Random thing that proves you're a dumbass...

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Re: Random thing that proves you're a dumbass...

#626 Post by Dawson » 12 May 2011, 00:03

When playing the dibs game, don't say it out loud, especially if she has just parked in her convertable
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#627 Post by TK421 » 29 Jun 2011, 10:18

Since we still don't have thread for how others prove themselves to be dumbasses...

I just heard this end of a phone conversation a coworker was having.

"Get some juice...it's not Juicy Juice...I don't know the brand name, but it's the one with a little Hawaiian guy on it...it's punch flavored."

1) I wonder if she enjoyed "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."
2) Who considers that juice?

McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

#628 Post by McT » 29 Jun 2011, 19:31

I was trying to determine where coolant was leaking from car. Filled it up and waited. Nothing happened. Figured maybe I needed to have the engine running. Still nothing. Guess I''ll try driving a bit. Immediately drive through an enormous puddle. Yeah, now liquid is dripping from everywhere.
Squirrel!

Dawson

#629 Post by Dawson » 02 Jul 2011, 23:14

So I booked next week off as holiday, thought I would go visit my dad in the country, get away from London for a bit. But I forgot to tell him this, and he's on holiday all week. Therefore I will spending the week drinking and watching movies instead, which is now a random thing that will be awesome
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

justdrewit
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#630 Post by justdrewit » 05 Jul 2011, 02:59

I decided to park my Jeep at work, catch the metro into DC with some friends, and do touristy stuff since it was a holiday weekend and we hadn't started drinking yet. It had been hot and sunny all week so I've had the top down. Unfortunately, when we were leaving the American History Musuem at the Smithsonian, it was a terrential downpour. My Jeep has smelled like a moldy lockerroom for 3 days now. On a positive note, we met Kenny Mayne at the museum.
Man, what is happenin'? Long time, no see.

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#631 Post by Mazer » 24 Jul 2011, 07:47

So, I was going over to friends' last night to babysit for them, and decided to walk. It's about 50 minutes, and so I checked the weather report to see if it was too hot to wear jeans. I caught enough to figure out that it was, but somehow missed the imminent rainstorm warning. Got caught halfway there, it started ouring and I end up utterly soaked through, needing to borrow clothes, ipod stopped working and everything. If I had just been caught in the rain, whatever, but the fact that I checked the weather channel right makes me deserve a :roll: .

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#632 Post by Steel Frog » 24 Jul 2011, 08:34

Mazer wrote:So, I was going over to friends' last night to babysit for them, and decided to walk. It's about 50 minutes, and so I checked the weather report to see if it was too hot to wear jeans. I caught enough to figure out that it was, but somehow missed the imminent rainstorm warning. Got caught halfway there, it started ouring and I end up utterly soaked through, needing to borrow clothes, ipod stopped working and everything. If I had just been caught in the rain, whatever, but the fact that I checked the weather channel right makes me deserve a :roll: .
"I was trying to teach your children a valuable lesson."

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#633 Post by Scruluce » 24 Jul 2011, 14:16

Died of an overdose, in spite of multiple rehab stays and support of family and friends...

...too soon?
...unless something better's on TV

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#634 Post by Will » 04 Aug 2011, 12:27

I let my boss talk me into trying Quibids. Instant buyer's remorse. What a dumb ass thing to do. I did however figure a way out of just losing $60.00 and ended up only throwing away $7.52. I am the proud owner of $70.00 worth of Wal-Mart gift cards that I paid $77.52 for. Dumb ass.
Don't try Quibids, it is nothing more than a gambling website.
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#635 Post by AngelTash » 29 Dec 2011, 08:24

My commute to work is about 55 miles one way (just a little over an hour), and I wear Adidas slippers while I'm driving because it's comfortable. Normally, I leave my little black flats (work shoes) in my car so I don't forget to bring them with me. This morning when I got to work, I went to get my work shoes out of the back seat area, and they weren't there. I don't know why I took them into the house, but now I am stuck wearing my slippers at work. :roll:
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#636 Post by Steel Frog » 29 Dec 2011, 08:30

AngelTash wrote:My commute to work is about 55 miles one way (just a little over an hour), and I wear Adidas slippers while I'm driving because it's comfortable. Normally, I leave my little black flats (work shoes) in my car so I don't forget to bring them with me. This morning when I got to work, I went to get my work shoes out of the back seat area, and they weren't there. I don't know why I took them into the house, but now I am stuck wearing my slippers at work. :roll:
After experiencing this once too often, I keep my work flats in an office drawer. Long as nobody notices when I walk in wearing running shoes, I'm golden.

