FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 10:56

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 11:43 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

sldawgs wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:
My boss just got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and put me in charge of getting him a new ringtone. I downloaded the song he wanted, but now it is not acknowledging it as a viable ringtone. Any suggestions?

Have you moved it into the ringtones folder? Is it the correct file type?

I don't know about Galaxys but on iPhones it has to be a certain file type to be recognized like F.N.G. said. On iPhone it is as easy as just changing the file extention, then re-importing it.

So what ringtone did you choose? Who Let the Dawgs Out? (Personal Favorite) Send in the Clowns? Yakety Sax?

My boss picked The Eagles Take it Easy.

My personal ringtone is Happy Happy Joy Joy from Ren & Stimpy. As to Who Let the Dawgs Out, I should probably get Sheila's ok first.

I'll have to get him to bring in the usb cable to make any changes on the phone's directories. I'll let you know if that works.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 12:01 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:
My boss just got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and put me in charge of getting him a new ringtone. I downloaded the song he wanted, but now it is not acknowledging it as a viable ringtone. Any suggestions?

I don't know about Galaxys but on iPhones it has to be a certain file type to be recognized like F.N.G. said. On iPhone it is as easy as just changing the file extention, then re-importing it.

So what ringtone did you choose? Who Let the Dawgs Out? (Personal Favorite) Send in the Clowns? Yakety Sax?

My personal ringtone is Happy Happy Joy Joy from Ren & Stimpy. As to Who Let the Dawgs Out, I should probably get Sheila's ok first.

I'll have to get him to bring in the usb cable to make any changes on the phone's directories. I'll let you know if that works.

That should do - move the song to the ringtones folder, if it's a compatible file (mp3 is fine, wma isn't) then it should be easy to set up.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 13:00 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:

That should do - move the song to the ringtones folder, if it's a compatible file (mp3 is fine, wma isn't) then it should be easy to set up.

How did I miss this entire ringtone conversation? I'm slippin! Most smartphones have a file directory "app" that will allow you to move files around w/o usb cable.

Oh, and let me drop a quick little FW PSA for the not-so-technically-inclined:

Don't download/pay for ringtones! I make them quick and easy, in any file type!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 13:11 

Scruluce wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Midrats wrote:

How did I miss this entire ringtone conversation? I'm slippin! Most smartphones have a file directory "app" that will allow you to move files around w/o usb cable.

Oh, and let me drop a quick little FW PSA for the not-so-technically-inclined:

(Actual client, not a paid actor) I have used Sculuce's House of Ringtones for many years... He even created my current "Happy Happy Joy Joy" ringtone. I am would highly recommend him.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 13:57 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Midrats wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

(Actual client, not a paid actor) I have used Sculuce's House of Ringtones for many years... He even created my current "Happy Happy Joy Joy" ringtone. I am would highly recommend him.

Brought to you by:

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 23:44 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

In a alternate reality, "shoe's on the other foot" turn of events, I post the following question:

Does anyone have a quick easy PDF crack? I am trying to make my text book chapters available on my iPad. They are currently password protected, and anything I've found will not remove the DRM protection (I'm not entirely sure it's DRM, but it is 3rd party security).

Currently, I am entering my password for each chapter, then printing to Microsoft XPS so that I can put them on my iPad via and xps friendly app. In doing this, I am able to read the chapters, but lose the ability to quickly navigate from one end of the chapter to the other, or to a specific page if need be. It also takes a great deal of time to do this for roughly 30 chapters, three books over.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 05:46 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Scruluce wrote:
In a alternate reality, "shoe's on the other foot" turn of events, I post the following question:

Does anyone have a quick easy PDF crack? I am trying to make my text book chapters available on my iPad. They are currently password protected, and anything I've found will not remove the DRM protection (I'm not entirely sure it's DRM, but it is 3rd party security).

Currently, I am entering my password for each chapter, then printing to Microsoft XPS so that I can put them on my iPad via and xps friendly app. In doing this, I am able to read the chapters, but lose the ability to quickly navigate from one end of the chapter to the other, or to a specific page if need be. It also takes a great deal of time to do this for roughly 30 chapters, three books over.

I have an app called GoodNotes on my iPad. I can load a .pdf file and then I can actually take notes on it. It's nice because it keeps the format of the pdf. Is that basically what you are asking or do the passwords make it where you can't load it on an iPad?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 14:10 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

I have an app called GoodNotes on my iPad. I can load a .pdf file and then I can actually take notes on it. It's nice because it keeps the format of the pdf. Is that basically what you are asking or do the passwords make it where you can't load it on an iPad?

