FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 17:34

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 23:54 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Will wrote:
Are any of you out there talented enough in the area of photoshop or any other computer wizardry to turn turn the tattoo in this photo into a logo? All we're looking to do be able to put this on a t-shirt on a custom t-shirt site.

The top one has no colour correction, the bottom has been slightly posterised and had the colours brought out a bit.
I have the .psds if you want either I can email them - pm me

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 12:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I need to open some files on my PC that use Shockwave Flash Player. I've tried installing it several times, but I still can't seem to open them and my PC is not showing SFP anywhere.

I have Windows XP latest updates, which according to the Adobe site is fine.

Any ideas?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 14:07 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

DrG wrote:
I need to open some files on my PC that use Shockwave Flash Player. I've tried installing it several times, but I still can't seem to open them and my PC is not showing SFP anywhere.

Any ideas?

what is the file extension?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 14:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

F.N.G. wrote:
DrG wrote:

Any ideas?

Extension is .swf Can open the files in Firefox, but the interactive stuff isn't working at all.

(it is "stolen" software, but I've managed to get what I wanted by sifting through the content files, instead of opening the active textbook and clicking on the various pictures, etc)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 14:28 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

DrG wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
DrG wrote:

Any ideas?

Extension is .swf Can open the files in Firefox, but the interactive stuff isn't working at all.

Try this... open up Notepad or some other basic text editor, then cut and paste the following, replacing the XXXX with the filename of your .swf file:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<object><param name="flash" value="XXXX.swf">< <embed src="XXXX.swf"></embed></object>
</body>
</html>

Save the file as flashviewer.htm in the same folder as the .swf then open this html file with your browser.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 08:49 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

I've been having problems with my computers not automatically connecting to the interwebs even though they are connecting wirelessly to my router. I don't have any problems with either the iPad or my iPhone at home, but one computer is now unable to connect even after I reboot.

When I investigate a little further it says that it can't obtain an IP address. I don't have all the specifics as I'm currently at work, but I can add plenty of specifics later tonight once I get home. It seems to me that even though I've got the computer set up to automatically obtain an IP address, it doesn't seem to do that. Moreover, sometimes on my computer running Vista, even though it may have connectivity at one point of the day, it will lose the IP address later on in the day and I can only get it back by rebooting.

Can anyone explain how this whole IP address thing is working? And explain it to me like I'm a Philadelphia lawyer named Denzel Washington (i.e.: as if I were a six-year-old).

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 18:52 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Batman wrote:
I've been having problems with my computers not automatically connecting to the interwebs even though they are connecting wirelessly to my router. I don't have any problems with either the iPad or my iPhone at home, but one computer is now unable to connect even after I reboot.

When I investigate a little further it says that it can't obtain an IP address. I don't have all the specifics as I'm currently at work, but I can add plenty of specifics later tonight once I get home. It seems to me that even though I've got the computer set up to automatically obtain an IP address, it doesn't seem to do that. Moreover, sometimes on my computer running Vista, even though it may have connectivity at one point of the day, it will lose the IP address later on in the day and I can only get it back by rebooting.

Can anyone explain how this whole IP address thing is working? And explain it to me like I'm a Philadelphia lawyer named Denzel Washington (i.e.: as if I were a six-year-old).

Is your computer a mac or PC? It sounds like one of your other devices is sharing the IP address of your computer. When this happens, one of the two devices gets das boot (two objects cannot occupy the same space, and such). We can help you change the IP address on one of your devices, which will resolve the problem. It's probably easiest to change the one on your computer.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2013, 11:00 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Batman wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa... Batman needs something explained to him like he's a six-year-old??? This blows my mind!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 01:39 

Scruluce wrote:
Batman wrote:

Is your computer a mac or PC? It sounds like one of your other devices is sharing the IP address of your computer. When this happens, one of the two devices gets das boot (two objects cannot occupy the same space, and such). We can help you change the IP address on one of your devices, which will resolve the problem. It's probably easiest to change the one on your computer.

