Actors and Actresses are all A-holes

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#151 Post by Steel Frog » 29 Nov 2006, 09:21

JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:I read some stuff about this on IMDB, but apparently someone recorded it with his/her cell phone. I always thought Kramer was a little overrated, but this guy is seriously unfunny...

Michael Richards going nuts...
Perhaps the character Kramer is overrated, but this is Michael Richards (not doing Kramer). And this clip is very out of context. (Though he's still not funny and appears to quite the asshole.)

Don't we have a discussion of this somewhere? And the follow up crap on Letterman is at least mildly surreal.
Yeah, saw that too. I agree that this clip may be out of context, but that doesn't really justify him yelling all this.
I found the Letterman response awfully strange. He really sat there with the satellite connection for four minutes looking like shit. Hell, this will probably ruin the rest of his carreer...
On a brighter note, his career was probably already over anyway.
Well, yeah...at least, I don't think you can get much better than be one of the main characters on one of the most succesful sitcoms of all time...
That's an interesting thought. Whom else does that/did that describe? Alan Alda? Bill Cosby? Certainly Jennifer Aniston didn't peak, or did she?

We need a "who has peaked?" thread. Someone hit the JJ signal.
IIRC, we actually had a "actors/actresses who have jumped the shark" thread. Someone contact the FW historian.
Reminds me to be thankful that Ron Howard, who could certainly be described by m1ddle's description above and JJ's description not-so-above, still had plenty of career left.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#152 Post by alan smithee » 29 Nov 2006, 11:19

Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
m1ddle wrote:I read some stuff about this on IMDB, but apparently someone recorded it with his/her cell phone. I always thought Kramer was a little overrated, but this guy is seriously unfunny...

Michael Richards going nuts...
Perhaps the character Kramer is overrated, but this is Michael Richards (not doing Kramer). And this clip is very out of context. (Though he's still not funny and appears to quite the asshole.)

Don't we have a discussion of this somewhere? And the follow up crap on Letterman is at least mildly surreal.
Yeah, saw that too. I agree that this clip may be out of context, but that doesn't really justify him yelling all this.
I found the Letterman response awfully strange. He really sat there with the satellite connection for four minutes looking like shit. Hell, this will probably ruin the rest of his carreer...
On a brighter note, his career was probably already over anyway.
Well, yeah...at least, I don't think you can get much better than be one of the main characters on one of the most succesful sitcoms of all time...
That's an interesting thought. Whom else does that/did that describe? Alan Alda? Bill Cosby? Certainly Jennifer Aniston didn't peak, or did she?

We need a "who has peaked?" thread. Someone hit the JJ signal.
IIRC, we actually had a "actors/actresses who have jumped the shark" thread. Someone contact the FW historian.
Reminds me to be thankful that Ron Howard, who could certainly be described by m1ddle's description above and JJ's description not-so-above, still had plenty of career left.
Cosby's too busy with activism stuff to do any acting. Alda got his first Oscar nomination recently (and his first Emmy for Supporting Actor :roll:).
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#153 Post by TK421 » 30 Nov 2006, 07:12

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/ame ... 023859.ece
Lohan offers words of condolence to Altman's family: 'Be adequite'
By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
Published: 29 November 2006

There are those who have been moved to great eloquence and passion by the death of the eminent film director Robert Altman. And then there is Lindsay Lohan.

The 20-year-old actress, who scored a part in Altman's last movie, A Prairie Home Companion, made the interesting decision to go public with a condolence letter she wrote to the Altman family in the wake of his death from cancer last week. The passion was certainly there - she, like many dozens of actors before her, clearly adored the experience of working in Altman's characteristic freeform style - but the letter was also spectacular in its incoherence and disregard of basic grammar and spelling.

"I am lucky enough to of been able to work with Robert Altman amongst the other greats on a film that I can genuinely say created a turning point in my career," she began, less than certainly. "He was the closest thing to my father and grandfather that I really do believe I've had in several years... He left us with a legend that all of us have the ability to do." A little lower down, she fell into improv philosophy, apparently riffing on the notion that life is too short to waste: "Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourselves' (12st book) - everytime there's a triumph in the world a million souls hafta be trampled on. - altman Its true. But treasure each triumph as they come." And she signed off, "Be adequite. Lindsay Lohan."

