FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 04:58

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
Author Message
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 15:08 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
Hey look who's back (because he needs help...)

This should be an easy one for you geniuses...

Microsoft Excel..
I'm using a vlookup to return a value in and then multiplying that value by another cell to get a total.

A1 is quantity, A2 is a drop down selection, A3 is the cost of that selection via a vlookup formula, A4 is simply =sum(A1*A3) ..I've also tried just =A1*A3

A4 is returning an #VALUE! when A1, A2 and/or A3 is blank.

It's just for aesthetics, when the fields have a value it is working just fine, but for looks I would like A4 to simply be blank of no other values have been entered.
How?

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 15:14 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49260
Location: Rocket City
Something like =IF(A1>0,A1*A3,"") should work

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 15:18 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
AWESOME!! I knew you would come through!

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 17:56 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
Will wrote:
Hey look who's back (because he needs help...)

This should be an easy one for you geniuses...

Microsoft Excel..
I'm using a vlookup to return a value in and then multiplying that value by another cell to get a total.

A1 is quantity, A2 is a drop down selection, A3 is the cost of that selection via a vlookup formula, A4 is simply =sum(A1*A3) ..I've also tried just =A1*A3

A4 is returning an #VALUE! when A1, A2 and/or A3 is blank.

It's just for aesthetics, when the fields have a value it is working just fine, but for looks I would like A4 to simply be blank of no other values have been entered.
How?

I'm a what?

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 18:31 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33125
A² wrote:
Will wrote:
Hey look who's back (because he needs help...)

This should be an easy one for you geniuses...

Microsoft Excel..
I'm using a vlookup to return a value in and then multiplying that value by another cell to get a total.

A1 is quantity, A2 is a drop down selection, A3 is the cost of that selection via a vlookup formula, A4 is simply =sum(A1*A3) ..I've also tried just =A1*A3

A4 is returning an #VALUE! when A1, A2 and/or A3 is blank.

It's just for aesthetics, when the fields have a value it is working just fine, but for looks I would like A4 to simply be blank of no other values have been entered.
How?

I'm a what?

Image

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 11:09 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 12:42
Posts: 726
A² wrote:
Will wrote:
Hey look who's back (because he needs help...)

This should be an easy one for you geniuses...

Microsoft Excel..
I'm using a vlookup to return a value in and then multiplying that value by another cell to get a total.

A1 is quantity, A2 is a drop down selection, A3 is the cost of that selection via a vlookup formula, A4 is simply =sum(A1*A3) ..I've also tried just =A1*A3

A4 is returning an #VALUE! when A1, A2 and/or A3 is blank.

It's just for aesthetics, when the fields have a value it is working just fine, but for looks I would like A4 to simply be blank of no other values have been entered.
How?

I'm a what?


A drop down selection. Seems pretty clear to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 17:06 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
Image

how do I make this avatar sized?

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 17:19 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14663
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
A² wrote:
Image

how do I make this avatar sized?

there's a hard way and an easy way ...

hard way: download (free) photo editing app (i use GIMP). Learn how to use said app to resize the gif (I can point you in the right direction if you'd like).

easy way: check back in 30 minutes, and I'll post it for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 17:24 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Image

how do I make this avatar sized?

there's a hard way and an easy way ...

hard way: download (free) photo editing app (i use GIMP). Learn how to use said app to resize the gif (I can point you in the right direction if you'd like).

easy way: check back in 30 minutes, and I'll post it for you.

i choose

Image

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 17:45 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14663
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Image

how do I make this avatar sized?

there's a hard way and an easy way ...

hard way: download (free) photo editing app (i use GIMP). Learn how to use said app to resize the gif (I can point you in the right direction if you'd like).

easy way: check back in 30 minutes, and I'll post it for you.

i choose

Image

Attachment:
chosen.gif
Attachment:
shining.gif

...and 6 minutes to spare


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 18:28 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Image

how do I make this avatar sized?

there's a hard way and an easy way ...

hard way: download (free) photo editing app (i use GIMP). Learn how to use said app to resize the gif (I can point you in the right direction if you'd like).

easy way: check back in 30 minutes, and I'll post it for you.

i choose

Image

Attachment:
chosen.gif
Attachment:
shining.gif

...and 6 minutes to spare

Thanks buddy.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 18:29 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
mine's not moving. did I upload it wrong?

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 18:36 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49260
Location: Rocket City
Scruluce's isn't moving either - try this one:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 20:00 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
awesome. thanks fellas

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 08:18 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14663
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
weird. it was moving for me. wonder where I goofed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group