FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 17:50

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216  Next
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 15:29 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

These are pretty close:

Tallboy West

Lightning Cruz

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 20:35 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

those do look pretty related

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 06:43 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Anybody ever see a light bulb this small (measures about .5 inch long)? No markings. Trying to find replacements.
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

Came from an Ikea Star Shaped Light we hang in our windows for the holidays. Did try Ikea website, could not find. These were purchased over 12 years ago, so assuming they've discontinued them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 07:27 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
Anybody ever see a light bulb this small (measures about .5 inch long)? No markings. Trying to find replacements.
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

Came from an Ikea Star Shaped Light we hang in our windows for the holidays. Did try Ikea website, could not find. These were purchased over 12 years ago, so assuming they've discontinued them.

Try this site. A quick search got me here. Looks pretty close, although the thread looks like it spins in the wrong direction.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/light-bulb/miniature/pygmy/screw

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 09:03 

sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

Try this site. A quick search got me here. Looks pretty close, although the thread looks like it spins in the wrong direction.

That bulb would not work as the glass part is too "stout" (light needs to slide into a tube in the star), BUT the website does as I've found a couple under miniature>tube>screw that look like they might work.

Thank you Senor Dawgs :D

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 14:15 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

That bulb would not work as the glass part is too "stout" (light needs to slide into a tube in the star), BUT the website does as I've found a couple under miniature>tube>screw that look like they might work.

No problem Senor Shoes

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 14:36 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

No problem Senor Shoes

Señor Zapatos
FTFY :tongue:

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 16:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

No problem Senor Shoes

Señor Zapatos

Señor Zapatos
AEPT (arreglado eso para ti) *walks away slowly*

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 08:10 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
redamin wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Attachment:
Light Bulb.jpg

No problem Senor Shoes

Señor Zapatos

Señor Zapatos
AEPT (arreglado eso para ti) *walks away slowly*

WD

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2018, 05:32 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Does anyone know the name of the song and artist for the final dance scene in The Artist? One would think this was easily Googlable.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2018, 06:18 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the song and artist for the final dance scene in The Artist? One would think this was easily Googlable.

According to Siri, it is "Peppy and George" by Ludovic Bource played in the movie by Ernst Van Tiel & the Brussels Philharmonic. Looks like Ludovic Bource was the films composer because most of the songs were his. Wikipedia also says this
Quote:
The film's climactic scene is set to Bernard Herrmann's "Scène d'amour" from his score to Alfred Hitchcock's film Vertigo. In Vertigo, that composition similarly accompanies an extended scene without dialogue.

So it may be the upbeat part is Peppy and George and the slower ballroom dance part is Scène d'amour.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2018, 06:56 

sldawgs wrote:
Batman wrote:

According to Siri, it is "Peppy and George" by Ludovic Bource played in the movie by Ernst Van Tiel & the Brussels Philharmonic. Looks like Ludovic Bource was the films composer because most of the songs were his. Wikipedia also says this
Quote:
The film's climactic scene is set to Bernard Herrmann's "Scène d'amour" from his score to Alfred Hitchcock's film Vertigo. In Vertigo, that composition similarly accompanies an extended scene without dialogue.

So it may be the upbeat part is Peppy and George and the slower ballroom dance part is Scène d'amour.

Thanks, 'dawgs. "Peppy and George" was what I was looking for. I thought it was a much older song by Duke Ellington or some other big band leader.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 19:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Two questions, primarily for the British FWers, though all information from anywhere is welcome:

1. Is the term “jugs” as slang for tits common/known in the UK?
2. On the GBBO, there’s a potholder-y type thing many contestants use, that looks like a narrow kitchen towel and pockets sewn in either end for you to put your hands in. Does that have a specific name?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2018, 08:30 

Buckykatt wrote:
Two questions, primarily for the British FWers, though all information from anywhere is welcome:

2. On the GBBO, there’s a potholder-y type thing many contestants use, that looks like a narrow kitchen towel and pockets sewn in either end for you to put your hands in. Does that have a specific name?

Thanks in advance!

Although I think anyone in the UK would understand "jugs" in the American colloquial sense, I don't think I've ever heard anyone use that term.

I think they call the two-handed pot holders "oven gloves" or "double oven gloves".

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2018, 08:33 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Although I think anyone in the UK would understand "jugs" in the American colloquial sense, I don't think I've ever heard anyone use that term.

I think they call the two-handed pot holders "oven gloves" or "double oven gloves".