The letter has become the talk of Hollywood since its release over the weekend. Was the actress on a misguided - and utterly botched - quest for publicity, exploiting the death of a revered director for her own purposes? Had she been on one of her legendary party benders? Or was this Exhibit A for the indictment of America's education system?

Lohan fans sought to argue that the letter really was not that incoherent after all - the errors no worse than the average teenage e-mail exchange.

Patt Morrison, a columnist with the Los Angeles Times, begged to differ, calling the letter "alarmingly incoherent" and questioning what it was Lohan had learnt at the Long Island schools that gave her straight As.

"As for the brilliant Mr Altman himself," Ms Morrison added, "I suspect he might find sardonic comedic potential in all of this."
And this is the proof that society is falling down around us.

bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

#154 Post by bratzks » 30 Nov 2006, 07:47

from here
Tina Fey: Paris Hilton Is A “Piece of Sh-t”

FilmMagic.comTina Fey, the former head writer of Saturday Night Live, and creator and star of the new NBC show, 30 Rock, dropped by Howard Stern’s Sirius Satellite radio show on Wednesday to share her thoughts on various past SNL guest hosts.

She revealed that Paris Hilton asked the writers to make a skit in which she could play Jessica Simpson "because I hate her…she's fat.” Fey also claims that Paris was so self-centered that staffers had a bet going on as to whether she would ask anyone something personal (like "How are you?") during her week on-set. They only lost when she asked, “Is Maya Rudolph Italian?" (she's half Black, half Jewish).

In excerpts from the interview below, Tina dishes more on Paris, Matthew McConaughey (See: personal hygiene, lack thereof) and losing her own virginity.

On her virginity:
TF: I was 24 when I lost my virginity. I was still a virgin when I met my husband.

HS: Why do you think that is, you were the hot girl on SNL?

TF: I don't know, I was a drama major, so it was me and 100 gay guys, so maybe that was my problem.

On Paris Hilton:
HS: What is Paris Hilton like?

TF: She's a piece of sh-t. The people at SNL were like maybe she'll be fun, maybe she won't take herself so seriously. She takes herself so seriously! She's unbelievably dumb and so proud of how dumb she is. She looks like a tranny up close.

HS: Was she bad on SNL, was she hard to deal with?

TF: She was awful. People never come in and say "I'm not doing that." So, this guy Jim Downey wrote a really really funny sketch, it was supposed to be Lorne Michaels just finding out that she had a sex tape and telling her she couldn't host the show because SNL has standards... So she was like "I'm not doing it!" and refused to come out of her dressing room. Also, you would walk down the hall and find what just looked like nasty wads of Barbie hair on the stairs... Her hair is like a Fraggle.

HS: Did she give you ideas for sketches?

TF: Yeah, she wanted to make fun of all the girls she hates. She was like "I want to play Jessica Simpson, I hate her." She would come in the room and say "you should do a show about Jessica Simpson because she's fat."

HS: What was the bet you guys had going about her?

TF: The cast had a bet if she would ask anyone on the cast anything about themselves, you know like how are you? where are you from? anything. I think Seth Meyers won because at one point, she asked him if Maya Rudolf was Italian.
Image Image Image

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#155 Post by Middle » 30 Nov 2006, 07:59

bratzks wrote:from here

FilmMagic.comTina Fey, the former head writer of Saturday Night Live, and creator and star of the new NBC show, 30 Rock, dropped by Howard Stern’s Sirius Satellite radio show on Wednesday to share her thoughts on various past SNL guest hosts.

She revealed that Paris Hilton asked the writers to make a skit in which she could play Jessica Simpson "because I hate her…she's fat.” Fey also claims that Paris was so self-centered that staffers had a bet going on as to whether she would ask anyone something personal (like "How are you?") during her week on-set. They only lost when she asked, “Is Maya Rudolph Italian?" (she's half Black, half Jewish).

In excerpts from the interview below, Tina dishes more on Paris, Matthew McConaughey (See: personal hygiene, lack thereof) and losing her own virginity.

On her virginity:
TF: I was 24 when I lost my virginity. I was still a virgin when I met my husband.

TF: I don't know, I was a drama major, so it was me and 100 gay guys, so maybe that was my problem.

On Paris Hilton:

TF: She's a piece of sh-t. The people at SNL were like maybe she'll be fun, maybe she won't take herself so seriously. She takes herself so seriously! She's unbelievably dumb and so proud of how dumb she is. She looks like a tranny up close.

