FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 01:14

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 17:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Aside from FW peeps of course, these two are on the top of my current "People I would love to have drinks with and shoot the shit." (and: dibs!) I'm always impressed by how good these actually are (underscoring my love for The Roots) but moreover, by how obvious it is that they're just having a fucking blast. It makes me want to be there, you know? (this is Parts 2 and 3 of I think 5)

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 23:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Buckykatt wrote:
Aside from FW peeps of course, these two are on the top of my current "People I would love to have drinks with and shoot the shit." (and: dibs!) I'm always impressed by how good these actually are (underscoring my love for The Roots) but moreover, by how obvious it is that they're just having a fucking blast. It makes me want to be there, you know? (this is Parts 2 and 3 of I think 5)

As they've done this five times already, I think it's obvious they're having tons of fun ("fucking blast" feels more appropriate). And they're pretty good at it too, despite being the whitest guys alive.
This is indeed great to watch and listen to.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2013, 21:48 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

San Francisco 3 Seattle 29

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 13:13 

Seahawks 23, Texans 20

Sorry, dawgs, but this is the first time Seattle has started with a 4-0 season

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 15:03 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Midrats wrote:
Seahawks 23, Texans 20

Yeah, well, at least you have a Quarterback that doesn't throw touchdowns to the other team. Seriously, 3 pick-6s in 3 games. It's got to be some kind of record. Every one of which tied the score or added to a lead. We totally got Schaubed today.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 08:48 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:
Seahawks 23, Texans 20

Yeah, well, at least you have a Quarterback that doesn't throw touchdowns to the other team. Seriously, 3 pick-6s in 3 games. It's got to be some kind of record. Every one of which tied the score or added to a lead. We totally got Schaubed today.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 09:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:
Seahawks 23, Texans 20

I'll pass.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 16:34 

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 17:25 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Midrats wrote:

:lol:

Enjoy. Gonna be another fun year in Seattle.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014, 05:52 

Steel Frog wrote:
Midrats wrote:

:lol:

Enjoy. Gonna be another fun year in Seattle.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 11:06 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015, 01:57 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015, 15:31 

Batman wrote:

:D

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2015, 22:40 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Watch to the end, folks.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 04:18 

Steel Frog wrote:

Watch to the end, folks.

That was great. :D

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 09:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

[nerd]Got my Star Wars tickets[/nerd]

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 09:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I was happy to see this today.
Quote:
Halloween Triple Feature Silent Horror Films

Oct 31, 2015

Cathedral Classic Film Series presents "Dracula's Death," "The Werewolf," and "Frankenstein." The original silent picture films will be accompanied by organist Donnie Rankin on the Cathedral organ in the grand auditorium. Tickets are $10, general admission. The box office will open at 7 PM the night of the show, or tickets may be purchased in advance by calling the Cathedral office at (724) 654-6683, option 1. All proceeds benefit the Cathedral Organ Restoration Fund.
10/31/2015 | 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
www.cathedralnewcastle.com

We've gone to these the last three years. It's an awesome time. We've seen Nosferatu, Hunchback, and Phantom done this way.
I'm happy that it is this triple feature. I was expecting Nosferatu again. The year before we started going had been Phantom. We hadn't been able to go see it. When it was the film again last year I'd assumed that they were operating on a three year cycle. I'm not sure exactly which versions these are. I'm hoping that this is Edison's Frankenstein as I've always wanted to see that one.
In any case it's always a fun experience.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 09:53 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

TK421 wrote:
Quote:

Oct 31, 2015

Cathedral Classic Film Series presents "Dracula's Death," "The Werewolf," and "Frankenstein." The original silent picture films will be accompanied by organist Donnie Rankin on the Cathedral organ in the grand auditorium. Tickets are $10, general admission. The box office will open at 7 PM the night of the show, or tickets may be purchased in advance by calling the Cathedral office at (724) 654-6683, option 1. All proceeds benefit the Cathedral Organ Restoration Fund.
http://www.cathedralnewcastle.com

We've gone to these the last three years. It's an awesome time. We've seen Nosferatu, Hunchback, and Phantom done this way.
I'm happy that it is this triple feature. I was expecting Nosferatu again. The year before we started going had been Phantom. We hadn't been able to go see it. When it was the film again last year I'd assumed that they were operating on a three year cycle. I'm not sure exactly which versions these are. I'm hoping that this is Edison's Frankenstein as I've always wanted to see that one.

