me through K-Mart. And it was really odd cause he acted quite insane, like Beetlejuice or something....?
Me too...

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#14 Post by Odd Todd » 31 Jul 2003, 15:09

Phil_Hart wrote:I had a dream the other week that Marilyn Manson was chasing me through K-Mart. And it was really odd cause he acted quite insane, like Beetlejuice or something....?

Was there a Blue Light Special on heroin? :roll:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Philip

#15 Post by Philip » 31 Jul 2003, 15:31

I often have this dream where I jump from a height - not Empire State Building height, more like second floor of a house height - and when I land, my whole body really flinches. One time it happened, I was being chased through a multi-level parking lot by Colonel Oliver North, Bet Lynch from Coronation Street, my mom's friend Jane, Anthony Perkins, Snoopy and Mr Hodgson (my old geography teacher) - they had me cornered, so the only escape was to jump from the third level. I woke up in pain when I landed - when I flinched, I tweaked a muscle in my knee.

Philip

#16 Post by Philip » 31 Jul 2003, 15:34

Incidentally, does anyone have any dream trigger foods? I've heard that you shouldn't eat cheese before bed because it's supposed to make you have weird dreams. Naturally, I tried it but it didn't do anything :( I've found that if I eat fish late in the day, that's more likely to work.

I've also heard stuff about the nicotine patch. If you wear one while you sleep, you have the most amazing dreams... anyone tried that?

spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#17 Post by spivey » 31 Jul 2003, 15:39

Buffoon1918 wrote:Incidentally, does anyone have any dream trigger foods? I've heard that you shouldn't eat cheese before bed because it's supposed to make you have weird dreams. Naturally, I tried it but it didn't do anything :( I've found that if I eat fish late in the day, that's more likely to work.

I've also heard stuff about the nicotine patch. If you wear one while you sleep, you have the most amazing dreams... anyone tried that?

Never tried the patch...but I've heard you're not supposed to have steak for dinner too close to bedtime or it gives you nightmares. :demon:
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

lttletimmy
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#18 Post by lttletimmy » 31 Jul 2003, 19:07

lately i've been having dreams where I really had to pee and people (or in one case an earthquake) kept interrupting me before i had the chance! :rant: :balrog:

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#19 Post by Odd Todd » 31 Jul 2003, 20:26

lttletimmy wrote:lately i've been having dreams where I really had to pee and people (or in one case an earthquake) kept interrupting me before i had the chance! :rant: :balrog:
That's a good thing... or else youd be washing sheets at 3 in the morning. :o

Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

#20 Post by Sheila1313 » 31 Jul 2003, 20:27

Todd keeps teasing us with his posts...I want to know what HE dreams about! :o :o
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

boredchick48@hotmail.com
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#21 Post by boredchick48@hotmail.com » 31 Jul 2003, 21:06

spivey wrote:
Buffoon1918 wrote:Incidentally, does anyone have any dream trigger foods? I've heard that you shouldn't eat cheese before bed because it's supposed to make you have weird dreams. Naturally, I tried it but it didn't do anything :( I've found that if I eat fish late in the day, that's more likely to work.

Never tried the patch...but I've heard you're not supposed to have steak for dinner too close to bedtime or it gives you nightmares. :demon:

Hmmmmm, I know what i'm having for before I go to bed tonight.
It's still too early to tell, but I may not be stupid.

Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

#22 Post by Sheila1313 » 31 Jul 2003, 21:09

boredchick48@hotmail.com wrote:
spivey wrote:

Hmmmmm, I know what i'm having for before I go to bed tonight.

With the Mom-Michael-Jackson dreams, I don't think you need any cheese! :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#23 Post by Odd Todd » 31 Jul 2003, 21:17

SheilaP1313 wrote:Todd keeps teasing us with his posts...I want to know what HE dreams about! :o :o

Wait... this ISN'T a dream!? :o

Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

#24 Post by Sheila1313 » 31 Jul 2003, 21:18

Odd Todd wrote:
SheilaP1313 wrote:Todd keeps teasing us with his posts...I want to know what HE dreams about! :o :o

Wait... this ISN'T a dream!? :o

If THIS is a dream, your Waking Life must be pretty dull... :lol:
ImageImageImage

Coco
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#25 Post by Coco » 31 Aug 2004, 05:09

I haven't had a memorable dream for a very long time so last nights one really cuaght me by surprise. I think it's because I've had a little cold for a couple of days, I usually dream vividly when I've got a cold.

Basically I was cheating on my girlfriend with a member of Filmwise. I remember getting super-ultra-freaky-naughty with the filmwiser in my room from my first year at university, it was all very sweaty and intense and I woke up feeling a little flustered and incredibly guilty that I'd cheated on Nick and it took me a while until I realised it was just a dream. To be honest I'm still feeling a little guilty and I thought by airing this I would be absovled of my dream-sins.
What, does he think you're a c**t?