PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 16:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

So we won't be seeing this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 09:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Where would they break? Perhaps after everyone arrives at Shell Cottage - right before they go to Gringots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 10:50 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

The (apparently reliable) rumour now is that they will break at the emotional return of Ron in the forest, i.e. right after The Silver Doe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 12:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm trying to remember how much has happened by that point. It seems like there is WAY more action after that point. Wouldn't that make Part I a bit like The Two Towers? Just the bridge between to movies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 23:13 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

AngelTash wrote:
I'm trying to remember how much has happened by that point. It seems like there is WAY more action after that point. Wouldn't that make Part I a bit like The Two Towers? Just the bridge between to movies?

Well, that would mean the first part covers the first 19 chapters (of 36) so it's about half-way, but I know what you're saying. That would mean the movies contain the following key points, in broad strokes.

Spoilers below. If you haven't read Deathly Hallows and have no desire to know what happens, look away.

Part I: Dursleys leaving, Harry being brought to The Burrow by lookalikes, some wedding stuff at The Burrow and then the actual wedding, Scrimgeour showing up with Dumbledore's will, the attack at the wedding, arrival at Grimmauld Place, Kreacher stuff, all the planning for the attack at the Ministry, followed by the actual Ministry stuff, back to the forest, Ron leaves, Godric's Hollow, Silver doe, Ron returns.

Part II: Everything else, including Ron's return, Xeno Lovegood, capture in the forest, Malfoy Manor and escape from there, Shell Cottage, Gringotts, and then the Battle of Hogwarts, which is going to be huge. And then they have to also squeeze in Snape's story, and the epilogue.

I originally thought that splitting it at Shell Cottage might have been good, but remember, everything that happens from when they leave there to go to Gringotts, until the end of the book, is all in one day. It's incredible to think of it like that.

I think the reason the suggested split would work is because you'd get the Ministry stuff, Godric's Hollow, and the emotional end of Ron's return in the first one. It would wrap up nicely and we'd still get plenty of action (the two aforementioned bits are going to be quite action-y, plus the escape from Privet Drive).

Then the second part would kick off with the Xeno bit, then we'd get Malfoy Manor, and then the huge finale at Hogwarts. To be honest, I think they'd do well to put as much of the "hiding in the various forests" bits in the first one. So yeah, maybe it will be a bit like Two Towers, but I don't think that's a bad thing. At least if they split it this way there will be action and emotional bits in both movies. And presumably they would both run about 2.5 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 23:48 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Two Towers was my favorite LOTR movie

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 07:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Quote:
I originally thought that splitting it at Shell Cottage might have been good, but remember, everything that happens from when they leave there to go to Gringotts, until the end of the book, is all in one day. It's incredible to think of it like that.

Good point - that was just one day, wasn't it? Thank goodness I don't have days like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 08:32 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

AngelTash wrote:
Quote:

Good point - that was just one day, wasn't it? Thank goodness I don't have days like that.

No shit, and I think Harry would be hoping he'd never have another one like it. They left for Gringotts in the morning, remember? Then they just stopped and rested for a bit before moving on to Hogwarts. That's one massively exhausting (and productive!) day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 14:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Quote:

No shit, and I think Harry would be hoping he'd never have another one like it. They left for Gringotts in the morning, remember? Then they just stopped and rested for a bit before moving on to Hogwarts. That's one massively exhausting (and productive!) day.

how far apart are they going to release these

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 14:21 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

enigmafa wrote:
Nunis wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Quote:

they appear to be slated for 19 Nov 10 & ?? May 11

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 14:48 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

alan smithee wrote:
enigmafa wrote:
Nunis wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
Quote:

they appear to be slated for 19 Nov 10 & ?? May 11

That seems like a bit of ways away:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2008, 06:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

:o

Sweet JESUS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 03:51 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Geraldine Somerville Confirms Return as Lily Potter for "Deathly Hallows"

Actress Geraldine Somerville has confirmed her intent to return as Lily Potter for the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, as well as the upcoming "Half-Blood Prince." In an interview with the Manchester Evening News, Ms. Somerville, who appearances in the films have been brief, says "I'll just come in and do my little, 'I am Lily Potter,' and go quietly." The actress, who is a mother of three children, notes they have not seen the Potter films as of yet given their young age, and says she does get recognized by Potter fans "Occasionally a bit, I suppose. I'm not surprised when it happens – I am in it!"

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 08:44 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Ciarán Hinds to play Aberforth. Mmm... Ciarán Hinds.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 08:46 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Nunis wrote:
AngelTash wrote:

Well, that would mean the first part covers the first 19 chapters (of 36) so it's about half-way, but I know what you're saying. That would mean the movies contain the following key points, in broad strokes.

