Random thing that made you laugh

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
thedumbkid
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#2876 Post by thedumbkid » 26 Feb 2008, 20:45

Jen M wrote:
Was that McLovin? It went by so quickly.
It indeed was

Punisher
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2877 Post by Punisher » 26 Feb 2008, 23:12

A² wrote:
Wow. I laughed as hard at that as anything I've seen in quite a while.
I'm not allowed to log onto Youtube at work - is that the Kimmel/Affleck spoof? If so, hysterical.
You like pain? Try wearing a corset.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#2878 Post by » 26 Feb 2008, 23:53

Punisher wrote:
A² wrote:
I'm not allowed to log onto Youtube at work - is that the Kimmel/Affleck spoof? If so, hysterical.
yep
The :) means it's all ok.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#2879 Post by alan smithee » 27 Feb 2008, 01:20

A² wrote:
Punisher wrote:
A² wrote:
yep
spoof?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Punisher
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2880 Post by Punisher » 27 Feb 2008, 01:35

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:
Punisher wrote:
A² wrote:
yep
spoof?
Of the Silverman/Damon one.

alan smithee

#2881 Post by alan smithee » 27 Feb 2008, 01:38

Punisher wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:
Punisher wrote:
A² wrote:
yep
spoof?
Of the Silverman/Damon one.
spoof?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#2882 Post by snotball » 27 Feb 2008, 07:25

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#2883 Post by Nunis » 27 Feb 2008, 07:42

:lol: "In full schwing."

Chris
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2884 Post by Chris » 27 Feb 2008, 17:47

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2885 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 27 Feb 2008, 19:32

This commercial.

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2886 Post by Bill » 27 Feb 2008, 22:10

#2887 Post by » 28 Feb 2008, 00:14

Bill wrote:Image
I need to party with the girl who wrote that. If she thinks 2'' is large she'll really be blown away by what I've got.
The :) means it's all ok.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2888 Post by Middle » 28 Feb 2008, 03:50

A² wrote:
I need to party with the girl who wrote that. If she thinks 2'' is large she'll really be blown away by what I've got.
What, 3"?
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Punisher
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2889 Post by Punisher » 28 Feb 2008, 05:29

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
What, 3"?
:lol:

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

#2890 Post by bing » 28 Feb 2008, 17:47

As Los Angeles struggles to restore its namesake river, a considerable obstacle has arisen -- NBC Universal, which is trying to block a public bike path from traversing its property along the waterway...

One bike advocate said Universal executives told him they feared that people would use the path to lob unsolicited screenplays onto the studio's nearby production lot -- something that apparently happens at other spots when a Universal film scores big at the box office.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2891 Post by DrG » 28 Feb 2008, 18:03

Punisher wrote:
A² wrote:
Freakin' awesome! Nearly fell off my chair laughing :lol:

And I thought the Silverman/Damon one was hysterical!
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2892 Post by TK421 » 03 Mar 2008, 06:51

Driving around on my way to a place in Ohio yesterday I saw a buffalo, an alpaca, an emu, and Hillary Clinton. (I'm 99% sure it was her.) There were all sorts of Hillary '08 vehicles around her.

The funny thing is that only slowed down to get better looks at the buffalo, alpaca, and emu. I said to my wife "I don't usually see those things while driving, but I see dumb bitches all the time."

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2893 Post by Buckykatt » 03 Mar 2008, 13:52

I've been grumbling all weekend about all the problems I'm having getting on-line bill paying set up for my Dad so I can take over paying his household bills. It's been 3+ weeks and it's still not working right and I've spent tons of time in phone calls and emails with the bank folks trying to get it straight. So I'm grousing about it and thinking Really, how hard can this freaking be???? and suddenly this pops into my head: Can you triangulate YOUR position, Howard?

Maybe you had to be in my head, but it made me laugh.

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

#2894 Post by bing » 03 Mar 2008, 16:50

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2895 Post by TK421 » 04 Mar 2008, 05:46

bing wrote:Image
Sheesh. That's really only true for integer percentages of caring. If I care 1%, I could care less for say .416%

bdude
Director
Director

#2896 Post by bdude » 06 Mar 2008, 06:04

I was on Metacritic today, and I read the following review of the movie 10,000 B.C., coming out tomorrow. It was written by a user of the forum and somehow he got into a screening.
This is this years 300. But from my vantage point has way better special affects and concepts. It is the only movie in a while that you will see really really ancient settings. And the elephants I just thought looked spectacular, I don't know about anyone else but I thought this film was great. Not the best acting, but superb contexts, intense images, and really amazing effects and visuals.
I didn't know they allowed 9 year olds into these screenings. I'll just break it down a bit.

