Random thing that freaked you out

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#201 Post by F.N.G. » 25 Jan 2006, 23:15

Gren wrote:How come Michaela Strachan looks exactly the same now as she did 20 years ago (and is still somewhat hott)?
I know! I didn't watch that elephant show, but she still looks great in the trailers. My first ever crush... :love2:

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#202 Post by Gren » 28 Jan 2006, 15:26

For a few seconds (whilst driving) I completely forgot how to drive. :s Luckily I was on a car park and just rolled for a few yards before remembering what the hell I was doing.
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#203 Post by Eric Draven » 28 Jan 2006, 15:59

Gren wrote:For a few seconds (whilst driving) I completely forgot how to drive. :s Luckily I was on a car park and just rolled for a few yards before remembering what the hell I was doing.
No offense, but how the fuck do you do that?
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#204 Post by Gren » 28 Jan 2006, 16:31

Eric Draven wrote:
Gren wrote:For a few seconds (whilst driving) I completely forgot how to drive. :s Luckily I was on a car park and just rolled for a few yards before remembering what the hell I was doing.
No offense, but how the fuck do you do that?
Pass. It's never happened before. Maybe their was some subliminal stuff going down in the movie i'd just been watching (A Cock and Bull Story). Or more likely it was one of those situations like when you go in a room and can't remember what you went in for, except in a car.
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#205 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 28 Jan 2006, 16:40

i forgot how to answer the phone once. although to be fair i had been sleeping and the ringing of the phone woke me up. i grabbed the phone, read the caller ID, knew it was the call i was waiting around for, and just stared at it not knowing what the hell to do. she called back a couple minutes later though and i successfully pushed "Talk".

although, in hindsight, i was better off not answering it.

SweetCatastrophe
Director
Director

#206 Post by SweetCatastrophe » 29 Jan 2006, 21:14

I often forget how to do anything in the morning. It's sometimes funny, sometimes annoying. Normally I am unable to figure out how to sit up or put on clothes, tie shoes, brush teeth, the list goes on. It's a wonder that my fiance can put up with me. I also get delirious to the point that I'm certain I have to do something that I can't even explain. We often get in arguments about how it's impossible for me to go to work "without getting the boxes" or "cleaning the glass plates." However, it's always as a result of me being half asleep still. And, I've also done the phone thing before as well.
Jake will be here until I feel more creative again.

Free iPod

what's that?
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#207 Post by what's that? » 30 Jan 2006, 01:53

I went to an ATM on Saturday, put in my card and started pressing '3' '0', because that's the amount I wanted. I didn't think about pressing in my pin, or the fact that you push one button next to the £30 sign.
Doh.....
this is only one thing in a long list of things that makes me think I'm suffering early dementia. one other being trying to put a dirty top in the fridge, instead of the washing machine (obviously).
'Quite mad is he who would adopt his way of thinking to please others'

'Hedonism is the new procreation'

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#208 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 30 Jan 2006, 13:55

SweetCatastrophe wrote:I often forget how to do anything in the morning. It's sometimes funny, sometimes annoying. Normally I am unable to figure out how to sit up or put on clothes, tie shoes, brush teeth, the list goes on. It's a wonder that my fiance can put up with me. I also get delirious to the point that I'm certain I have to do something that I can't even explain. We often get in arguments about how it's impossible for me to go to work "without getting the boxes" or "cleaning the glass plates." However, it's always as a result of me being half asleep still. And, I've also done the phone thing before as well.
i have the nonsensical mumblings sometimes when i wake up too, i recall one similar to yours actually involving "cleaning the stained glass". i wish i was more like my brother in that regard, he can't form words when he's half asleep, just mumbly noises. it doesn't sound quite as ridiculous that way. although i did hear him mutter something once about eating a beanbag.

capsicum
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#209 Post by capsicum » 30 Jan 2006, 23:54

Everyone seems to be in a very pissy mood tonight.
Hooray for capsicum!

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#210 Post by Will » 30 Jan 2006, 23:57

capsicum wrote:Everyone seems to be in a very pissy mood tonight.
? I don't get that at all.

capsicum
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#211 Post by capsicum » 31 Jan 2006, 00:14

Thats because you are still seeing the world through your shiny new smoke ring.
Hooray for capsicum!

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#212 Post by Will » 31 Jan 2006, 00:20

capsicum wrote:Thats because you are still seeing the world through your shiny new smoke ring.
:lol: True, very true.

