FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 05:33

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2018, 04:27 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28945
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Not a movie line, but the other day one of the younger guys at work (probably mid-20s) said in response to someone else, "Not gonna do it." So I pipe up with, "Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent." He replies, "My dad says that all the time. What's that from?" So I had to explain a bit about the second golden age of "SNL" and Dana Carvey's imitation of President Bush.

No, not that one. The first one.

I felt kind of old. Then I remembered, "Oh, yeah. I am old."

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2018, 11:49 
Offline
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Posts: 16811
Batman wrote:
Not a movie line, but the other day one of the younger guys at work (probably mid-20s) said in response to someone else, "Not gonna do it." So I pipe up with, "Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent." He replies, "My dad says that all the time. What's that from?" So I had to explain a bit about the second golden age of "SNL" and Dana Carvey's imitation of President Bush.

No, not that one. The first one.

I felt kind of old. Then I remembered, "Oh, yeah. I am old."

I got to the first "Not gonna do it" and starting LMAO :lol: awesome.....

PS: been having these "God I'm Old" moments since my 30's :tongue:

_________________
Finally! Spring :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2018, 11:56 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48149
Location: Rocket City
NoShoes wrote:
Batman wrote:
Not a movie line, but the other day one of the younger guys at work (probably mid-20s) said in response to someone else, "Not gonna do it." So I pipe up with, "Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent." He replies, "My dad says that all the time. What's that from?" So I had to explain a bit about the second golden age of "SNL" and Dana Carvey's imitation of President Bush.

No, not that one. The first one.

I felt kind of old. Then I remembered, "Oh, yeah. I am old."

I got to the first "Not gonna do it" and starting LMAO :lol: awesome.....

PS: been having these "God I'm Old" moments since my 30's :tongue:


"Has it really been 20 years since my first 'God I'm old' moment? Good God I'm old."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018, 08:44 
Offline
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Posts: 16811
Was just on a call discussing a construction project on the campus of MIT. When asked if I had gotten started on engineering records (our last call was in Dec) I stated I'm still working on it. One of my peers laughed and stated "You've only had two months". I stated, "As Luther noted ---


No one got the reference.

_________________
Finally! Spring :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 07:56 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Quote:
I believe the only way to save Hawaii is to sacrifice a sitting president to the angry volcano gods.
I saw this comment in a trivia app's social space the other day and couldn't resist asking, "Does he have a brain cloud?"
no one commenting caught the reference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 13:42 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 13839
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
a coworker and I were emailing back and forth regarding charges for a customer's internet services (through another provider).

coworker: "Wow!! That is one expensive connection." (top line connection of 10 Mb down/2 Mb up for $100/mo)
Scruluce: "That’s nuts! N-v-t-s, nuts!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 15:46 
Offline
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Posts: 16811
Scruluce wrote:
a coworker and I were emailing back and forth regarding charges for a customer's internet services (through another provider).

coworker: "Wow!! That is one expensive connection." (top line connection of 10 Mb down/2 Mb up for $100/mo)
Scruluce: "That’s nuts! N-v-t-s, nuts!"

:lol:

_________________
Finally! Spring :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group