Random line that needs more quotation marks

If there's a useless thread in here, chances are excellent that JJ created it.
Message
Author
User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#26 Post by bratzks » 23 Jul 2007, 13:41

sldawgs wrote:
bratzks wrote:"Just" "be" your "lovable" "pervy" "self"
So where do you suggest the quotation marks go? 8)
Image Image Image

User avatar
Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6761
Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Gender: Male
Location: On the Loose

#27 Post by Toasty » 24 Jul 2007, 06:06

sldawgs wrote:
bratzks wrote:Just be your lovable pervy self
So where do you suggest the quotation marks go? 8)
Depends on the speaker....

The Queen: "Just" be your lovable pervy self.
I would say: Just "BE" your lovable pervy self.
JJ: Just be "your" lovable pervy self.
Kinggrl: Just be your "lovable" pervy self.
Punisher: Just be your lovable "pervy" self.
Your mom: Just be your lovable pervy "self".
Elegant Violence

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33573
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#28 Post by Steel Frog » 24 Sep 2007, 08:37

JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#29 Post by JJ » 24 Sep 2007, 08:39

Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.
Cheap shot. Do you think it was easy for the band to come out to perform every night, not knowing whether they'd be the ones on stage or the ones in the tank?
La la la la la.

User avatar
jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1774
Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 09:36
Gender: Female

#30 Post by jack's sally » 24 Sep 2007, 08:41

JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.
Cheap shot. Do you think it was easy for the band to come out to perform every night, not knowing whether they'd be the ones on stage or the ones in the tank?
I believe what was extremely hard on them, was wishing they WOULD be the ones inside the tank.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33573
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#31 Post by Steel Frog » 24 Sep 2007, 08:42

JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.
Cheap shot. Do you think it was easy for the band to come out to perform every night, not knowing whether they'd be the ones on stage or the ones in the tank?
"band" "perform" -in the tank- probably doesn't need quotes.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#32 Post by JJ » 24 Sep 2007, 08:43

jack's sally wrote:
JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.
Cheap shot. Do you think it was easy for the band to come out to perform every night, not knowing whether they'd be the ones on stage or the ones in the tank?
I believe what was extremely hard on them, was wishing they WOULD be the ones inside the tank.
Certainly by the second encore of Love Song.
La la la la la.

User avatar
jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1774
Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 09:36
Gender: Female

#33 Post by jack's sally » 24 Sep 2007, 08:48

JJ wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.
Cheap shot. Do you think it was easy for the band to come out to perform every night, not knowing whether they'd be the ones on stage or the ones in the tank?
I believe what was extremely hard on them, was wishing they WOULD be the ones inside the tank.
Certainly by the second encore of Love Song.
The effort it took for them to perform every night instead of commiting suicide really hasnt been appriciated as much as it should.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#34 Post by JJ » 24 Sep 2007, 08:49

jack's sally wrote:
JJ wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:The Tesla machine worked, and that's how they cloned the hit song Signs.
Cheap shot. Do you think it was easy for the band to come out to perform every night, not knowing whether they'd be the ones on stage or the ones in the tank?
I believe what was extremely hard on them, was wishing they WOULD be the ones inside the tank.
Certainly by the second encore of Love Song.
The effort it took for them to perform every night instead of commiting suicide really hasnt been appriciated as much as it should.
I know.

Do do do do do do.

I know.
La la la la la.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#35 Post by JJ » 04 Oct 2007, 07:54

Goldberg Retires From Acting
La la la la la.

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5934
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#36 Post by TK421 » 04 Oct 2007, 08:10

JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Image

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

#37 Post by F.N.G. » 04 Oct 2007, 08:27

TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#38 Post by JJ » 04 Oct 2007, 08:30

F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
La la la la la.

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5934
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#39 Post by TK421 » 04 Oct 2007, 09:43

JJ wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
All I can say is that I'm relieved. When I saw this, I feared that the headline refered to the wrestling superstar. As far as I know, he's still going to be giving us such gems as Universal Soldier: The Return.