"This is this years 300. But from my vantage point has way better special affects and concepts."

GRAMMAR POLICE?!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFFESSION?!?!

Seriously, I'm not one to complain about grammar like this, but this is just too good. Unnecessary movie reference #1 - 300. Nothing to do with anything about 10,000 B.C., and is too awesome to be compared to that.

Unnecessary movie reference #2 - Vantage Point. This is where it gets too bad to be true. "But from my vantage point..." What the hell are you talking about?! Obviously, you recently watched it and want to show off your vocabulary, but you look like dumbass instead.

"Way better affects and concepts..." My god, the children are fucked.

"It is the only movie in a while that you will see really really ancient settings. And the elephants I just thought looked spectacular"

Passion of the Christ? 300? Those are some recent ones. Really ancient. But unlike this one, this one is really really ancient. And by the way, Hawking, they are called...mammoths. And what is this comma at the end? Should be a period.(LOL, I said period)

"I don't know about anyone else but I thought this film was great. Not the best acting, but superb contexts, intense images, and really amazing effects and visuals."

Nothing wrong with the first one, but the second makes up for the absence of complete utter stupidity. Superb contexts? Intense images? What contexts? What the fuck are you talking about? Intense images? I've seen more depth in an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Verdict: Sucks. I'll leave welcoming other people here to rip on any minor grammar mistakes I made in this rant.

My god, I'm an asshole.
Last edited by bdude on 06 Mar 2008, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#2897 Post by Nunis » 06 Mar 2008, 06:13

bdude wrote:I'll leave welcoming other people here to rip on any minor grammar mistakes I made in this rant.
Ok then, permit me. You said "grammer". Twice.

That annoyed me far more than anything this other douche wrote. Had you not posted about it I wouldn't even have known. Hence you have increased my poor-grammar-diarrhoea by approximately 248%.

I can also be an asshole.
Last edited by Nunis on 06 Mar 2008, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2898 Post by TK421 » 06 Mar 2008, 06:14

bdude wrote:I was on Metacritic today, and I read the following review of the movie 10,000 B.C., coming out tomorrow. It was written by a user of the forum and somehow he got into a screening.
This is this years 300. But from my vantage point has way better special affects and concepts. It is the only movie in a while that you will see really really ancient settings. And the elephants I just thought looked spectacular, I don't know about anyone else but I thought this film was great. Not the best acting, but superb contexts, intense images, and really amazing effects and visuals.
I didn't know they allowed 9 year olds into these screenings. I'll just break it down a bit.

"This is this years 300. But from my vantage point has way better special affects and concepts."

GRAMMER POLICE?!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFFESSION?!?!

Seriously, I'm not one to complain about grammer like this, but this is just too good. Unnecessary movie reference #1 - 300. Nothing to do with anything about 10,000 B.C., and is too awesome to be compared to that.

Unnecessary movie reference #2 - Vantage Point. This is where it gets too bad to be true. "But from my vantage point..." What the hell are you talking about?! Obviously, you recently watched it and want to show off your vocabulary, but you look like dumbass instead.

"Way better affects and concepts..." My god, the children are fucked.

"It is the only movie in a while that you will see really really ancient settings. And the elephants I just thought looked spectacular"

Passion of the Christ? 300? Those are some recent ones. Really ancient. But unlike this one, this one is really really ancient. And by the way, Hawking, they are called...mammoths. And what is this comma at the end? Should be a period.(LOL, I said period)

"I don't know about anyone else but I thought this film was great. Not the best acting, but superb contexts, intense images, and really amazing effects and visuals."

Nothing wrong with the first one, but the second makes up for the absence of complete utter stupidity. Superb contexts? Intense images? What contexts? What the fuck are you talking about? Intense images? I've seen more depth in an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Verdict: Sucks. I'll leave welcoming other people here to rip on any minor grammar mistakes I made in this rant.

My god, I'm an asshole.
Hmm...you don't actually seem to be doing any laughing.

bdude
Director
Director

#2899 Post by bdude » 06 Mar 2008, 07:56

Nunis wrote:
bdude wrote:I'll leave welcoming other people here to rip on any minor grammar mistakes I made in this rant.
Ok then, permit me. You said "grammer". Twice.

That annoyed me far more than anything this other douche wrote. Had you not posted about it I wouldn't even have known. Hence you have increased my poor-grammar-diarrhoea by approximately 248%.

I can also be an asshole.
Diarrhoea? It must really be bad...

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#2900 Post by Nunis » 06 Mar 2008, 08:07

bdude wrote:Diarrhoea? It must really be bad...
Look it up.