Aw, c'mon. Who has time for a triple feature?! ;)

Sounds very.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 10:50 

Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Quote:

Oct 31, 2015

Sounds very.

Awesome. I too once saw Nosferatu this way in The Cathedral of St John the Divine on Manhattan's upper west side. It was followed by a small Halloween parade within the church. Was lots of fun.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 05:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

NoShoes wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Quote:

Oct 31, 2015

Sounds very.

Awesome. I too once saw Nosferatu this way in The Cathedral of St John the Divine on Manhattan's upper west side. It was followed by a small Halloween parade within the church. Was lots of fun.

So far Nosferatu has been my favorite. I'm not sure if it was because I'd not previously seen that one. I suspect it was because in my (completely unqualified to actually judge) opinion, the organist they had that year was the most talented.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 05:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

TK421 wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Quote:

Oct 31, 2015

Sounds very.

So far Nosferatu has been my favorite. I'm not sure if it was because I'd not previously seen that one. I suspect it was because in my (completely unqualified to actually judge) opinion, the organist they had that year was the most talented.

On a complete side note to this, I've mentioned this event to several coworkers, ones who have on prior occasions labeled themselves as "movie buffs" to one degree or another. They've made remarks along the lines of "Yeah, that sounds pretty dumb." or "Why would I want to go sit through a movie with no dialogue?"

I'm pretty sure that I have to now lump them in with the other coworkers who have made remarks like (no exaggeration) "'Bad Boys II' is unquestionably the best movie ever." and "By far, the funniest move of all time is 'George of the Jungle.'"

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 08:28 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

TK421 wrote:
"By far, the funniest move of all time is 'George of the Jungle.'"

... when clearly it's Joe Dirt

In my head I thank these people; announcing such profound mediocrity early in a relationship is true gift -- otherwise you might waste valuable conversation on them (with regards to movies, at least).

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 10:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:

In my head I thank these people; announcing such profound mediocrity early in a relationship is true gift -- otherwise you might waste valuable conversation on them (with regards to movies, at least).

In all fairness, I've yet to see Joe Dirt 2. That's obviously the only film with any possibility of surpassing the original.

You do have a good point about such announcements. I should embrace those moments for the time savers they are rather than allowing them to kill off a little bit of all that remains of my hope for humanity.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 11:43 

TK421 wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:

In all fairness, I've yet to see Joe Dirt 2. That's obviously the only film with any possibility of surpassing the original.

You do have a good point about such announcements. I should embrace those moments for the time savers they are rather than allowing them to kill off a little bit of all that remains of my hope for humanity.

While taking a night course in college, many, many, many years ago, our assignment that night was to watch Citizen Kane and then answer about 20 or so questions on the film (the professor teaching the course on media was out and obviously phoned-in this assignment to the sub). During a break, I was outside with a bunch of people from the class and overheard "Ugh, movies in B&W suck!". I fondly recall doing this :roll:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2015, 08:10 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

NoShoes wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
TK421 wrote:

While taking a night course in college, many, many, many years ago, our assignment that night was to watch Citizen Kane and then answer about 20 or so questions on the film (the professor teaching the course on media was out and obviously phoned-in this assignment to the sub). During a break, I was outside with a bunch of people from the class and overheard "Ugh, movies in B&W suck!". I fondly recall doing this :roll:

I get a similar response when I lend someone a movie with subtitles... obviously not saying it is black and white, unless it is black and white as well.

"Ugh, we have to read this?"

Just sit down, shut up and watch the movie, Michael Bay is there for you afterwards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next