TF: She was awful. People never come in and say "I'm not doing that." So, this guy Jim Downey wrote a really really funny sketch, it was supposed to be Lorne Michaels just finding out that she had a sex tape and telling her she couldn't host the show because SNL has standards... So she was like "I'm not doing it!" and refused to come out of her dressing room. Also, you would walk down the hall and find what just looked like nasty wads of Barbie hair on the stairs... Her hair is like a Fraggle.

TF: Yeah, she wanted to make fun of all the girls she hates. She was like "I want to play Jessica Simpson, I hate her." She would come in the room and say "you should do a show about Jessica Simpson because she's fat."

TF: The cast had a bet if she would ask anyone on the cast anything about themselves, you know like how are you? where are you from? anything. I think Seth Meyers won because at one point, she asked him if Maya Rudolf was Italian.
Then again, can we call Paris Hilton an actress??
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

bratzks

#156 Post by bratzks » 30 Nov 2006, 08:02

m1ddle wrote:

On her virginity:

On Paris Hilton:

True, but it was too funny to pass up.
Image Image Image

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#157 Post by Middle » 30 Nov 2006, 08:12

bratzks wrote:
m1ddle wrote:

On her virginity:

On Paris Hilton:

True, but it was too funny to pass up.
Yeah, it was funny. Can't we just start a new thread "Paris Hilton is a Ho!"?

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#158 Post by JJ » 11 Dec 2006, 10:57

TMZ wrote:Nicole Richie Popped for DUI

Posted Dec 11th 2006 11:01AM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest brush with the law.

You think with her frame that there's a legitimate case to be made that it was a contact high?
La la la la la.

bratzks

#159 Post by bratzks » 11 Dec 2006, 11:16

85 lbs!? What a porker! How can she carry around that much weight all the time?
Image Image Image

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#160 Post by JJ » 11 Dec 2006, 12:35

Breitbart wrote: Tenor Walks Off Stage at La Scala

Tenor Roberto Alagna broke his contract by walking out of a performance of "Aida" at La Scala after being booed, and he will not sing for the remaining scheduled performances, a spokesman for the opera house said Monday.

Alagna stunned the audience and his colleagues by marching off the stage after the audience booed him following the opening aria Aida" on Sunday night. An understudy wearing jeans took over immediately.

Despite his reaction, Alagna told a news conference on Monday that he intended to sing as scheduled on Thursday. But management at the famed opera house said that would not happen.

"It's been brought to our attention Roberto Alagna's intention to return to La Scala for the next performance," spokesman Carlo Maria Cella said. "His behavior has created a rift between the artist and the audience, and there is no possibility of repairing this relationship."

Cella said Alagna had technically broken the contract, and that the legal office would evaluate what action to take.

"I do not deserve this kind of reception," Alagna told La Repubblica newspaper after his early exit from the performance.

"What else could I do?" Alagna said in an interview Monday with Italy's Tg5 news. "Did I have to stay there ... until my voice broke?"

La Scala general manager Stephane Lissner released a statement in which he appeared to condemn behavior on both sides.

He criticized the incident as "an obvious lack of respect to the public and the theater," but added that "I have always maintained that artists are at the center of a theatrical project and we are here to support them, to guarantee the best conditions for them so that they can do their jobs."

Thursday night's opening of Zeffirelli's "Aida" was a much-anticipated event, with Italian Premier Romano Prodi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel among the many prominent figures in attendance.

That audience applauded for more than 15 minutes after the final curtain fell, standing to cheer Zeffirelli, conductor Riccardo Chailly and a cast led by the Lithuanian mezzo-soprano Violeta Urmana in the title role and Alagna as Radames.

But the second performance did not go quite as smoothly.

The audience erupted in boos and whistles when Alagna came on stage and began singing the big aria "Celeste Aida." Alagna stopped, looked at the public, then walked off, according to Italian news reports. Understudy Antonello Palombi, still in jeans, rushed out.

Lissner apologized to the audience before the opening of the third act.

"In many years at La Scala I had never seen anything like what happened tonight," Chailly told reporters after the performance.