For Christmas Sheila1313 got something like the oven glove thing where you could hang it around your neck like a scarf but had mitts at the end so you could use it as oven mitts. I'm not sure what it is called but is that what you were thinking of? I can ask my mom what it is called, she was with my aunt when they bought it.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2018, 15:57 

sldawgs wrote:
Batman wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:

Thanks in advance!

For Christmas Sheila1313 got something like the oven glove thing where you could hang it around your neck like a scarf but had mitts at the end so you could use it as oven mitts. I'm not sure what it is called but is that what you were thinking of? I can ask my mom what it is called, she was with my aunt when they bought it.

Seeing a bunch on Amazon. Looks like it's commonly called Double Oven Mitt - thinking I need to get some.

When you say GBBO I think I know to which you refer, then dibs :D

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 13:15 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Asking a favor ... if you're not playing HQ already, download the app to your phone and use my name "Scruluce"

If you are playing, send me a friend request. It's free to play, and offers cash prizes if you manage to ace the 12 round quiz (twice daily thru the week, and once a day on weekends)

PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 10:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Asking a favor ... if you're not playing HQ already, download the app to your phone and use my name "Scruluce"

If you are playing, send me a friend request. It's free to play, and offers cash prizes if you manage to ace the 12 round quiz (twice daily thru the week, and once a day on weekends)

Sent you a friend request. Add me back, or however that works.

Have you won yet? I've got one W under my belt - a whole $2.79 sitting in my account. Woohoo.

PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 23:48 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

justdrewit wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Sent you a friend request. Add me back, or however that works.

Have you won yet? I've got one W under my belt - a whole $2.79 sitting in my account. Woohoo.

no wins yet.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 10:12 

Has anyone read Stephen King's Doctor Sleep? Just heard about an upcoming movie sequel, and didn't realize he had written a sequel. Read him through the 70's & 80's,but sort of fell off my reading list after Insomnia.

Just looking to see if it's worth a read......

PS: I did LOVE The Shining

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 10:56 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
Has anyone read Stephen King's Doctor Sleep? Just heard about an upcoming movie sequel, and didn't realize he had written a sequel. Read him through the 70's & 80's,but sort of fell off my reading list after Insomnia.

Just looking to see if it's worth a read......

PS: I did LOVE The Shining

And Ewan McGregor is the grown up Danny Lloyd. Haven't read the book yet though.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 07:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

It’s been a while since I read it, but I enjoyed the book a lot. I still bridle a bit at it being called a sequel, though—without giving anything away, there’s really no through story line, just a character from a prior book. Except for one brief (admittedly crucial) scene, there’s really no connection to the earlier story other than the presence of Danny. You wouldn’t call the Nero Wolf or Travis McGee books “sequels” because they’re all stand-alone plots, just with the same characters. I think that’s closer to what we have here—-but definitely an enjoyable read.

(And if you haven’t read Stevie the K since Insomnia, you have a lot of very pleasurable catching up to do. Duma Key and Lisey’s Story are highlights for me, and I’m currently re-reading the Finders Keepers trilogy.)

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 14:00 

Buckykatt wrote:
It’s been a while since I read it, but I enjoyed the book a lot. I still bridle a bit at it being called a sequel, though—without giving anything away, there’s really no through story line, just a character from a prior book. Except for one brief (admittedly crucial) scene, there’s really no connection to the earlier story other than the presence of Danny. You wouldn’t call the Nero Wolf or Travis McGee books “sequels” because they’re all stand-alone plots, just with the same characters. I think that’s closer to what we have here—-but definitely an enjoyable read.

(And if you haven’t read Stevie the K since Insomnia, you have a lot of very pleasurable catching up to do. Duma Key and Lisey’s Story are highlights for me, and I’m currently re-reading the Finders Keepers trilogy.)

Thanks for your insight Bucky the K ;)

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2018, 18:01 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

NoShoes wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:

Thanks for your insight Bucky the K ;)

I'm buried under a mountain of Game of Thrones books and still have The Hellfire Club on my bedside table to get to. Once I finish all of these expect me to come back to get those book recommendations from you. At a time I had read everything K had written that I could get my hands on, but that was 20 years ago so there's a ton of catching up to do.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2018, 12:37 

I was watching the end of X-Men: The Last Stand...

....and I understand why it was up to Wolverine to stop Phoenix, and I understand why his X-Men uniform shirt/jacket disintegrated while his flesh regenerated.....

But why are his pants still on? It only looks like a small portion got affected, while his entire upper body is bare.

I'm thinking we got robbed! (or does Hugh Jackman have a "no-buns" clause in his contracts).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216  Next