FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 16:08

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5766 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 231  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 09:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2003, 10:11
Posts: 3624
Bet you never thought I would be the one to start this topic huh?

anyway Friday I get this fortune cookie and my fortune was "You will be traveling and coming into a fortune".

Well I was kinda upset when I didn't win the $230,000,000.00 lottery but then later that night my wife and I took my sister and her fiance to the Charlestown Race Track to play the slot machines.

We agreed to only spend $20 each. I told my wife I wanted to play the dollar machines (shes usually stingy with the money so only lets me play the quarter machines) she starts to give me a hard time so we agree Ill only spend $5.

So I put my $5 in and spin the wheels....1st try nothing....2nd try nothing...3rd try nothing....4th try nothing and at this point my wife says "way to go you just blew a quarter of your money in 3 seconds" and hits me on the arm...

5th try...7....7....7 :arrow:

I ended up winning $80 on the last dollar and after playing the rest of my $15 I ended up with a total of $87. While my wife spent $30 (she spent 10 more than the agreed cause she was jealous) and lost $15. So I gave her $20 to put her back at even.

Funny conversation afterwards...I mention how I was excited cause now I could afford to buy school of rock when it comes out next week.

My wife says well my birthdays next week and now that you have money are you getting me anything?

So I say "umm...Yeah! Im getting you school of rock".
She says "school of rock I've never seen it how do you know I'll even like it"

So I say "oh ok then what do you want for your birthday?"
She Says "Nothing."
So I say "Awsome than Im getting School of Rock"

_________________
RISE!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 09:44 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
fivestyle wrote:
So I say "oh ok then what do you want for your birthday?"
She Says "Nothing."
So I say "Awsome than Im getting School of Rock"

:lol: :lol:

Something that made me happy yesterday is quite hard to explain, so i'll just tell you what happened. I made my debut for Leigh academy yesterday which some (probably a lot) people I know don't think I deserve because I only play for Easts 2nd time and they play for the firsts and haven't been asked to play for the academy. Anyways in the game I only got to play the last 15 minutes but I wasn't bothered because it was my first game and all. After the game I saw some of the others and they started jiving me by saying "did you play? I think I blinked and missed it" and all laughing (the same forced laughter they always do when somebody says something half funny). Then I looked at them and thought:

Person A: Well at least I don't have to do a lot of botty-kissing to get friends.
Person B: I'm glad I don't just stand there and laugh at the same time as everyone else cos i've got nothing to say
Person C: I can't look at you any longer cos that ridiculous earring is putting me off
Person D: You're just jealous cos you think you're better than me but nobody wants to sign you and 2 clubs wanted me

I decided they weren't worth a response. So I just turned away and walked to my friends, smilingly knowingly that I won without trying.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 10:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2003, 09:52
Posts: 2239
Location: to the left, to the left.....
Gren wrote:
fivestyle wrote:
So I say "oh ok then what do you want for your birthday?"
She Says "Nothing."
So I say "Awsome than Im getting School of Rock"

:lol: :lol:

Something that made me happy yesterday is quite hard to explain, so i'll just tell you what happened. I made my debut for Leigh academy yesterday which some (probably a lot) people I know don't think I deserve because I only play for Easts 2nd time and they play for the firsts and haven't been asked to play for the academy. Anyways in the game I only got to play the last 15 minutes but I wasn't bothered because it was my first game and all. After the game I saw some of the others and they started jiving me by saying "did you play? I think I blinked and missed it" and all laughing (the same forced laughter they always do when somebody says something half funny). Then I looked at them and thought:

Person A: Well at least I don't have to do a lot of botty-kissing to get friends.
Person B: I'm glad I don't just stand there and laugh at the same time as everyone else cos i've got nothing to say
Person C: I can't look at you any longer cos that ridiculous earring is putting me off
Person D: You're just jealous cos you think you're better than me but nobody wants to sign you and 2 clubs wanted me

I decided they weren't worth a response. So I just turned away and walked to my friends, smilingly knowingly that I won without trying.


I do love a good "internal dialogue" story :D

reminds me of the beloved TV show the "Wonder Years" :D

_________________
I would rather be having a burger and beers with my mates but I can't do that when I know I've got to dance!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 12:03 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
Contrary to what most people would assume, knowing what they know about me, many small random things make me happy. Among them:

This: :banana:

and other things I'm sure I will think of later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 14:36 
Offline
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2003, 16:27
Posts: 11600
Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth.
I know it's a little easy but when my son told me
:" I love you Daddy, I love you very much" ...
I smiled for three days. :D

(He's 2.5 years old, he didn't say it in english though... Do you think I
should sign him in a special school or something?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:32 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
And speaking of fortune cookies...