The world can now rest easy.
Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34575
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

#40 Post by sldawgs » 04 Oct 2007, 10:06

TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
All I can say is that I'm relieved. When I saw this, I feared that the headline refered to the wrestling superstar. As far as I know, he's still going to be giving us such gems as Universal Soldier: The Return.

The world can now rest easy.
But the world will be a sad place with no more whoopi.
Image
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#41 Post by JJ » 04 Oct 2007, 10:09

sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
All I can say is that I'm relieved. When I saw this, I feared that the headline refered to the wrestling superstar. As far as I know, he's still going to be giving us such gems as Universal Soldier: The Return.

The world can now rest easy.
But the world will be a sad place with no more whoopi.
Image
Ted Danson wrote:It was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
La la la la la.

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5934
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#42 Post by TK421 » 04 Oct 2007, 10:11

JJ wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
All I can say is that I'm relieved. When I saw this, I feared that the headline refered to the wrestling superstar. As far as I know, he's still going to be giving us such gems as Universal Soldier: The Return.

The world can now rest easy.
But the world will be a sad place with no more whoopi.
Image
Ted Danson wrote:It was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
Thank you for putting images in my head which will force me to burn my eyes out when I get home from work.
Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39398
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#43 Post by alan smithee » 04 Oct 2007, 10:12

JJ wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
All I can say is that I'm relieved. When I saw this, I feared that the headline refered to the wrestling superstar. As far as I know, he's still going to be giving us such gems as Universal Soldier: The Return.

The world can now rest easy.
But the world will be a sad place with no more whoopi.
Image
Ted Danson wrote:It was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
Ellen Cleghorne wrote:He shouldn't be trying to park a compact car in a normal garage.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#44 Post by JJ » 04 Oct 2007, 10:18

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
TK421 wrote:
JJ wrote:Goldberg Retires From Acting
Goldberg "retires" from acting?
Goldberg "retires" from "acting".
"Goldberg "retires" from "acting"."
All I can say is that I'm relieved. When I saw this, I feared that the headline refered to the wrestling superstar. As far as I know, he's still going to be giving us such gems as Universal Soldier: The Return.

The world can now rest easy.
But the world will be a sad place with no more whoopi.
Image
Ted Danson wrote:It was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
Ellen Cleghorne wrote:He shouldn't be trying to park a compact car in a normal garage.
Three car.
La la la la la.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#45 Post by bratzks » 28 Nov 2007, 20:23

Secret Santa gift exchange.
Image Image Image

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#46 Post by JJ » 03 Dec 2007, 12:59

yahoo wrote:Tom Petty to rock Super Bowl halftime show
La la la la la.

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5898
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

#47 Post by Buckykatt » 20 Dec 2007, 12:51

Referring to Jessica Simpson:
sldawgs wrote: Tony gets some prime nookie and the whole town freaks.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34575
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

#48 Post by sldawgs » 20 Dec 2007, 14:17

Buckykatt wrote:Referring to Jessica Simpson:
sldawgs wrote: Tony gets some prime nookie and the whole town freaks.
Okay, "Tony" gets "some" prime nookie "and" the "whole" "town" "freaks".

Is that better?
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6761
Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Gender: Male
Location: On the Loose

#49 Post by Toasty » 20 Dec 2007, 14:33

sldawgs wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:Referring to Jessica Simpson:
sldawgs wrote: Tony gets some prime nookie and the whole town freaks.
Okay, "Tony" gets "some" prime nookie "and" the "whole" "town" "freaks".

Is that better?
I think she's talking about "prime"....

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34575
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

#50 Post by sldawgs » 20 Dec 2007, 14:41

Toasty wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:Referring to Jessica Simpson:
sldawgs wrote: Tony gets some prime nookie and the whole town freaks.
Okay, "Tony" gets "some" prime nookie "and" the "whole" "town" "freaks".

Is that better?
I think she's talking about "prime"....
Well, nookie wise, Simpson does have a smokin' body, IMHO. I guess I am just quotation deficient.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

Post Reply