Random thing that made you happy

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Re: Random thing that made you happy

#5526 Post by » 15 May 2012, 18:11

justdrewit wrote:I just returned from a long weekend in the LA area. Upon parking in a back alley near Venice Beach, I got out of the car to see Danny Trejo walking right towards me. Turns out he was just putting a large painting of Kobe in his Range which we were parked next to, but not before looking at me, smiling, and nodding. He initiated all contact. It was like he thought he knew me.
Imagine how terrifying that encounter would have been if he wasn't a celebrity and was just a dude who looked like Danny Trejo.
The :) means it's all ok.

Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

#5527 Post by Sheila1313 » 29 May 2012, 19:01

My new favorite song of the moment:

And with lyrics:

ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

#5528 Post by » 07 Jun 2012, 04:51

3 series down, 1 to go

This city is amazing right now. I know all of you that live in cities that have had pro teams for decades can look at us in OKC and think we ought to act like we've been here before. I get that and the part of me that wants to be detached and cool agrees. The rest of me is just overwhelmed by love for this team and has been enjoying this playoff run more than any other sports event in my life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#5529 Post by sldawgs » 07 Jun 2012, 05:19

I know how you feel, I went through it in 94 and 95 with the Rockets. It's just surreal at times, just sit back and enjoy it, and GLWACOY.
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#5530 Post by Nunis » 07 Jun 2012, 23:39

We got a babysitter for tomorrow (my aunt, who is a superstar). We made plans to have dinner at the best Italian restaurant in town, then we're hitting a party. We'll hang there a little, drink some of their booze, then we're off to the movies. I've made reservation at the VIP lounge cinema here in town, where they have comfy extra big leather seats, a bar, over-18s only, and popcorn and soda is included in the price. Movie will be Prometheus, the late show, and then we're going home just the two of us and won't have to pick up the boy until the next day.

May not seem like much to some, but this is a very rare thing for me.

#5531 Post by » 08 Jun 2012, 00:00

Nunis wrote:We got a babysitter for tomorrow (my aunt, who is a superstar). We made plans to have dinner at the best Italian restaurant in town, then we're hitting a party. We'll hang there a little, drink some of their booze, then we're off to the movies. I've made reservation at the VIP lounge cinema here in town, where they have comfy extra big leather seats, a bar, over-18s only, and popcorn and soda is included in the price. Movie will be Prometheus, the late show, and then we're going home just the two of us and won't have to pick up the boy until the next day.

May not seem like much to some, but this is a very rare thing for me.
As someone who now has 3 kids, the night you are describing is worth your son's weight in gold.

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5532 Post by Bill » 08 Jun 2012, 00:26

That sound awesome and like a well deserved break. Have fun!

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#5533 Post by knarf » 08 Jun 2012, 06:05

Bill wrote:That sound awesome and like a well deserved break. Have fun!
:green:

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#5534 Post by Nunis » 11 Jun 2012, 00:34

Thanks. It was. When the movie was over near midnight, we didn't want to stop going so we met up with some friends and didn't come home until the middle of the night. It was one to remember. But odd, as I had almost forgotten what that was like, going out with friends and having adult conversations.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#5535 Post by Scruluce » 11 Jun 2012, 02:52

Nunis wrote:Thanks. It was. When the movie was over near midnight, we didn't want to stop going so we met up with some friends and didn't come home until the middle of the night. It was one to remember. But odd, as I had almost forgotten what that was like, going out with friends and having adult conversations.
awesome. Now I really want to come visit so I can go to that theater, oh, and earn a meetup badge, of course. Guess I'd also have to learn a new language so I could follow along with the film, huh?

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#5536 Post by Nunis » 12 Jun 2012, 00:00

Scruluce wrote:awesome. Now I really want to come visit so I can go to that theater, oh, and earn a meetup badge, of course. Guess I'd also have to learn a new language so I could follow along with the film, huh?
You're welcome any time. We have a guest room and everything. :) The theatre was fabulous, but I wish we'd have had time for a drink in the VIP bar beforehand. Y'know, one of the best things about vacationing here is that no, you don't have to learn a new language. Everyone speaks English. When it comes to seeing a movie, all you need to practice is disregarding the Swedish subtitles.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#5537 Post by Scruluce » 12 Jun 2012, 01:22

Nunis wrote:
Scruluce wrote:awesome. Now I really want to come visit so I can go to that theater, oh, and earn a meetup badge, of course. Guess I'd also have to learn a new language so I could follow along with the film, huh?
You're welcome any time. We have a guest room and everything. :) The theatre was fabulous, but I wish we'd have had time for a drink in the VIP bar beforehand. Y'know, one of the best things about vacationing here is that no, you don't have to learn a new language. Everyone speaks English. When it comes to seeing a movie, all you need to practice is disregarding the Swedish subtitles.
Now I just need a job so I can earn vacation time and buy a ticket... (maybe 3 so I can bring the kids. My oldest could totally babysit!)