Ah. This could very well be true. For a little while, the desktop in the study wasn't connecting but the one that is now having the problem (in the spare bedroom) was. I rarely ever used them at the same time. After I reset the modem, both computers were off and I turned on the one in the study first. That one connected just fine immediately after the reset, but the one in the spare bedroom hasn't been able to connect since.

Another piece of info that might be important, could it be possible that it can't get a new IP address because multiple programs are attempting to control the connection? I've got the Microsoft Zero Configuration running as well as a separate LinkSys program. Both show that I'm connected to the router wireleslly, but neither can repair the connection and get an applicable IP address.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 10:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Batman wrote:

Ah. This could very well be true. For a little while, the desktop in the study wasn't connecting but the one that is now having the problem (in the spare bedroom) was. I rarely ever used them at the same time. After I reset the modem, both computers were off and I turned on the one in the study first. That one connected just fine immediately after the reset, but the one in the spare bedroom hasn't been able to connect since.

Another piece of info that might be important, could it be possible that it can't get a new IP address because multiple programs are attempting to control the connection? I've got the Microsoft Zero Configuration running as well as a separate LinkSys program. Both show that I'm connected to the router wirelessly, but neither can repair the connection and get an applicable IP address.

Quite possible. It is also possible that a upgraded router is in order. You could be pushing maximum available ports.

My living situation is quite cramped (Parents, my 2 kids, my brother and his oldest son, and myself). When a second playstation and a laptop was introduced into the home network, someone was getting kicked offline, the connection was horrible, or the network would crash. I upgraded to a dual band Netgear router, operating on both a 2.4Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequencies. I am currently running (with little congestion) 2 desktops, 1 laptop, 2 PS3s, and 2 iPads, with occasional access from 2 iPods and my smartphone.

This should help you in manually changing one of the devices, and here is a video if you need the visual aid.

Worst case scenario, buy a dual band router and start the network from scratch. If it can connect to the 5.0Ghz (iPad will, iPhone may), then do so in order to alleviate congestion on the 2.4Ghz band.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 12:07 

Scruluce wrote:
Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Batman wrote:

Another piece of info that might be important, could it be possible that it can't get a new IP address because multiple programs are attempting to control the connection? I've got the Microsoft Zero Configuration running as well as a separate LinkSys program. Both show that I'm connected to the router wirelessly, but neither can repair the connection and get an applicable IP address.

Quite possible. It is also possible that a upgraded router is in order. You could be pushing maximum available ports.

My living situation is quite cramped (Parents, my 2 kids, my brother and his oldest son, and myself). When a second playstation and a laptop was introduced into the home network, someone was getting kicked offline, the connection was horrible, or the network would crash. I upgraded to a dual band Netgear router, operating on both a 2.4Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequencies. I am currently running (with little congestion) 2 desktops, 1 laptop, 2 PS3s, and 2 iPads, with occasional access from 2 iPods and my smartphone.

This should help you in manually changing one of the devices, and here is a video if you need the visual aid.

Worst case scenario, buy a dual band router and start the network from scratch. If it can connect to the 5.0Ghz (iPad will, iPhone may), then do so in order to alleviate congestion on the 2.4Ghz band.

Thanks for that. I can't switch routers as this is the one BT provides. I'll try the other stuff this weekend. Cheers!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 17:18 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Batman wrote:
Thanks for that.

no problem

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 10:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#$*)(*$

trying to burn a CD in iTunes and keep getting the message "disc burner or software not found." Googled for it and one of hte suggestions was update iTunes which I did (hate the new interface, so thanks there) but that didn't solve it. Have read other suggested solutions but they seem circular (rename the afs driver, but if you do that, you may not be able to burn CDs in iTunes). FWIW, my laptop isn't recognizing that there's a blank CD in the drive--it tells me "please insert a disk into the DVD driver."