Fat Head
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#213 Post by Fat Head » 31 Jan 2006, 11:23

There is a guy at my work that is the spitting image of Giancarlo Giannini form the film hannibal...he even speaks with a european accent...whats all that about

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#214 Post by JJ » 31 Jan 2006, 11:25

Fat Head wrote:There is a guy at my work that is the spitting image of Giancarlo Giannini form the film hannibal...he even speaks with a european accent...whats all that about
You work with Giancarlo Giannini.
La la la la la.

Fat Head
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#215 Post by Fat Head » 31 Jan 2006, 11:43

JJ wrote:
Fat Head wrote:There is a guy at my work that is the spitting image of Giancarlo Giannini form the film hannibal...he even speaks with a european accent...whats all that about
You work with Giancarlo Giannini.
I will try and get his picture..

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#216 Post by Agrajag » 31 Jan 2006, 21:31

Not sure if this should go here or the sad thread... I just was getting ready to leave and I usually check my posts to see if I posted 25 that day or came close and I realized it's after frickin' midnight :cry:

I just started to feel tired when I saw Feb 01. Getting up tomorrow's going to be a pain.

KM~
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#217 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 01 Feb 2006, 07:45

just filed my Graduation Intent for May. It seems like not very long ago that i was struggling through my first semester thinking college just wasn't for me, and now i'm graduating and continuing on to the M.A. program . Time flies i suppose.

capsicum
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#218 Post by capsicum » 08 Feb 2006, 00:33

SEATTLE - A gynecologist convicted of raping and fondling women who came to his clinics for treatment was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison.

Charles Momah performed gynecological exams without wearing gloves, sexually touched patients, probed them unnecessarily with a vaginal ultrasound wand and flirted with them inappropriately, prosecutors alleged.

The obstetrician-gynecologist prescribed addictive painkillers for no good medical reason, pressured patients into surgeries and double-billed insurance companies for procedures, documents say.

He was convicted nearly three months ago of two counts of rape and two counts of indecent liberties with patients.

"They will be sleeping with both eyes closed for the first time in so many years," said lawyer Harish Bharti, who is representing dozens of women in lawsuits against Momah and his twin, who allegedly sometimes pretended to be the gynecologist.

In 2000, a former patient, Jolie Campbell, told the King County Sheriff's Office that Momah had performed unnecessary surgery on her, deliberately gotten her addicted to painkillers, raped her five years earlier and told her no one would believe her if she reported the rape because she was addicted to drugs.

Prosecutors decided there wasn't enough evidence to file charges.

Momah continued practicing until Sept. 11, 2003, when his license was suspended after another patient reported being raped. By June 2004, 44 women had sued him.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved
I think I already saw this movie in the 80's. And Jeremy Irons was great in it. Even if it was a sick twisted flick.
Hooray for capsicum!

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#219 Post by Philip » 11 Mar 2006, 14:51

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#220 Post by Batman » 12 Mar 2006, 02:54

Philip wrote:Image
Who is that? Please tell me it's not Eddie Van Halen.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Philip

#221 Post by Philip » 12 Mar 2006, 08:03

Batman wrote:Who is that? Please tell me it's not Eddie Van Halen.
It's not... and I'm lying.

The picture was taken at his 75th birthday bash which he's celebrating 24 years early.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#222 Post by JJ » 12 Mar 2006, 08:17

Philip wrote:
Batman wrote:Who is that? Please tell me it's not Eddie Van Halen.
It's not... and I'm lying.

The picture was taken at his 75th birthday bash which he's celebrating 24 years early.
Man, he Sithed out early.

And is he holding a condom? Please, say it ain't so.
La la la la la.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#223 Post by Odd Todd » 22 Mar 2006, 15:35

Having the last name of LaPlante then reading this post too quickly. :o
JJ wrote:BTW, I do have some regrets for the way StayPuft went. (Getting your nuts bit off by a Laplander, now that's the way I want to go...)
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#224 Post by snotball » 23 Mar 2006, 00:46

Odd Todd wrote:Having the last name of LaPlante then reading this post too quickly. :o
JJ wrote:BTW, I do have some regrets for the way StayPuft went. (Getting your nuts bit off by a Laplander, now that's the way I want to go...)
Not that there's anything wrong about it.
Bad dates

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

#225 Post by bing » 29 Jun 2006, 17:36

Time to resurrect this thread.