I once got one with a fortune that said:

You are never bitter, deceptive, or petty


After my family and I laughed so hard we expelled internal organs from our noses, I kept it in case I ever ran into the person it really belonged to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:39 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Kfink wrote:
And speaking of fortune cookies...

I once got one with a fortune that said:

You are never bitter, deceptive, or petty


After my family and I laughed so hard we expelled internal organs from our noses, I kept it in case I ever ran into the person it really belonged to.


You get bitter and petty in bed? And what are you deceptive about? :roll:

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:40 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
And speaking of fortune cookies...

I once got one with a fortune that said:

You are never bitter, deceptive, or petty


After my family and I laughed so hard we expelled internal organs from our noses, I kept it in case I ever ran into the person it really belonged to.


You get bitter and petty in bed? And what are you deceptive about? :roll:


:tongue: Why do I even bother to talk to you people?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:41 
Offline
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Posts: 14462
Location: Stuck in a sand trap
Kfink wrote:
:tongue: Why do I even bother to talk to you people?


What the hell else have ya got to do?

_________________
Squirrel!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:42 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
:tongue: Why do I even bother to talk to you people?


What the hell else have ya got to do?


Well, I could be planning something to teach for the next two days, but planning takes all of the fun out of the job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:44 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
And speaking of fortune cookies...

I once got one with a fortune that said:

You are never bitter, deceptive, or petty


After my family and I laughed so hard we expelled internal organs from our noses, I kept it in case I ever ran into the person it really belonged to.


You get bitter and petty in bed? And what are you deceptive about? :roll:


:tongue: Why do I even bother to talk to you people?


Just answer the question, Claire. ;)

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:46 
Offline
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Posts: 14462
Location: Stuck in a sand trap
Jame Gumb wrote:
Just answer the question, Claire. ;)


Well quoted!

_________________
Squirrel!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:46 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
And speaking of fortune cookies...

I once got one with a fortune that said:

You are never bitter, deceptive, or petty


After my family and I laughed so hard we expelled internal organs from our noses, I kept it in case I ever ran into the person it really belonged to.


You get bitter and petty in bed? And what are you deceptive about? :roll:


:tongue: Why do I even bother to talk to you people?


Just answer the question, Claire. ;)


What was the question in Claire's case?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:47 
Offline
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Posts: 14462
Location: Stuck in a sand trap
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.

_________________
Squirrel!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:49 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.


Excellent. I knew this thread had to go downhill. :demon:

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:51 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
Jame Gumb wrote:
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.


Excellent. I knew this thread had to go downhill. :demon:


I'm always surprised when we don't start at the bottom of the hill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:52 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.


Excellent. I knew this thread had to go downhill. :demon:


I'm always surprised when we don't start at the bottom of the hill.


You were the one who brought up fortune cookies. Though I could have pounced on the "internal dialogue" Fever Dog mentioned well above.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:55 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.


Excellent. I knew this thread had to go downhill. :demon:


I'm always surprised when we don't start at the bottom of the hill.


You were the one who brought up fortune cookies. Though I could have pounced on the "internal dialogue" Fever Dog mentioned well above.


Freud was right! Everything is about sex!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 15:58 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.


Excellent. I knew this thread had to go downhill. :demon:


I'm always surprised when we don't start at the bottom of the hill.


You were the one who brought up fortune cookies. Though I could have pounced on the "internal dialogue" Fever Dog mentioned well above.


Freud was right! Everything is about sex!


Except for discussions of sex, as it turns out. :-?

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 16:00 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 09:45
Posts: 3600
Location: Over here. No, a little to the left.
weird old guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 16:02 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Kfink wrote:
weird old guy.


:lol:

I won't make the connotation I'm thinking of here...

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2004, 16:11 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38410
Location: San Francisco
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
Kfink wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
McT wrote:
Kfink wrote:
What was the question in Claire's case?


I believe it had to do with her virginity, or lack there of.


Excellent. I knew this thread had to go downhill. :demon:


I'm always surprised when we don't start at the bottom of the hill.


You were the one who brought up fortune cookies. Though I could have pounced on the "internal dialogue" Fever Dog mentioned well above.


Freud was right! Everything is about sex!


Except for discussions of sex, as it turns out. :-?

I thought this was a discussion about the movie Go ... :roll:

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2004, 07:59 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2002, 02:36
Posts: 6690
Location: Back
Otters doing impressions of folk singers

Image

_________________
What, does he think you're a c**t?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2004, 08:40 
Offline
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2002, 09:30
Posts: 14462
Location: Stuck in a sand trap
I thought that was a Home Alone impression.

_________________
Squirrel!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2004, 09:12 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2003, 09:58
Posts: 8226
Location: Boston
I awoke at eight (a rare event, since I usually sleep till noon). I went to breakfast. I ordered an omelette. It was the best omelette I've ever tasted. That sort of thing makes me happy, small and pointless as it may be.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5766 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 231  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group