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#637 Post by AngelTash » 29 Dec 2011, 08:32

Steel Frog wrote:
AngelTash wrote:My commute to work is about 55 miles one way (just a little over an hour), and I wear Adidas slippers while I'm driving because it's comfortable. Normally, I leave my little black flats (work shoes) in my car so I don't forget to bring them with me. This morning when I got to work, I went to get my work shoes out of the back seat area, and they weren't there. I don't know why I took them into the house, but now I am stuck wearing my slippers at work. :roll:
After experiencing this once too often, I keep my work flats in an office drawer. Long as nobody notices when I walk in wearing running shoes, I'm golden.
I am definitely going to have to do that. On the bright side, I'm wearing cute polka dot trouser socks. :D
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#638 Post by Steel Frog » 29 Dec 2011, 17:49

AngelTash wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
I am definitely going to have to do that. On the bright side, I'm wearing cute polka dot trouser socks. :D
Pics!

spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#639 Post by spymeg » 04 Feb 2012, 10:28

I did it again. I'm trying to recreate Chuy's creamy jalapeño dip and I guess I didn't wash my hands well enough. My nose is on fire! No, I wasn't picking it...it was just a scratch!

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#640 Post by Batman » 04 Feb 2012, 11:49

spymeg wrote:I did it again. I'm trying to recreate Chuy's creamy jalapeño dip and I guess I didn't wash my hands well enough. My nose is on fire! No, I wasn't picking it...it was just a scratch!
The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#641 Post by Scruluce » 04 Feb 2012, 13:43

A friend of mine had posted to facebook, via twitter, that she forgot her pillow for a weekend campout sleeping on the cold hard ground. The tweet finished with two hashtags – #firstworldproblems, and #imagenius. For about 5 seconds, I kept trying to decipher "nius" at the end of the word "image".

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#642 Post by Scruluce » 04 Feb 2012, 13:43

double post
:movealong:

plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#643 Post by plaxii » 07 Feb 2012, 13:51

Subject: Random thing that proves you're a dumbass...

Scruluce wrote:
A friend of mine had posted to facebook, via twitter, that she forgot her pillow for a weekend campout sleeping on the cold hard ground. The tweet finished with two hashtags – #firstworldproblems, and #imagenius. For about 5 seconds, I kept trying to decipher "nius" at the end of the word "image".

took me a while too but i finally got it #imagenius too
I am in a world of shit

plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#644 Post by plaxii » 07 Feb 2012, 13:52

While trying to write the above post....instead of hitting the quote button i hit the PM button, and now i sent Scruluce a pm of a stupid post...well at least i was in the right topic!
I am in a world of shit

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#645 Post by Scruluce » 07 Feb 2012, 19:13

plaxii wrote:While trying to write the above post....instead of hitting the quote button i hit the PM button, and now i sent Scruluce a pm of a stupid post...well at least i was in the right topic!
:rofl: this was even better than getting the PM letting me know I wasn't alone.

Midrats
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#646 Post by Midrats » 07 Feb 2012, 22:26

Scruluce wrote:
plaxii wrote:While trying to write the above post....instead of hitting the quote button i hit the PM button, and now i sent Scruluce a pm of a stupid post...well at least i was in the right topic!
:rofl: this was even better than getting the PM letting me know I wasn't alone.
It took me a few moments until I had my Image moment too

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#647 Post by snotball » 31 Mar 2012, 21:28

I heated some food in the toaster oven and than, for some unknown reason, tried to take the tray out with my bare hand.
Bad dates

spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#648 Post by spymeg » 01 Apr 2012, 04:48

snotball wrote:I heated some food in the toaster oven and than, for some unknown reason, tried to take the tray out with my bare hand.
Oh no! Hope you're ok. I've use my hand as an oven mitt before and it sure isn't fun.

snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

#649 Post by snotball » 01 Apr 2012, 06:22

spymeg wrote:
snotball wrote:I heated some food in the toaster oven and than, for some unknown reason, tried to take the tray out with my bare hand.
Oh no! Hope you're ok. I've use my hand as an oven mitt before and it sure isn't fun.
I'm ok, but I can do without the giant blister on my thumb.
Bad dates

F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#650 Post by F.N.G. » 01 Apr 2012, 07:03

snotball wrote:
spymeg wrote:
I'm ok, but I can do without the giant blister on my thumb.
I used to have girlfriend with a Nike tick shaped scar on her wrist from cooking bacon with no over gloves. Be careful.
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.