FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 05:29

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
 Post subject: Re: Top 5 of everything
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 12:11 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

sldawgs wrote:
By the way, the Start Trek theme also has lyrics...
Quote:
The series' opening theme has lyrics which were never used (although they were published in the book "The Making of Star Trek", by Stephen J. Whitfield). The lyrics were written by Gene Roddenberry, not so they would be sung on-screen (which he never intended or even wanted), but so he could take a co-writer credit, and receive residual payments for the theme's use alongside the theme's composer, Alexander Courage. Roddenberry did this nearly a year after the show was first aired, taking advantage of a contract clause, of which Courage claimed not to have been aware. Although Courage never took the matter to court, he expressed resentment on numerous occasions to the way Roddenberry "swindled" fifty percent of the popular theme's royalties from him. Roddenberry's response was, "Hey, I have to get some money somewhere. I'm sure not going to get it out of the profits of Star Trek." After the first season of Star Trek, the two never worked together again - although the music has been used in various forms in many of the spin-off projects.

Oh, and I added an honorable mention for L&O.

That is an interesting tidbit about ST & GR (I did not know this), thanks :D also thanks for the HM

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 12:13 

sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
on further thought, would you consider this a "song" or just theme music? If I song, I change my vote for # 1

Where have I seen this game played before, speaking of The Twilight Zone :mishchief:

I didn't use this one because of the narration overlay which put it into another dimension.

Quote:
"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Let's put this in the "Spoken Word" category (along with anything William Shatner may have sung) :D

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 12:16 

wouldn't call this a factoid, just an interesting anecdote (or maybe not so) - my local hospital's ER uses this theme music at the nurses/doctors work station for certain IB calls

Wonder how many other ERs do this?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 12:20 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
on further thought, would you consider this a "song" or just theme music? If I song, I change my vote for # 1

Where have I seen this game played before, speaking of The Twilight Zone :mishchief:

I didn't use this one because of the narration overlay which put it into another dimension.

Quote:
"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Let's put this in the "Spoken Word" category (along with anything William Shatner may have sung) :D

And I just realized, Both Star Treks have overlying narration...dang it.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 12:21 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
By the way, the Start Trek theme also has lyrics...
Quote:
The series' opening theme has lyrics which were never used (although they were published in the book "The Making of Star Trek", by Stephen J. Whitfield). The lyrics were written by Gene Roddenberry, not so they would be sung on-screen (which he never intended or even wanted), but so he could take a co-writer credit, and receive residual payments for the theme's use alongside the theme's composer, Alexander Courage. Roddenberry did this nearly a year after the show was first aired, taking advantage of a contract clause, of which Courage claimed not to have been aware. Although Courage never took the matter to court, he expressed resentment on numerous occasions to the way Roddenberry "swindled" fifty percent of the popular theme's royalties from him. Roddenberry's response was, "Hey, I have to get some money somewhere. I'm sure not going to get it out of the profits of Star Trek." After the first season of Star Trek, the two never worked together again - although the music has been used in various forms in many of the spin-off projects.

Oh, and I added an honorable mention for L&O.

That is an interesting tidbit about ST & GR (I did not know this), thanks :D also thanks for the HM

Just imagine The Shat "singing" these lyrics.
Quote:
Beyond
The rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand’ring in star-flight
I know
He’ll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81