FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 03:02

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2015, 03:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:
"By far, the funniest move of all time is 'George of the Jungle.'"

... when clearly it's Joe Dirt

In my head I thank these people; announcing such profound mediocrity early in a relationship is true gift -- otherwise you might waste valuable conversation on them (with regards to movies, at least).

In all fairness, I've yet to see Joe Dirt 2. That's obviously the only film with any possibility of surpassing the original.

You do have a good point about such announcements. I should embrace those moments for the time savers they are rather than allowing them to kill off a little bit of all that remains of my hope for humanity.

While taking a night course in college, many, many, many years ago, our assignment that night was to watch Citizen Kane and then answer about 20 or so questions on the film (the professor teaching the course on media was out and obviously phoned-in this assignment to the sub). During a break, I was outside with a bunch of people from the class and overheard "Ugh, movies in B&W suck!". I fondly recall doing this :roll:

I get a similar response when I lend someone a movie with subtitles... obviously not saying it is black and white, unless it is black and white as well.

"Ugh, we have to read this?"

Just sit down, shut up and watch the movie, Michael Bay is there for you afterwards

:lol:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 05:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

In the end they changed the movies which were shown on Saturday. No explanation was given. Heck, they never even made mention of it.
I'd been wondering about that Dracula's Death one, actually. The only information I could find on such a movie was that it was an old Hungarian one, but that one is classified as a lost movie.
The actual line-up ended up being Edison's Frankenstein, Laurel & Hardy's Habeus Corpus, and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligeri.
Fine choices all around.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2015, 19:05 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I got some tickets to take the kids to see Wrestlemania next Spring in Dallas. I get to check off an item from my childhood bucket list and now I've pretty much finished my xmas shopping for the older kids. Win-win

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 10:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

TK421 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I have to now lump them in with the other coworkers who have made remarks like (no exaggeration) "'Bad Boys II' is unquestionably the best movie ever." and "By far, the funniest move of all time is 'George of the Jungle.'"

That guy was just telling me how awesome 'White Chicks' is.

Specifically, the lactose intolerance scene is what he truly finds to be the comedic gem here.

Have I also mentioned that according to him the funniest scene in 'Blazing Saddles' is the campfire beans scene?

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 13:19 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I have to now lump them in with the other coworkers who have made remarks like (no exaggeration) "'Bad Boys II' is unquestionably the best movie ever." and "By far, the funniest move of all time is 'George of the Jungle.'"

Specifically, the lactose intolerance scene is what he truly finds to be the comedic gem here.

Have I also mentioned that according to him the funniest scene in 'Blazing Saddles' is the campfire beans scene?

And that is why movies like White Chicks makes money.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 13:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:

If it actually made money, then surely we'd have had White Chicks 2: Asian Chicks by now.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 13:34 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

TK421 wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:

If it actually made money, then surely we'd have had White Chicks 2: Asian Chicks by now.

Hmm. It made $69,148,997.

Okay, how about...And that is why Adam Sandler keeps making movies.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 16:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:

Hmm. It made $69,148,997.

Okay, how about...And that is why Adam Sandler keeps making movies.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 21:44 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231