FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 20:16

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008, 13:39 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Rumour: Movie to be split in two? Spielberg to direct?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008, 14:11 
Offline
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Posts: 14573
Location: Harlem rock city
That would be awesome on both accounts. Looking back, the best movies have been the ones that had good directors and didn't have so many plot points that it didn't crush the movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 10:06 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
WB says No Decision Yet Made on "Deathly Hallows," Kloves Back as Screenwriter

A follow up today regarding the rumor on a possible two part film of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Empire magazine is reporting WB told them "no decision has been made about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."

Also, Empire states Steven Kloves will be back as screenwriter for the final Harry Potter movie, as they say he "hasn’t starting writing the script yet, since the WGA strike prevents him from doing so."

One final note: We are still trying to obtain more on the director rumor for “Deathly Hallows”, and we will update with more on this when we can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 17:38 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
If this strike doesn't let up those kids are going to be in their 30s by the time it gets filmed.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 18:18 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32827
Nunis wrote:
Spielberg to direct?

I'm hoping for his non-union Mexican counterpart (Alejandro González Iñárritu); es muy bueno.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 08:40 
Offline
Meh
Meh
User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2002, 06:50
Posts: 11696
Steel Frog wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Spielberg to direct?

I'm hoping for his non-union Mexican counterpart (Alejandro González Iñárritu); es muy bueno.

If there's a non-union Mexican counterpart to Spielberg, it's Cuarón, no? (not to mention Señor Spielbergo).

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 21:14 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32827
Ze wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Spielberg to direct?

I'm hoping for his non-union Mexican counterpart (Alejandro González Iñárritu); es muy bueno.

If there's a non-union Mexican counterpart to Spielberg, it's Cuarón, no? (not to mention Señor Spielbergo).

I just wanted a punchline that included the word "Iñárritu".

Es muy bueno.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 21:35 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Steel Frog wrote:
Ze wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Spielberg to direct?

I'm hoping for his non-union Mexican counterpart (Alejandro González Iñárritu); es muy bueno.

If there's a non-union Mexican counterpart to Spielberg, it's Cuarón, no? (not to mention Señor Spielbergo).

I just wanted a punchline that included the word "Iñárritu".

Es muy bueno.


Iñárritu, baby -- don't you know that I love you?

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 21:42 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32827
JJ wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Ze wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Spielberg to direct?

I'm hoping for his non-union Mexican counterpart (Alejandro González Iñárritu); es muy bueno.

If there's a non-union Mexican counterpart to Spielberg, it's Cuarón, no? (not to mention Señor Spielbergo).

I just wanted a punchline that included the word "Iñárritu".

Es muy bueno.


Iñárritu, baby -- don't you know that I love you?

Iñárritu, baby -- so why don't you kill me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 04:45 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
"Deathly Hallows" Director Update: Heyman says Del Toro Not Really in the Running

There is news today regarding a possible director for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film.

As we have been reporting, director Guillermo Del Toro has repeatedly expressed an interest in directing the final Harry Potter film, however today Potter producer David Heyman says this will not be the case.

Empire magazine reports that they recently spoke with Mr. Heyman who said that "Del Toro was sadly not really in the running" because "he's rather busy."

The Hollywood Reporter has an article today stating that Mr. Del Toro is in talks to helm the widely anticipated The Hobbit films (with Peter Jackson producing), and this would not permit enough time for him to take on the Harry Potter film as well. As announced previously, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is due in movie theaters sometime in 2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008, 08:52 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Nunis wrote:
"Deathly Hallows" Director Update: Heyman says Del Toro Not Really in the Running

There is news today regarding a possible director for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film.

As we have been reporting, director Guillermo Del Toro has repeatedly expressed an interest in directing the final Harry Potter film, however today Potter producer David Heyman says this will not be the case.

Empire magazine reports that they recently spoke with Mr. Heyman who said that "Del Toro was sadly not really in the running" because "he's rather busy."

