FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Jun 2018, 23:11

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2017, 11:43 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

knarf wrote:
While watching some of the Friday the 13th marathon last week, I thought about how many people I knew named Jason growing up, and that it seemed like the name had dropped off in popularity. Just looked it up and I was correct:
Attachment:
jason.JPG

Interesting that a movie (I'm assuming) could have that much of an impact.

I still can't say ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah without my wife smacking me :mishchief:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 06:07 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
While watching some of the Friday the 13th marathon last week, I thought about how many people I knew named Jason growing up, and that it seemed like the name had dropped off in popularity. Just looked it up and I was correct:
Attachment:
jason.JPG

I still can't say ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah without my wife smacking me :mishchief:

fnar, fnar

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2017, 16:10 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Had another interesting experience with the MoviePass card today. Bought two tickets at a kiosk, used the card to pay first assuming I could then pay for the second ticket. The kiosk hit the card for the full amount that was loaded ($12.77), which covered part of the second ticket. Got that one for only $3.35 more.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2017, 17:52 

Was watching It's a Wonderful Life for the "God knows how many'th" time, when I noticed....

At the cemetery, Clarence states "Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine", then George brushes away the snow at the bottom of the head stone to show the years 1911 - 1919.

Guessing Clarence was bad at math?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2017, 18:02 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

ha, nice catch

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 13:07 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
well, he hadn't completed his ninth year, but he was definitely past his eighth. :roll:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 08:56 

Well...that would depend.

As the marker did not provide month or day data (just years) we can assume at the oldest he was just one day short of his ninth birthday (born Jan 1, 1911 - died Dec 31, 1919) which I will concede is "technically" 9 yrs old, but typically I wouldn't "say" someone was 9 unless that birthday had come (1/1/1920). Maybe 8 going on 9 but that's not what Clarence said :tongue:

At the youngest though, he could have still been "7 yrs old" had he died prior to his 8th birthday in the year 1919. Say he was born Dec 1, 1911 and died Jan 1st 1919 (he did break through the ice, so Jan 1 seems plausible) he would have been just over 7 yrs old.

Sorry for nitpicking, but it's who I am (PS: my wife hates it too)

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 09:38 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Totally fine!

I suppose I could apologize for playing devil's advocate (or in this case, just being contrary and/or ornery), but I won't :tongue:

It's a great catch, and seems like an obvious mistake.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 18:07 

It's all good 8)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 05:46 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:

I resemble this remark. :green: :green:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 06:04 

sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:

I resemble this remark. :green: :green:

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 11:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

In the course of raising a young human (who is now 3 somehow), my wife and I have listened to what feels like a million nursery rhymes and other children's songs. The one that I just can't wrap my head around is "Five Little Monkeys". Ok, besides the fact that all it has done is give my son something to sing whilst jumping on his bed, it's the lyrics that truly drive me crazy and not just because it's incredibly repetitive. I mean, just think about it, here this mother is bringing her children into the hospital one by one with the same exact injury. At what point would any rational and compassionate doctor call the Department of Social Services to report this mother for housing her children in a dangerous environment? Probably long before the fifth child is brought in.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 12:07 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

redamin wrote:
In the course of raising a young human (who is now 3 somehow), my wife and I have listened to what feels like a million nursery rhymes and other children's songs. The one that I just can't wrap my head around is "Five Little Monkeys". Ok, besides the fact that all it has done is give my son something to sing whilst jumping on his bed, it's the lyrics that truly drive me crazy and not just because it's incredibly repetitive. I mean, just think about it, here this mother is bringing her children into the hospital one by one with the same exact injury. At what point would any rational and compassionate doctor call the Department of Social Services to report this mother for housing her children in a dangerous environment? Probably long before the fifth child is brought in.

:)

All I know is that whenever one partner asks the relatively common question, "What did the doctor say?" The respondent has an easy punchline.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2017, 06:58 

Steel Frog wrote:
redamin wrote:

:)

All I know is that whenever one partner asks the relatively common question, "What did the doctor say?" The respondent has an easy punchline.

As I have not raised any wee humans, I had to look up this rhyme as I am not familiar with it. Truly hysterical :lol:

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 15:57 

Watching an old episode of The Twilight Zone (Person or Persons Unknown) when I noticed all the phone numbers Richard Long gives his doctor start KLondike 5-xxxx

:lol: Even back then they were using the 555 exchange

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2018, 13:27 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

NoShoes wrote:
Watching an old episode of The Twilight Zone (Person or Persons Unknown) when I noticed all the phone numbers Richard Long gives his doctor start KLondike 5-xxxx

:lol: Even back then they were using the 555 exchange

that's funny. great find!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 11:12 

Watching an old episode of Monk, when I caught site of a teenage Jennifer Lawrence. According to IMDb, it's her first acting credit.
Image This is the only scene with the mascot head off :D

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 19:18 

nice catch

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018, 15:09 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

knarf wrote:
While watching some of the Friday the 13th marathon last week, I thought about how many people I knew named Jason growing up, and that it seemed like the name had dropped off in popularity. Just looked it up and I was correct
Attachment:
jason.JPG

Talking to a coworker named Jason reminded me of this, and I started wondering why the name had taken off so quickly in the early '60s - then I remembered Jason and the Argonauts from 1963. This name might have a movie to thank for both its rise and fall.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018, 16:29 

knarf wrote:
knarf wrote:
While watching some of the Friday the 13th marathon last week, I thought about how many people I knew named Jason growing up, and that it seemed like the name had dropped off in popularity. Just looked it up and I was correct
Attachment:
jason.JPG

Talking to a coworker named Jason reminded me of this, and I started wondering why the name had taken off so quickly in the early '60s - then I remembered Jason and the Argonauts from 1963. This name might have a movie to thank for both its rise and fall.

Well, Jason Bourne came out last year. Maybe in a few years we can test this theory :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188