Doctor Sleep

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29824
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Doctor Sleep

#1 Post by Batman » 11 Sep 2019, 00:05

Doctor Sleep (2019)

Director: Mike Flanagan

Cast: Rebecca Ferguson, Jacob Tremblay, Ewan McGregor

Genre: Horror

Release Date: 31 Oct 2019 (UK); 08 Nov 2019 (USA)

Plot Summary: Years following the events of "The Shining," a now-adult Dan Torrance meets a young girl with similar powers as his and tries to protect her from a cult known as The True Knot who prey on children with powers to remain immortal.

IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5606664/

Trailer:
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39219
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Doctor Sleep

#2 Post by alan smithee » 11 Sep 2019, 00:11

I completely forgot about this movie. and completely forgot that King wrote a sequel to The Shining
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
Posts: 18236
Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Gender: Male

Re: Doctor Sleep

#3 Post by NoShoes » 19 Sep 2019, 05:40

Sad part is, I just recently read it, and pretty much want to forget it (but will most likely check out the film anyway - maybe it will be better)
Happy Halloween!

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39219
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Doctor Sleep

#4 Post by alan smithee » 19 Sep 2019, 21:39

NoShoes wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 05:40
Sad part is, I just recently read it, and pretty much want to forget it (but will most likely check out the film anyway - maybe it will be better)
did you like The Shining (the book (and/or movie))?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger
Posts: 18236
Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 19:41
Gender: Male

Re: Doctor Sleep

#5 Post by NoShoes » 20 Sep 2019, 15:19

alan smithee wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 21:39
NoShoes wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 05:40
Sad part is, I just recently read it, and pretty much want to forget it (but will most likely check out the film anyway - maybe it will be better)
did you like The Shining (the book (and/or movie))?
The Shining
Loved the book.....was an avid SK reader since Carrie, but somewhere in the late 90's I had a bit of a falling out.

Loved the original movie.....even though it strays quite a bit from the book, and I agree with a lot of the issues, I still think it's a great film. {to this day, I find twins creepy}

Miniseries....I even enjoyed this!

I will go see the new film as I'm hoping it's one of those rare cases where I find the film actually better than the book.
Happy Halloween!

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39219
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Doctor Sleep

#6 Post by alan smithee » 20 Sep 2019, 15:47

NoShoes wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 15:19
alan smithee wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 21:39
NoShoes wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 05:40
Sad part is, I just recently read it, and pretty much want to forget it (but will most likely check out the film anyway - maybe it will be better)
did you like The Shining (the book (and/or movie))?
The Shining
Loved the book.....was an avid SK reader since Carrie, but somewhere in the late 90's I had a bit of a falling out.

Loved the original movie.....even though it strays quite a bit from the book, and I agree with a lot of the issues, I still think it's a great film. {to this day, I find twins creepy}

Miniseries....I even enjoyed this!

I will go see the new film as I'm hoping it's one of those rare cases where I find the film actually better than the book.
:glwacoy:
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Post Reply