The Hollywood Reporter has an article today stating that Mr. Del Toro is in talks to helm the widely anticipated The Hobbit films (with Peter Jackson producing), and this would not permit enough time for him to take on the Harry Potter film as well. As announced previously, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is due in movie theaters sometime in 2010.


How abut Benicio del Toro?

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 05:28 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
"Deathly Hallows" Movie to Begin Filming Next February, Two Films Still Under Consideration

Harry Potter producers David Heyman and David Barron have given a new interview with the Daily Telegraph, where they discuss the film version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In regards to the earlier rumors of splitting the final book into two films, David Barron again confirms this is a possibility, saying this is still under discussion and states:

"The only negative of splitting the book into two films, says Barron, "is that people could possibly perceive it as being one last chance at cashing in. But the real positive, if we were to do that, would be that we wouldn't have quite the battle we always have of 'How do you compress all that book into just over two hours of screen time?' It would be brilliant not to have to cut anything. But at the same time, we have to think it through properly. We'd have to be very certain that there were two proper, stand-alone films that could be generated from the source material."

David Heyman continues on to note that filming for "Deathly Hallows" will not start until a year from now, saying "We won't start filming 'til February next year. So it hasn't really gone bananas yet. We've got thoughts, and I'm sure something will be announced in the not-too-distant future."

As to who will take on the pivotal role as director for the final movie, both producers say a few directors are still under consideration, and announcements about this and the status of the film will be made shortly. David Heyman emphasises "A couple of people have expressed interest, people have gotten a few calls and a few emails, but it's still a year away."

Meanwhile production continues through May on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which is due in theaters November 21, 2008.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 06:23 
Offline
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Posts: 14573
Location: Harlem rock city
No word on who's directing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 06:28 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
bing wrote:
No word on who's directing?


There hasn't been any buzz at all, except the Spielbergo rumour.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2008, 00:44 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Rumor Update: Radcliffe Shoots Down Reports on Spielberg as Possible "Deathly Hallows" Director

Earlier this week, there was some news regarding the rumor regarding Steven Spielberg as a possible director for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie as actor Dan Radcliffe addressed this at the recent BAFTA awards. Apparently Dan was asked about this on the red carpet, and he is reported to have replied "It's absolute rubbish that Spielberg is directing the final film. It's not true. There's absolutely no foundation in that at all. I have no idea how that rumor started or where it came from. It's not true. How's that for a definitive answer?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2008, 10:14 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32827
Nunis wrote:
Rumor Update: Radcliffe Shoots Down Reports on Spielberg as Possible "Deathly Hallows" Director

Earlier this week, there was some news regarding the rumor regarding Steven Spielberg as a possible director for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie as actor Dan Radcliffe addressed this at the recent BAFTA awards. Apparently Dan was asked about this on the red carpet, and he is reported to have replied "It's absolute rubbish that Spielberg is directing the final film. It's not true. There's absolutely no foundation in that at all. I have no idea how that rumor started or where it came from. It's not true. How's that for a definitive answer?"


It's important that burn that bridge ASAP, Dan. Lord knows you wouldn't want a career after this Harry Potter stuff finishes anyway. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 00:27 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
David Yates to Direct "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?"

There is a new report online today regarding the possibility of David Yates returning to direct Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Children's author Lois Lowry has updated her blog with an entry regarding Mr. Yates who she had hoped would be directing the film version of her book "The Giver," but has now declined in order to helm movie seven in the Harry Potter series. Lois Lowry writes:

"David Yates, the director currently working on the next Harry Potter film, was supposed to begin The Giver film next. But he has just decided he wants to do the final Harry Potter first, thereby postponing The Giver by several years."

As reported previously, David Yates is working on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which is currently in production in London, England, and has been one of the many names previously rumored to direct the final Harry Potter movie. Readers will also recall that we recently heard from producers David Barron and David Heyman who said that a few directors were under consideration for the job, and that we would hear more on the status of a director and a possibility of a two- part Deathly Hallows film soon. As exciting as this news is, please consider this a rumor until we receive confirmation from Warner Brothers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 00:27 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Also, they're apparently still considering splitting it into two movies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 02:59 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 05:21
Posts: 3369
Location: Going down
Nunis wrote:
Also, they're apparently still considering splitting it into two movies.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Harry Potter and the Extremely Deathly Hallows.