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#5538 Post by Batman » 12 Jun 2012, 02:31

Nunis wrote:
I saw Se7en in Stockholm and remember scanning the subtitles trying to see all the curse words. I saw Sleepers when I was in Blegium and got to check out curse words in two languages - Flemish and French.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#5539 Post by Steel Frog » 12 Jun 2012, 05:00

Batman wrote:
Nunis wrote:
I saw Se7en in Stockholm and remember scanning the subtitles trying to see all the curse words. I saw Sleepers when I was in Blegium and got to check out curse words in two languages - Flemish and French.

Batman

#5540 Post by Batman » 12 Jun 2012, 06:04

Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nunis wrote:
You can't print that!

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5541 Post by Bill » 12 Jun 2012, 15:36

Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nunis wrote:
You can't print that!

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#5542 Post by alan smithee » 12 Jun 2012, 17:59

Bill wrote:
Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nunis wrote:
You can't print that!
many wds
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5543 Post by Mazer » 12 Jun 2012, 18:21

Nunis wrote:
As a two time viewer of Harry Potter och halvblodsprinsen, I can give a hearty :green: to that. The subtitles can be distracting when you're trying to translate.

Also, one of the few words of Swedish I still remember from my trip is "Baksmallan" meaning hangover (although I suspect Nunis may come along and correct my spelling) because the poster for that was everywhere.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#5544 Post by Steel Frog » 12 Jun 2012, 19:17

Mazer wrote:As a two time viewer of Harry Potter och halvblodsprinsen, I can give a hearty :green: to that. The subtitles can be distracting when you're trying to translate.
That must be Hell with rifftrax.

But I'd do it anyway.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#5545 Post by Nunis » 13 Jun 2012, 00:58

Mazer wrote:Also, one of the few words of Swedish I still remember from my trip is "Baksmallan" meaning hangover (although I suspect Nunis may come along and correct my spelling) because the poster for that was everywhere.
Close enough (baksmällan = the hangover).

Batman

#5546 Post by Batman » 13 Jun 2012, 01:36

alan smithee wrote:
Bill wrote:
Batman wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Batman wrote:
Nunis wrote:
You can't print that!
many wds
many tys

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#5547 Post by Nunis » 21 Jun 2012, 03:01

Got carded at the liquor store again. Happens every time. These days I take it as a compliment.

"Can I see some ID, please?"
"With pleasure."
*looks* "Oh."
"Don't worry, it's been happening every time for the past twelve years."
"You look really young."
"19? Really?"
"Well, yeah."
"Thanks! :) "

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

#5548 Post by Sela » 21 Jun 2012, 06:17

Nunis wrote:Got carded at the liquor store again. Happens every time. These days I take it as a compliment.

"With pleasure."
*looks* "Oh."
"You look really young."
"19? Really?"
"Well, yeah."
Bravo my Queen... and kudos to the liquor store employee ;)
8 more months of school.....

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5549 Post by BubbyChubs » 21 Jun 2012, 17:55

Sela wrote:
Nunis wrote:Got carded at the liquor store again. Happens every time. These days I take it as a compliment.

"With pleasure."
*looks* "Oh."
"You look really young."
"19? Really?"
"Well, yeah."
Bravo my Queen... and kudos to the liquor store employee ;)
I went out with a friend of mine, and the waitress carded her and did not card me. Poor form, waitress.

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5550 Post by Buckykatt » 21 Jun 2012, 19:11

"With pleasure."
*looks* "Oh."
"You look really young."
"19? Really?"
"Well, yeah."
Here in Iowa, the preeminent grocery store chain, HyVee, cards everyone, every time, regardless of your appearance--you have to fork over your DL so they can scan it. I'm so used to it that the last time I was visiting my Dad in CT, I immediately handed over my DL at the liquor store and the clerk gave me this sad, pitying look, like "Oh, lady--I so do not think you look 21, how sad for you that you're that deluded." I tried to explain, but really, by then it's too late.

OTOH, my mother used to LOVE to go grocery shopping with me and would all but elbow me aside to be able, at 80+, to flip her ID at the cashier to prove she was old enough to buy the booze. :D