Random thing that interested you enough to post it

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Message
Author
User avatar
Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4941
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 22:42
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

#626 Post by Mazer » 03 Nov 2006, 20:23

alan smithee wrote:play NES on-line
Sounds awesome.

Now if only it would work on my computer.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39552
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#627 Post by alan smithee » 04 Nov 2006, 01:58

Mazer wrote:
alan smithee wrote:play NES on-line
Sounds awesome.

Now if only it would work on my computer.
What kind of computer are you using? I recommed using XP w/FF. I hear that site can work with that configuration.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50690
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

#628 Post by knarf » 04 Nov 2006, 09:20

alan smithee wrote:
Mazer wrote:
alan smithee wrote:play NES on-line
Sounds awesome.

Now if only it would work on my computer.
What kind of computer are you using? I recommed using XP w/FF. I hear that site can work with that configuration.
Worked with Win98 & Firefox. Got up to a 6 figure Mario Brothers score last night. :D
Image

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18815
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

#629 Post by Agrajag » 07 Nov 2006, 15:21

Mazer wrote:
alan smithee wrote:play NES on-line
Sounds awesome.

Now if only it would work on my computer.
Started playing Back to the Future 2 & 3 but can't figure the backwards controls out... plus without being able to save, there's no point. I always wanted to beat that game...
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39552
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#630 Post by alan smithee » 12 Nov 2006, 17:37

how long does it take Wikipedians to detect (intentional) errors? one example
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt
Posts: 14573
Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Gender: Male
Location: Harlem rock city
Contact:

#631 Post by bing » 13 Nov 2006, 17:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo

Kottke says:
Human beatbox Lasse Gjertsen has taken his skills to the next level. His new video, Amateur, is a clever bit of video sampling: Gjertsen builds an entire song out of tiny video soundbytes of him playing the drums and piano. It's hard to explain, just watch the damn thing.

Very awesome.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8494
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

#632 Post by Middle » 14 Nov 2006, 00:52

bing wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo

Kottke says:
Human beatbox Lasse Gjertsen has taken his skills to the next level. His new video, Amateur, is a clever bit of video sampling: Gjertsen builds an entire song out of tiny video soundbytes of him playing the drums and piano. It's hard to explain, just watch the damn thing.

Very awesome.
That was really great!

I found this the other day, and thought it was pretty cool. The freestyle isn't that great, but the impersonations are...

(it is definitely less interesting than Bing's post, I must admit, but pretty cool nonetheless...)
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Hiller
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 3413
Joined: 02 Jun 2006, 05:48
Gender: Male

#633 Post by Hiller » 14 Nov 2006, 06:39

alan smithee wrote:how long does it take Wikipedians to detect (intentional) errors? one example
wikipedia wrote:Madagascar (Republic of Madagascar), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa, close to Mozambique. The main island, also called Madagascar, is the fourth largest island in the world. It is home to five percent of the world's plant and animal species, more than 80 percent of them endemic to Madagascar. Most notable are the lemur infraorder of primates, the carnivorous fossa, three endemic bird families and six endemic baobab species. The adjective of Madagascar is Malagasy (pronounced "mal-la-gash"). The main language is Malagasy. The country's natural balance is severely threatened, because of loss of most of its forest and the extinction of at least 15 lemur species.

Ther is no history of madagascar because it's not really there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar

I have never been to Madagascar, so I don't know if this is an error or not.......
Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when we're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream

Fat Head
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2705
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 10:44
Gender: Male
Location: At work playing poker

#634 Post by Fat Head » 14 Nov 2006, 06:54

Hiller wrote:
alan smithee wrote:how long does it take Wikipedians to detect (intentional) errors? one example
wikipedia wrote:Madagascar (Republic of Madagascar), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa, close to Mozambique. The main island, also called Madagascar, is the fourth largest island in the world. It is home to five percent of the world's plant and animal species, more than 80 percent of them endemic to Madagascar. Most notable are the lemur infraorder of primates, the carnivorous fossa, three endemic bird families and six endemic baobab species. The adjective of Madagascar is Malagasy (pronounced "mal-la-gash"). The main language is Malagasy. The country's natural balance is severely threatened, because of loss of most of its forest and the extinction of at least 15 lemur species.