Spoilers below. If you haven't read Deathly Hallows and have no desire to know what happens, look away.

Part I: Dursleys leaving, Harry being brought to The Burrow by lookalikes, some wedding stuff at The Burrow and then the actual wedding, Scrimgeour showing up with Dumbledore's will, the attack at the wedding, arrival at Grimmauld Place, Kreacher stuff, all the planning for the attack at the Ministry, followed by the actual Ministry stuff, back to the forest, Ron leaves, Godric's Hollow, Silver doe, Ron returns.

Part II: Everything else, including Ron's return, Xeno Lovegood, capture in the forest, Malfoy Manor and escape from there, Shell Cottage, Gringotts, and then the Battle of Hogwarts, which is going to be huge. And then they have to also squeeze in Snape's story, and the epilogue.

I think the reason the suggested split would work is because you'd get the Ministry stuff, Godric's Hollow, and the emotional end of Ron's return in the first one. It would wrap up nicely and we'd still get plenty of action (the two aforementioned bits are going to be quite action-y, plus the escape from Privet Drive).

Then the second part would kick off with the Xeno bit, then we'd get Malfoy Manor, and then the huge finale at Hogwarts. To be honest, I think they'd do well to put as much of the "hiding in the various forests" bits in the first one. So yeah, maybe it will be a bit like Two Towers, but I don't think that's a bad thing. At least if they split it this way there will be action and emotional bits in both movies. And presumably they would both run about 2.5 hours.

Is there a good wanking motion I can give to "Ron's return"?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 11:44 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:

For real?
Awesome.Awesome

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 11:49 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

Mazer wrote:
Nunis wrote:

For real?
Awesome.Awesome

Great choice!!!!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 13:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sela5 wrote:
Mazer wrote:
Nunis wrote:

For real?
Awesome.Awesome

Great choice!!!!

:green:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 05:39 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Official release dates:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One 19 Nov 2010.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two 15 Jul 2011.

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 05:43 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

I've not been keeping on Potter news at all lately. Rhys Ifans will play Xeno Lovegood, and Brendan Gleeson's son will play Bill Weasley.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 03:42 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Er, ok... why?

From SCI FI Wire

Quote:
Confirmed: Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe to do a nude scene!

We knew the kids in the Harry Potter movies were growing up fast, but we didn't realize this was in the cards: David Yates, director of the final two movies—based on the seventh and final book, The Deathly Hallows—confirms a nude scene for star Daniel Radcliffe as Harry.

According to a report on the Video Business Web site:

In one scene, "a horcrux [carrying a piece of Voldemort's soul] defends itself by producing nightmarish visions, and one shows Hermione and Harry embracing and kissing," explained Yates. "It's something intriguing and sensual for Rupert [Grint, who plays Ron] to react to, and Dan will be bare for that."

Yikes!

Mugglenet.com says the scene is drawn from the "Silver Doe" chapter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (No word on whether Emma Watson, who plays Hermione, will be similarly unclothed. We kinda hope not. After all, she's Hermione!)

This won't be the first time Radcliffe has dropped trou publicly: For the stage play Equus, in which Radcliffe appeared in London and New York recently, he performed a famous scene in the buff. (For the record, Watson is 19 and Racliffe is 20.)

The final two Harry Potter movies are slated for release next year and in 2011.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 03:45 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Also from SCI FI Wire

Quote:
Surprising first look at Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows

Yesterday, we ran a story about how the Harry Potter kids have grown up; today, we've got the first image from the last movies, The Deathly Hallows, and boy are they big. (Is that stubble on Ron's chin?)

The images was published in today's USA Today, which also ran a short story about the two films based on the seventh and final book by J.K. Rowling:

USA Today wrote:
The first installment finds young wizards Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) struggling to find their way in the Muggle (human) world, with their own lives in the balance and the fate of the magical realm in their hands.

"They're paranoid," says Grint. "It's quite a scary world because the Snatchers and Death Eaters are running around everywhere. Harry, Ron and Hermione are just camping out in random places, living rough, in regular clothes." Snatchers and Death Eaters are minions of the evil Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes).

Grint adds, grinning: "Me and Dan actually have some stubble." His facial hair served as a kind of invisibility cloak for the lanky, redheaded Grint, who went unrecognized by fans recently while on location in the Welsh countryside.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 12:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

They all look a little rough, which I guess is appropriate for what they're going through.

As for the nude scene, unnecessary. (Now one with Snape on the other hand...)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 06:28 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Teaser Trailer

It doesn't seem like there's gonna be a trailer, and then there is. It's short and without any special effects or anything, but it's still great.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010, 18:41 

1st Teaser