FilmWise Forums
It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 22:03

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216  Next
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 10:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
So how many people are thinking, "I wish they would hit their milestones soon. spymeg is fine, but you can only take so much of that dawgs guy."

No one could be thinking this. Impossible.

:lol: :lol: Maybe they are though...no one is around but us!

lies

Oh crap, smithee burn!

That's gonna leave a mark

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 10:34 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
So how many people are thinking, "I wish they would hit their milestones soon. spymeg is fine, but you can only take so much of that dawgs guy."

Oops, I think the answer is at least 1. Sorry Bats.

Batman wrote:
The "Mark forums read" button is on the top right of the page.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 10:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Batman wrote:

Well, we aren't the first to be post whores...and won't be the last. :D

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 04:58 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Batman wrote:

True, I think it was because we were post humping together. Double the humps.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 08:16 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Batman wrote:

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 09:05 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Agrajag wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Batman wrote:

I don't even know what that means.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 10:34 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Batman wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Batman wrote:

I don't even know what that means.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2016, 12:54 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

I recorded the Outsiders this morning. Watching it now but there's all this really bad 50s music kinda stapled on really badly. Has George Lucas been given editing duties if something? (Seriously, this music wasn't always there right?!?)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 15:37 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Question
Sound Bar vs full blown Home Theater system?

Looking to get one or the other. Living room is fairly small (may sound large to some) - 15 x 12. My TV is 42" flat screen on a TV stand/cabinet

Thinking HT would be best surround sound, but thinking SB would be less of a hassle and sound upgrade would be good enough.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 05:37 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

NoShoes wrote:
Question

Looking to get one or the other. Living room is fairly small (may sound large to some) - 15 x 12. My TV is 42" flat screen on a TV stand/cabinet

Thinking HT would be best surround sound, but thinking SB would be less of a hassle and sound upgrade would be good enough.

Thoughts?

I have a sound bar and it's a definite upgrade over the TV sound, but I am in an apartment so I didn't want to go too big.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 07:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

I have a sound bar and it's a definite upgrade over the TV sound, but I am in an apartment so I didn't want to go too big.

I have a surround sound system, which is fairly cheap (Onkyo, second-hand speakers) and not too hard to set up. Only problem is setting up the satellite speakers, which usually require cables to run through your room (I was lucky enough the former home-owner pulled cables beneath the floorboards) and you need to be able to set these up somewhere. Of course, you can choose to get wireless speakers, but this is obviously more expensive. But there are excellent soundbars or 2.1 systems available that give you more than enough 'surround' sound.

You can probably get a lot of information on sites like Practical Home Theater Guide.
Oh, and don't fall for expensive HDMI cables. Settle for the $10 ones, which are just as good as the cables that cost 10x that amount.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 07:10 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

I have a surround sound system, which is fairly cheap (Onkyo, second-hand speakers) and not too hard to set up. Only problem is setting up the satellite speakers, which usually require cables to run through your room (I was lucky enough the former home-owner pulled cables beneath the floorboards) and you need to be able to set these up somewhere. Of course, you can choose to get wireless speakers, but this is obviously more expensive. But there are excellent soundbars or 2.1 systems available that give you more than enough 'surround' sound.

You can probably get a lot of information on sites like Practical Home Theater Guide.
Oh, and don't fall for expensive HDMI cables. Settle for the $10 ones, which are just as good as the cables that cost 10x that amount.

I have a sound bar with a subwoofer for our main TV and it works great for us. The den it's in is about 14' x 20'. I had surround sound in the living room at my old house, and I think I prefer the current setup.

And :green: regarding the cables.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 07:44 

knarf wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

I have a sound bar with a subwoofer for our main TV and it works great for us. The den it's in is about 14' x 20'. I had surround sound in the living room at my old house, and I think I prefer the current setup.

Thanks all :D and :green: :green: on the cables. Fell for that the first time I went HDMI.....never again :tongue:

PS: looks like an awesome guide....thanks again

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 08:21 

NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

Thanks all :D and :green: :green: on the cables. Fell for that the first time I went HDMI.....never again :tongue:

Don't forget to get the TK-421 mod. It kicks it up another three or four... uh, quads per channel.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 09:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
knarf wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

Don't forget to get the TK-421 mod. It kicks it up another three or four... uh, quads per channel.

Makes you want to get all freaky deaky.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016, 09:44 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Batman wrote:

clap clap clap

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2016, 12:41 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

knarf wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

hmm... the reviews for this cable make it sound like it's work the few extra dollars

PostPosted: 01 May 2016, 08:11 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

alan smithee wrote:
knarf wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

hmm... the reviews for this cable make it sound like it's work the few extra dollars

:lol:

PostPosted: 01 May 2016, 09:24 

knarf wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
knarf wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
Question

Thoughts?

PostPosted: 20 May 2016, 11:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Am I the only one who would think it would be awesome if they do make a Spaceballs 2 AND include a rehash of the raspberry jam sequence?

Oh yeah, the kicker would be that this time the problem would be fixed by a cameo from Matt, radar technician.

PostPosted: 21 May 2016, 02:03 

TK421 wrote:
Am I the only one who would think it would be awesome if they do make a Spaceballs 2 AND include a rehash of the raspberry jam sequence?

Oh yeah, the kicker would be that this time the problem would be fixed by a cameo from Matt, radar technician.

I hated Spaceballs, but an inclusion of Matt could be awesome.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 19:23 

does anyone know if this font has a name or if there are other examples of it? (or at least something similar?)

(seriously)

(click to embiggen)

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 00:08 

Its lousy penmanship, that's for sure

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 01:43 

A² wrote:

It certainly looks like it's gone to Hell-vetica.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 04:37 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
A² wrote:

It certainly looks like it's gone to Hell-vetica.

And what do they have against golf?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216  Next