_________________
You like pain? Try wearing a corset.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 03:56 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
Punisher wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Also, they're apparently still considering splitting it into two movies.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Harry Potter and the Extremely Deathly Hallows.


There's been a lot of discussion as to what they'd call them if there were two. There seems to be two camps on this.

1) Name them like Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2

2) Give them separate titles, for example Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Harry Potter and the Battle of Hogwarts.

I don't give a shit either way. I just really want the two movies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 06:16 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5928
Nunis wrote:
Punisher wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Also, they're apparently still considering splitting it into two movies.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Harry Potter and the Extremely Deathly Hallows.


There's been a lot of discussion as to what they'd call them if there were two. There seems to be two camps on this.

1) Name them like Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2

2) Give them separate titles, for example Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Harry Potter and the Battle of Hogwarts.

I don't give a shit either way. I just really want the two movies.

Harry Potter and the Half Black Chick?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 10:12 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32827
Nunis wrote:
I don't give a shit either way. I just really want the two movies.


I'd be with you if they were directed by somebody other than Yates.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 16:23 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38301
Location: San Francisco
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II: Electric Boogaloo

duh.

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2008, 23:52 
Offline
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Posts: 27597
Location: Sweden
From Leaky (and also, may I add, woo-freakin'-hoo!):



Official: Two Parts for "Deathly Hallows" Movie, David Yates to Direct Both Films

Big News everyone! The L.A Times is reporting an exclusive today: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be made in two films, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" , and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II." Furthermore, the paper cites producer David Heyman confirming the return of David Yates as director for both films, with Steven Kloves to finish out his duties as screenwriter for both Harry Potter movies as well. The movies are to be filmed at the same time, and will be released several months apart, with Part One due November 2010, and Part Two, May 2011.

The article has additional information, with quotes from producer David Heyman on his conversation with Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling on splitting the book into two films. "Heyman said he approached Rowling with some trepidation about the strategy but found that she signed off on its logic rather quickly. "I went to Jo and she was cool with it," Heyman said, "and that was quite a relief."

The newspaper continues, saying "Producer David Heyman said the decision was made with some anxiety and only after considerable deliberations. The producer joked that "while my wife and Warner Brothers were pleased" to hear that the Potter movie magic will continue into the next decade, he himself fretted that the cynical observers would see the decision as a purely mercenary move."I swear to you it was born out of purely creative reasons," Heyman said during an interview in a converted airplane factory outside London that has been home base to all of the "Potter" productions. "Unlike every other book, you cannot remove elements of this book. You can remove scenes of Ron playing quidditch from the fifth book, and you can remove Hermione and S.P.E.W. [Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare] and those subplots . . . but with the seventh, that can't be done."

Actor Dan Radcliffe who portrays Harry Potter in the film is quoted as saying "I think it's the only way you can do it without cutting out a huge portion of the book," Radcliffe said recently during a break on the set of "Half-Blood Prince," the sixth "Potter" film, which is due in theaters on Nov. 21. "There have been compartmentalized subplots in the other books that have made them easier to cut - although those cuts were still to the horror of some fans- but the seventh book doesn't really have any subplots. It's one driving, pounding story from the word go."

Of interest to many fans is the spot in the book where the films will break, and producer David Heyman addresses this as he notes: "The question will be, where do you break it? And how do you make them one but two separate and distinct stories? Do you break it with a moment of suspense or one of resolution? These are the interesting challenges. But each book has presented its challenges."

Warner Bros. Chairman Alan Horn and Jeff Robinov, president of Warner Bros. Pictures Group, are expected to discuss the new plans for "Potter" on Thursday during a presentation at ShoWest, the convention of movie exhibitors in Las Vegas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 12:10 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 08:01
Posts: 1477
Location: Beating my head on a wall.
because they just can't get enough money from only one movie release. I know there is way too much stuff for 3 hours but still for a family of 3 to see the movie it'll cost them like $75. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group