Yeah, that's the problem. In all of my associates level courses, the pdf textbooks weren't protected, so I could open them directly from the student portal and save them to iBooks. The bachelors level course readings are all password protected (same as my login info for the student portal). I'm unable to enter the user/pass in iBooks, and the iOS version of Adobe will not allow me to enter it either. Without entering that info, every page of the chapter/book/document is blacked out (it would be funny if it was redacted instead of a black screen).

I'm 20 chapters in to converting my textbook, using the steps I already mentioned. It's just tedious. That method does allow me to exclude the unlock page though. I am told that I can convert xps back to pdf, but I've not found a way to do that as of yet. that would make things TONS easier, as I could use iBooks again.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 05:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Yeah, that's the problem. In all of my associates level courses, the pdf textbooks weren't protected, so I could open them directly from the student portal and save them to iBooks. The bachelors level course readings are all password protected (same as my login info for the student portal). I'm unable to enter the user/pass in iBooks, and the iOS version of Adobe will not allow me to enter it either. Without entering that info, every page of the chapter/book/document is blacked out (it would be funny if it was redacted instead of a black screen).

I'm 20 chapters in to converting my textbook, using the steps I already mentioned. It's just tedious. That method does allow me to exclude the unlock page though. I am told that I can convert xps back to pdf, but I've not found a way to do that as of yet. that would make things TONS easier, as I could use iBooks again.

Although I don't use them all too often, I usually use a online unlocker like http://www.pdfunlock.com/. I'm not too certain these will help with the third party security, though...

Also, why can't you just print them to PDF, using a tool like http://www.primopdf.com/. You would then have a set of PDFs, which you can combine again with other online tools.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 18:16 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

OK, ma homies -- any guesses as to why my www.steelfrog.net links are ok for some, but will take Mac users to anywhere but my site?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 19:09 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Steel Frog wrote:
OK, ma homies -- any guesses as to why my http://www.steelfrog.net links are ok for some, but will take Mac users to anywhere but my site?

any links in particular, or the main site link?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 19:42 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
OK, ma homies -- any guesses as to why my http://www.steelfrog.net links are ok for some, but will take Mac users to anywhere but my site?

So if I can get to the site I am one of the special people?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 20:20 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

All I can tell is right now, Safari won't get you there, but Chrome can.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 20:45 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

It works on my iPad with Safari and iOs 7. No problem at all, it came right up.
Attachment:
steelfrogblog.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2013, 19:50 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

sldawgs wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

It works on my iPad with Safari and iOs 7. No problem at all, it came right up.
Attachment:
steelfrogblog.jpg

Woohoo!!

Now, you can enjoy all day!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2013, 10:03 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I'm looking for a free program, app or website where I can make a slideshow out of my vacation pictures with background music. I'm using a pc running windows 8.1.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 02:15 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I'm a staunch Google proponent. Have you considered Picasa?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 03:13 

Scruluce wrote:

The only thing I've tried so far is using google docs to do it, but they don't allow for the addition of music. I'll give picasa a look.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 17:14 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

The only thing I've tried so far is using google docs to do it, but they don't allow for the addition of music. I'll give picasa a look.

it's hard to see (the color difference) on my screen, but I provided a link for directions to make a slideshow w/ music via Picasa.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 01:01 

Picasa rulz

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 02:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
Picasa rulz

:green:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 03:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Is there an easy way to download youtube videos without riddling your pooter with lurgies?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 06:45 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Humphrey wrote:
Is there an easy way to download youtube videos without riddling your pooter with lurgies?

Have you tried checking on cnet.com? Sheila says she has used one from them for years and her pooter is lurgy-free.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 08:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
Humphrey wrote:

Have you tried checking on cnet.com? Sheila says she has used one from them for years and her pooter is lurgy-free.

Thanks. It seems to be working. Of course, it might be a massive virus, but hey, it's the work computer I'm using, so the worst thing that can happen is that the University's entire network comes crashing down...

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 08:54 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Humphrey wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Humphrey wrote:

Thanks. It seems to be working. Of course, it might be a massive virus, but hey, it's the work computer I'm using, so the worst thing that can happen is that the University's entire network comes crashing down...

:glwacoy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next