The next performance was scheduled for Tuesday night.
Alagna's crack in Celeste Aida happened just as he was getting into the chorus, the words of which loosely translate as "When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange..."
La la la la la.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#161 Post by JJ » 14 Feb 2007, 13:20

The Sun Online wrote:And daily [Robbie Williams] gets through an incredible 36 super-strength double espresso coffees, 60 Silk Cut cigarettes and around 20 cans of energy drink Red Bull.
Best punchline wins FW Poster of the Week.
La la la la la.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#162 Post by TK421 » 14 Feb 2007, 13:47

JJ wrote:
The Sun Online wrote:And daily [Robbie Williams] gets through an incredible 36 super-strength double espresso coffees, 60 Silk Cut cigarettes and around 20 cans of energy drink Red Bull.
Jeez, if I had that in me, I'd tear off my own skin, too.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#163 Post by DrG » 14 Feb 2007, 14:41

TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:
Jeez, if I had that in me, I'd tear off my own skin, too.
It's actually rather sad. Although I'm totally biased as I love Robbie to bits, so I'll spare you my gushing about it all.

The article in the Sun (hardly the cornerstone of British reporting) says that Robbie doesn't usually get to sleep until 4 or 5am. Is it any wonder if he's downing that much coffee and Red Bull. It doesn't take a bloody doctor to work that one out :doh:
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#164 Post by JJ » 14 Feb 2007, 14:49

DrG wrote:The article in the Sun (hardly the cornerstone of British reporting) says that Robbie doesn't usually get to sleep until 4 or 5am. Is it any wonder if he's downing that much coffee and Red Bull. It doesn't take a bloody doctor to work that one out :doh:
You think the two are connected?
La la la la la.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#165 Post by DrG » 14 Feb 2007, 14:54

JJ wrote:
DrG wrote:The article in the Sun (hardly the cornerstone of British reporting) says that Robbie doesn't usually get to sleep until 4 or 5am. Is it any wonder if he's downing that much coffee and Red Bull. It doesn't take a bloody doctor to work that one out :doh:
I'm not sure. I'm only a pretend doctor ;)
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#166 Post by Buckykatt » 14 Feb 2007, 15:39

But enough about his enemas.....

(someoen had to go for the cheap easy shot)

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#167 Post by Batman » 15 Feb 2007, 00:35

Buckykatt wrote:
But enough about his enemas...
:lol: I think we have a winner.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#168 Post by Steel Frog » 15 Feb 2007, 09:13

DrG wrote:
JJ wrote:
I'm not sure. I'm only a pretend doctor ;)
I play one on TV.

Lobelia Overhill
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#169 Post by Lobelia Overhill » 15 Feb 2007, 13:55

JJ wrote:
...and a partridge in a pear tree
"Did I not just use the word 'puzzling'?"

Image Image Image

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#170 Post by JJ » 17 Mar 2007, 07:38

Carol Burnett sues TV's "Family Guy" cartoon
Carol, the entire purpose of your career was so that people could mock you. It's given you all you have -- enjoy it, say "thank you", and move on your way.
La la la la la.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: Actors and Actresses are all A-holes

#171 Post by Middle » 06 Feb 2009, 04:38

Aranofsky defends Bale.

This seems like the best place for further discussion on the matter.

TravisBickle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#172 Post by TravisBickle » 06 Feb 2009, 04:46

Middle wrote:Aranofsky defends Bale.

This seems like the best place for further discussion on the matter.
I'm just glad that we got the low down from the uber director Michael Winner. I can rest easy now that I've got the official line on the matter.
It's Business As Usual

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#173 Post by Middle » 17 Aug 2011, 06:03

Toto le Héros wrote:Gerard Depardieu is a method actor : He must have been rehearsing for the Manneken-Pis character... (Or is it Man can't Piss ?).
Probably the thread Toto was looking for.

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#174 Post by Bill » 18 Aug 2011, 20:28

Middle wrote:
Toto le Héros wrote:Gerard Depardieu is a method actor : He must have been rehearsing for the Manneken-Pis character... (Or is it Man can't Piss ?).
Not to be outdone by the French, Nick Nolte took a shit on a Greyhound bus.

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

#175 Post by Dawson » 18 Aug 2011, 22:22

Bill wrote:
Middle wrote:
Not to be outdone by the French, Nick Nolte took a shit on a Greyhound bus.
:lol: - and thats the coffee on the keyboard
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.