FilmWise Forums
It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 13:53

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 17:33 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
For the last two days my stupid computer has taken to doing this stupid new thing and I so don't know why, but I want it to stop.

When i first get on, it's fine, but the longer I'm on here (or anywhere) it gets worse. It stops downloading pictures/images/whatever at a random number and just won't go any futher. It will show less each time..like, I get two of the smilies, or one person's avatar and nobobdy else's and it's pissing me off. it's not just on FW either, it's any page.


Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? I know I'm extremely articulate when it comes to describing the problem.

Oh yeah, and if you know how to fix it, don't explain in pictures... :roll: (this is one of the smilies I'm currently getting)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 17:44 
Offline
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Posts: 21745
Location: Texas
I've been having the same problem...:( I think Todd mentioned something about "emoticon issues," but he has so many other issues, I get confused. :roll:

_________________
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 17:47 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
SheilaP1313 wrote:
I've been having the same problem...:( I think Todd mentioned something about "emoticon issues," but he has so many other issues, I get confused. :roll:


but does it happen to you on all pages or just here?

I'm thinking about using my patented "hitting the computer with a hammer" technique if it doesn't stop soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 17:52 
Offline
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Posts: 21745
Location: Texas
Kfink wrote:
SheilaP1313 wrote:
I've been having the same problem...:( I think Todd mentioned something about "emoticon issues," but he has so many other issues, I get confused. :roll:


but does it happen to you on all pages or just here?

I'm thinking about using my patented "hitting the computer with a hammer" technique if it doesn't stop soon.


Just here...:cry: It's been this way since Friday and it's very annoying. Think one of us should email The Boyz? :-?

_________________
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 01:21 
Offline
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Posts: 18902
Location: hiding under my desk...
I know this doesn't help at all, but I've had no problems...

_________________
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 05:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 7567
Location: Cowtown
F.N.G. wrote:
I know this doesn't help at all, but I've had no problems...


Me either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 06:20 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Joined: 16 Jun 2003, 05:21
Posts: 3040
i was fine until i came to fw this morning...

and now my graphics won't load on any site...

what kind of shit is this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 09:23 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49221
Location: Rocket City
There's a worm going around here that's been causing this type of thing. See if you have a process running called lsas.exe, and that's it - not LSASS.exe, that's a good executable. You're vulnerable to it if you haven't installed Windows updates in awhile.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 09:29 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Joined: 16 Jun 2003, 05:21
Posts: 3040
i have lsass, but no lsas...

if i reboot and stay away from here i'm fine...

perhaps, i'm being sent a message...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 10:12 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
See? I knew I would be pissed when I found this... :lol:

This is the exact issue I am having also... but only on my work computer... which (of course) is older and updated by our network servies group and not often by me...

Been like this since friday for me as well... I will look for that patch.

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 12:27 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
Woo HOO! I fixed it!

If your using Micorsoft Internet Explorer... go to the TOOLS tab at the top... click on WINDOWS UPDATE... click on SCAN FOR UPDATES... and load all that are there...

I am not sure which one fixed it... (I was downloading and restarting for an hour) But when it was done everything is normal.

I do this every week at home... never tried it at work... I just assumed our network did it for me... I guess not... there were about 15 things I needeed to update to the current load of windows and explorer.

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 13:51 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34677
Location: parts unknown
Thanks, Todd. It worked for me.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 13:56 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Joined: 16 Jun 2003, 05:21
Posts: 3040
i just spent the last hour downloading updates and the latest version of internet explorer and i still have the same problem...

every other site works...

i blame filmwise...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 14:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2002, 07:06
Posts: 4481
Location: New York, New York
hmm i dont think it is filmwise because it is working fine for me

but then again i dont use IE i use firebird

_________________
I am in a world of shit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 14:06 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
Greg the Guileful wrote:
i just spent the last hour downloading updates and the latest version of internet explorer and i still have the same problem...

every other site works...

i blame filmwise...

Silly question... but after the downloads did you reboot? And did you check for even newer updates after that reboot if you did reboot?

I had to do it in 3 shifts to get them all.

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 14:08 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
Odd Todd wrote:
Greg the Guileful wrote:
i just spent the last hour downloading updates and the latest version of internet explorer and i still have the same problem...

every other site works...

i blame filmwise...

Silly question... but after the downloads did you reboot? And did you check for even newer updates after that reboot if you did reboot?

