FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 17:22

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Captain America
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:44 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 15:14
Posts: 6393
My apologies if there is already a thread for this, but...
imdb wrote:
Johnston Signs Deal to Direct 'Captain America'
10 November 2008 8:23 AM, PST

Filmmaker Joe Johnston will take the helm of the eagerly anticipated Captain America movie.

The Jurassic Park III director has signed a deal with Marvel Studios to bring the comic book superhero to the big screen in 2011.

It is the third Marvel film in the pipeline, including Thor and the Avengers, after Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as Iron Man earlier in the year proved a huge success with superhero fans.

Although Johnstone has signed the deal, it is unknown who will take on the patriotic U.S. role.

Comic book creator Stan Lee has given his backing to Will Smith to wear the red, white and blue suit, although other insiders have suggested Matthew McConaughey may land the part.

_________________
All things truly wicked start from innocence.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:53 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33897
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
AngelTash wrote:
My apologies if there is already a thread for this, but...
imdb wrote:
Johnston Signs Deal to Direct 'Captain America'
10 November 2008 8:23 AM, PST

Filmmaker Joe Johnston will take the helm of the eagerly anticipated Captain America movie.

The Jurassic Park III director has signed a deal with Marvel Studios to bring the comic book superhero to the big screen in 2011.

It is the third Marvel film in the pipeline, including Thor and the Avengers, after Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as Iron Man earlier in the year proved a huge success with superhero fans.

Although Johnstone has signed the deal, it is unknown who will take on the patriotic U.S. role.

Comic book creator Stan Lee has given his backing to Will Smith to wear the red, white and blue suit, although other insiders have suggested Matthew McConaughey may land the part.

McConaughey-hey-hey-hey? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smith. meh.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 13:37 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48555
Location: Rocket City
Ugh. But I can't think of anyone for Cap.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 13:42 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 12015
Location: You know, right here
sldawgs wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
My apologies if there is already a thread for this, but...
imdb wrote:
Johnston Signs Deal to Direct 'Captain America'
10 November 2008 8:23 AM, PST

Filmmaker Joe Johnston will take the helm of the eagerly anticipated Captain America movie.

The Jurassic Park III director has signed a deal with Marvel Studios to bring the comic book superhero to the big screen in 2011.

It is the third Marvel film in the pipeline, including Thor and the Avengers, after Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as Iron Man earlier in the year proved a huge success with superhero fans.

Although Johnstone has signed the deal, it is unknown who will take on the patriotic U.S. role.

Comic book creator Stan Lee has given his backing to Will Smith to wear the red, white and blue suit, although other insiders have suggested Matthew McConaughey may land the part.

McConaughey-hey-hey-hey? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smith. meh.


There's no way they can beat Matt Salinger's performance. (Even in italian...)


_________________
Classes will resume in August...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 11:34 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Ryan Reynolds? Even though he seems to keep playing different comic characters. I can't remember but I think he said he would love to play Captain America... or maybe it was the Flash.

Personally I think NPH is the only choice :pineapple:

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 17:58 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38385
Location: San Francisco
Sela wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
AngelTash wrote:
My apologies if there is already a thread for this, but...
imdb wrote:
Johnston Signs Deal to Direct 'Captain America'
10 November 2008 8:23 AM, PST

Filmmaker Joe Johnston will take the helm of the eagerly anticipated Captain America movie.

The Jurassic Park III director has signed a deal with Marvel Studios to bring the comic book superhero to the big screen in 2011.

It is the third Marvel film in the pipeline, including Thor and the Avengers, after Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as Iron Man earlier in the year proved a huge success with superhero fans.

Although Johnstone has signed the deal, it is unknown who will take on the patriotic U.S. role.

Comic book creator Stan Lee has given his backing to Will Smith to wear the red, white and blue suit, although other insiders have suggested Matthew McConaughey may land the part.

McConaughey-hey-hey-hey? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smith. meh.


There's no way they can beat Matt Salinger's performance. (Even in italian...)


1990's Captain America Movie Getting Blu-Ray Director's Cut

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 18:01 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 12015
Location: You know, right here
alan smithee wrote:


About freaking time...

_________________
Classes will resume in August...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group