Ther is no history of madagascar because it's not really there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar

I have never been to Madagascar, so I don't know if this is an error or not.......

mmmm...in the film The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper the Penguins believe madagascar is actually the "New Antarctica"!!!...so maybe it was there but no longer?..Quote"We don't belong here, It's all some kind of wacked out conspiracy! (Skipper)
"

User avatar
Hiller
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 3413
Joined: 02 Jun 2006, 05:48
Gender: Male

#635 Post by Hiller » 14 Nov 2006, 07:42

Hiller wrote:
alan smithee wrote:how long does it take Wikipedians to detect (intentional) errors? one example
wikipedia wrote:Madagascar (Republic of Madagascar), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa, close to Mozambique. The main island, also called Madagascar, is the fourth largest island in the world. It is home to five percent of the world's plant and animal species, more than 80 percent of them endemic to Madagascar. Most notable are the lemur infraorder of primates, the carnivorous fossa, three endemic bird families and six endemic baobab species. The adjective of Madagascar is Malagasy (pronounced "mal-la-gash"). The main language is Malagasy. The country's natural balance is severely threatened, because of loss of most of its forest and the extinction of at least 15 lemur species.

Ther is no history of madagascar because it's not really there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar

I have never been to Madagascar, so I don't know if this is an error or not.......
And it is gone already. That was only an hour since I found it. Pretty impressive when you consider how much stuff is out there.
Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when we're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#636 Post by snotball » 15 Nov 2006, 05:56

Bad dates

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#637 Post by Nunis » 15 Nov 2006, 06:13

That was awesome. I can't stop watching it.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8494
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

#638 Post by Middle » 15 Nov 2006, 06:39

Nunis wrote:
That was awesome. I can't stop watching it.
Can't see it at work....dammit....
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33620
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#639 Post by Steel Frog » 15 Nov 2006, 09:53

Nunis wrote:
That was awesome. I can't stop watching it.
More cowbell!

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5902
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

#640 Post by Buckykatt » 15 Nov 2006, 10:02

I can't guarantee that this is legit, but since the site shows other residential listings in the area, it at least appears to be on the level.

Anyone want to buy a famous historic home?

http://www.faulknerrealestate.com/index ... 10&mid=430

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33620
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#641 Post by Steel Frog » 15 Nov 2006, 10:11

Buckykatt wrote:I can't guarantee that this is legit, but since the site shows other residential listings in the area, it at least appears to be on the level.

Anyone want to buy a famous historic home?

http://www.faulknerrealestate.com/index ... 10&mid=430
Only if it's in Iowa.

What, Kansas? Oh, Hell no. Get that s*** outta here.

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt
Posts: 14573
Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Gender: Male
Location: Harlem rock city
Contact:

#642 Post by bing » 15 Nov 2006, 10:14


User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#643 Post by bratzks » 15 Nov 2006, 10:19

:lol: Someone at Google is a fan.
Image Image Image

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6193
Joined: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48
Gender: Male
Location: The Balcony
Contact:

#644 Post by DrG » 15 Nov 2006, 11:05

Nunis wrote:
That was awesome. I can't stop watching it.
Awesome indeed.

And :lol: to "more cowbell" ;)
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8494
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

#645 Post by Middle » 17 Nov 2006, 03:26

Talking about police brutality.......
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#646 Post by Gren » 19 Nov 2006, 04:36

This article seems like it may interest Frog and others (if only to prove sesquipedalianism and intellect aren't the same thing).
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#647 Post by bratzks » 19 Nov 2006, 14:16

Lots of cool pics. here.
http://www.doctormacro.com/index.html
Image Image Image

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5935
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#648 Post by TK421 » 21 Nov 2006, 08:56

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... rss&rpc=22

Now, if Batman happens to read this, I've gotta ask if your friend Bruce Wayne made the list.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#649 Post by bratzks » 21 Nov 2006, 09:04

TK421 wrote:http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... rss&rpc=22

Now, if Batman happens to read this, I've gotta ask if your friend Bruce Wayne made the list.
:D This might fit better in the "People who get paid to study things are A-holes" thread.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29940
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

#650 Post by Batman » 22 Nov 2006, 06:58

bratzks wrote:
TK421 wrote:http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... rss&rpc=22

Now, if Batman happens to read this, I've gotta ask if your friend Bruce Wayne made the list.
:D This might fit better in the "People who get paid to study things are A-holes" thread.
I hear Wayne would have made the list if he didn't have to spend a bundle rebuilding his house.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

Post Reply