I got this laptop in November, and honestly, I can't remember if I've burned stuff before now or not--I know I've imported CDs into iTunes, but can't remember if I've done it the other way. Any thoughts? (and I really hate that I don't understand my own tech)

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 11:55 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Buckykatt wrote:
#$*)(*$

trying to burn a CD in iTunes and keep getting the message "disc burner or software not found." Googled for it and one of hte suggestions was update iTunes which I did (hate the new interface, so thanks there) but that didn't solve it. Have read other suggested solutions but they seem circular (rename the afs driver, but if you do that, you may not be able to burn CDs in iTunes). FWIW, my laptop isn't recognizing that there's a blank CD in the drive--it tells me "please insert a disk into the DVD driver."

I got this laptop in November, and honestly, I can't remember if I've burned stuff before now or not--I know I've imported CDs into iTunes, but can't remember if I've done it the other way. Any thoughts? (and I really hate that I don't understand my own tech)

It seems the obvious question that doesn't need asking, but are you sure your drive is capable of this? (I know most are, but...)

You may need to format the disc first. Start Menu > Computer > (right click on appropriate drive) Format...

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2013, 10:47 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Flash player has randomly stopped working in Chrome (works in Firefox). I have checked plugins and extensions: it's there and enabled. I have downloaded the latest version of Flash just in case, still nothing. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 21:42 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

F.N.G. wrote:
Flash player has randomly stopped working in Chrome (works in Firefox). I have checked plugins and extensions: it's there and enabled. I have downloaded the latest version of Flash just in case, still nothing. Any ideas?

I got this same error earlier. Check the top right corner for the 3 bars (menu button). You should see an orange triangle, or other same type icon indicating attention required. Click on the menu button, and you'll see a message to restart Chrome...an update needs to take place.

Once Chrome restarted, I still had my pages right where I left them, and no more error message.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 22:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Casey got a new (to her) Ipad. She would like some movies copied from DVD to her Ipad!

What programs would you suggest I use to do that on my mac to her Ipad for her????

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 23:20 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Patch wrote:
Casey got a new (to her) Ipad. She would like some movies copied from DVD to her Ipad!

What programs would you suggest I use to do that on my mac to her Ipad for her????

if you already have the movies copied from DVD you don't need any additional app for your iPad. all you need to do is associate these movies to iTunes, then you will be able to add them to the iPad without me trouble. once they are added to the iPad you will find them under the videos app native to the iPad.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 00:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Patch wrote:

if you already have the movies copied from DVD you don't need any additional app for your iPad. all you need to do is associate these movies to iTunes, then you will be able to add them to the iPad without me trouble. once they are added to the iPad you will find them under the videos app native to the iPad.

Ok, I have the dvd. Not copied yet. How do I get them onto the mac so I can use itunes to put them onto the ipad?

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 03:29 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Looks like Handbrake will rip it from the DVD for you and there are a few YouTube videos on how to use it.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 06:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
Looks like Handbrake will rip it from the DVD for you and there are a few YouTube videos on how to use it.

ty

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 09:14 

My boss just got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and put me in charge of getting him a new ringtone. I downloaded the song he wanted, but now it is not acknowledging it as a viable ringtone. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 10:45 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Midrats wrote:
My boss just got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and put me in charge of getting him a new ringtone. I downloaded the song he wanted, but now it is not acknowledging it as a viable ringtone. Any suggestions?

Have you moved it into the ringtones folder? Is it the correct file type?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 11:18 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:

Have you moved it into the ringtones folder? Is it the correct file type?

I don't know about Galaxys but on iPhones it has to be a certain file type to be recognized like F.N.G. said. On iPhone it is as easy as just changing the file extention, then re-importing it.

So what ringtone did you choose? Who Let the Dawgs Out? (Personal Favorite) Send in the Clowns? Yakety Sax?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 11:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:

So what ringtone did you choose? Who Let the Dawgs Out? (Personal Favorite) Send in the Clowns? Yakety Sax?

:red: Aerosmith-- Big Ten Inch. :mishchief:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next