I had to do it in 3 shifts to get them all.

keep installing and rebooting until it says there are no more to install (each time going to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ of course)

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 14:09 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Joined: 16 Jun 2003, 05:21
Posts: 3040
Odd Todd wrote:
Greg the Guileful wrote:
i just spent the last hour downloading updates and the latest version of internet explorer and i still have the same problem...

every other site works...

i blame filmwise...

Silly question... but after the downloads did you reboot? And did you check for even newer updates after that reboot if you did reboot?

I had to do it in 3 shifts to get them all.


yes and yes...

i think i have isolated the problem now to Gren's WTF thread...i go in there and nothing loads...

so i guess wasting all that time wasn't a complete loss...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 14:14 
Offline
One of the Boyz
One of the Boyz
User avatar

Joined: 09 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 291
Location: FilmWise
This is pretty interesting. Sounds like you've solved your problems with an IE upgrade, which doesn't necessarily make sense, since we have changed nothing on FilmWise and specifically nothing in the forums.

When I run into strange behavior, I always run "spybot" or "ad-aware" which looks for and destroys all of the spyware that gets on your system through normal searching. It often cleans up all my "strange" web behavior. Well, the ones related to the PC anyways ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 16:18 
Offline
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Posts: 21745
Location: Texas
knarf wrote:
There's a worm going around here that's been causing this type of thing. See if you have a process running called lsas.exe, and that's it - not LSASS.exe, that's a good executable. You're vulnerable to it if you haven't installed Windows updates in awhile.


I just checked and I have lsass, not lsas...any other suggestions? :lol:

_________________
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 16:22 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 7567
Location: Cowtown
SheilaP1313 wrote:
knarf wrote:
There's a worm going around here that's been causing this type of thing. See if you have a process running called lsas.exe, and that's it - not LSASS.exe, that's a good executable. You're vulnerable to it if you haven't installed Windows updates in awhile.


I just checked and I have lsass, not lsas...any other suggestions? :lol:


Keep reading the thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 16:22 
Offline
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Posts: 21745
Location: Texas
Odd Todd wrote:
Woo HOO! I fixed it!

If your using Micorsoft Internet Explorer... go to the TOOLS tab at the top... click on WINDOWS UPDATE... click on SCAN FOR UPDATES... and load all that are there...

I am not sure which one fixed it... (I was downloading and restarting for an hour) But when it was done everything is normal.

I do this every week at home... never tried it at work... I just assumed our network did it for me... I guess not... there were about 15 things I needeed to update to the current load of windows and explorer.


I have 2 updates to download. Doesn't Windows notify you automatically when updates are ready to install? Mine usually does...:-?

BTW, if this works, I'll kiss your ass...:roll:

_________________
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 16:25 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
SheilaP1313 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Woo HOO! I fixed it!

If your using Micorsoft Internet Explorer... go to the TOOLS tab at the top... click on WINDOWS UPDATE... click on SCAN FOR UPDATES... and load all that are there...

I am not sure which one fixed it... (I was downloading and restarting for an hour) But when it was done everything is normal.

I do this every week at home... never tried it at work... I just assumed our network did it for me... I guess not... there were about 15 things I needeed to update to the current load of windows and explorer.


I have 2 updates to download. Doesn't Windows notify you automatically when updates are ready to install? Mine usually does...:-?

BTW, if this works, I'll kiss your ass...:roll:
You must have mistyped... surly you meant kick? :o

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 16:27 
Offline
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Posts: 21745
Location: Texas
Odd Todd wrote:
SheilaP1313 wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Woo HOO! I fixed it!

If your using Micorsoft Internet Explorer... go to the TOOLS tab at the top... click on WINDOWS UPDATE... click on SCAN FOR UPDATES... and load all that are there...

I am not sure which one fixed it... (I was downloading and restarting for an hour) But when it was done everything is normal.

I do this every week at home... never tried it at work... I just assumed our network did it for me... I guess not... there were about 15 things I needeed to update to the current load of windows and explorer.


I have 2 updates to download. Doesn't Windows notify you automatically when updates are ready to install? Mine usually does...:-?

BTW, if this works, I'll kiss your ass...:roll:
You must have mistyped... surly you meant kick? :o


I surly did, Todd...:roll:

_________________
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 16:48 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
ok, I'll give it a try, but if I blow my computer up by accident (I'm really dumb with stuff like this) I'll kick Todd's ass.

And Greg, your dumbass avatar throws my computer into epileptic fits of slowness, so you deserve it anyway... :tongue:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 17:26 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
Yay Todd. you're my heeeero. Not only will I not kick your ass, maybe I'll use that pink thing I posted in A2's thread on you. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group