FilmWise Forums
It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 15:10

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tron 2.0
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2008, 07:56 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Casting news!

Is this film really going to be any good? I actually loved the original, proper childhood memories. And will any of the originals come back?

(From thehollywoodreporter.com)

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett are the first to sign on for "Tron 2.0," the sequel to the 1982 Disney cult classic being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver.

The original, about a programmer thrust into a computer and forced to fight in games he helped create, is remembered for its sci-fi gladiator-style battles and groundbreaking special effects.

The new movie is acting as a "next chapter." Plot details are being guarded closely, but Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, the villainous intelligence protocol that was the nemesis in the original film.

Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

The male lead has not been cast, but the studio and filmmakers are screen-testing actors as it brings on other leads and supporting players.

"Tron 2.0" is eyeing a spring shoot and is shaping up as one of the studio's most anticipated projects in years. Kosinski shot reels to test technology and showcase his vision for the film; the footage screened at Comic-Con in July and was one of the most buzzed-about films coming out of the geekfest.

Brigham Taylor is overseeing for Disney.

Wilde, repped by Endeavor and Kass & Stokes Management, can be seen on the Fox series "House." She next appears in "The Year One" with Jack Black and Michael Cera. Garrett, repped by ICM and 1 Management, appeared in "Made of Honor" and "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." The two appeared together in "Turistas

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008, 08:28 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8952
Location: Westchester, NY
I'm generally against such remakes, but this is sooo dated and was already just a few years after it came out.

I think this can be redone well, and is deserving of it. Keep David Warner as MCP, please. Hell, remake Time Bandits and keep him as the heavy there too. ;)

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008, 09:31 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32828
You Know, for Kids wrote:
I'm generally against such remakes, but this is sooo dated and was already just a few years after it came out.

I think this can be redone well, and is deserving of it. Keep David Warner as MCP, please. Hell, remake Time Bandits and keep him as the heavy there too. ;)

Ooooh, yeah, and Quest of the Delta Knights.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008, 22:07 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Posts: 10002
Steel Frog wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
I'm generally against such remakes, but this is sooo dated and was already just a few years after it came out.

I think this can be redone well, and is deserving of it. Keep David Warner as MCP, please. Hell, remake Time Bandits and keep him as the heavy there too. ;)

Ooooh, yeah, and Quest of the Delta Knights.

He was great as Jon Irenicus in Baldur's Gate 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 10:22 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 10:36 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33758
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Interesting.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009, 02:18 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8365
Location: Around
sldawgs wrote:
Interesting.

:green:

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009, 07:19 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28952
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Interesting.

:green:

:green:

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009, 08:05 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Interesting.

:green:

:green:

" :green: "

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009, 10:57 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38301
Location: San Francisco
At Lebowski Fest, they played a ~90s clip of Bridges dressed as the Dude talking about how he was sad he was missing this year's Lebowski Fest. He informed is that he was busy — and then donned one of them Tron helmets.

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2009, 11:20 
Offline
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Posts: 303
I remember Tron really fondly, it was so advanced for it's time. No way will a remake/sequel live up to the original. Discs of Tron in the arcade was awesome :tongue:

_________________
Gunga Na Gunga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2009, 18:59 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
Ruddy016 wrote:
I remember Tron really fondly, it was so advanced for it's time. No way will a remake/sequel live up to the original. Discs of Tron in the arcade was awesome :tongue:

I liked the other Tron game better. I was better at it than the discs game.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 10:22 
Offline
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Posts: 303
A² wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
I remember Tron really fondly, it was so advanced for it's time. No way will a remake/sequel live up to the original. Discs of Tron in the arcade was awesome :tongue:

I liked the other Tron game better. I was better at it than the discs game.


The original Tron game was too easy. Some genius figured that falling through the missing platform in Discs of Tron required you to put another 10p in the slot. The swines!

_________________
Gunga Na Gunga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 23:41 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 28952
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Ruddy016 wrote:
A² wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
I remember Tron really fondly, it was so advanced for it's time. No way will a remake/sequel live up to the original. Discs of Tron in the arcade was awesome :tongue:

I liked the other Tron game better. I was better at it than the discs game.


The original Tron game was too easy. Some genius figured that falling through the missing platform in Discs of Tron required you to put another 10p in the slot. The swines!


:green: The original Tron machine I played was the second most economical way to stretch my two dollars at the arcade. The Joust machine at the corner 7-11 earned the top spot.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 01:07 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
Batman wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
A² wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
I remember Tron really fondly, it was so advanced for it's time. No way will a remake/sequel live up to the original. Discs of Tron in the arcade was awesome :tongue:

I liked the other Tron game better. I was better at it than the discs game.


The original Tron game was too easy. Some genius figured that falling through the missing platform in Discs of Tron required you to put another 10p in the slot. The swines!


:green: The original Tron machine I played was the second most economical way to stretch my two dollars at the arcade. The Joust machine at the corner 7-11 earned the top spot.

I had to find an Elevator Action if I wanted my money to last a long time.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 11:33 
Offline
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Posts: 303
A² wrote:
Batman wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
A² wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
I remember Tron really fondly, it was so advanced for it's time. No way will a remake/sequel live up to the original. Discs of Tron in the arcade was awesome :tongue:

I liked the other Tron game better. I was better at it than the discs game.


The original Tron game was too easy. Some genius figured that falling through the missing platform in Discs of Tron required you to put another 10p in the slot. The swines!


:green: The original Tron machine I played was the second most economical way to stretch my two dollars at the arcade. The Joust machine at the corner 7-11 earned the top spot.

I had to find an Elevator Action if I wanted my money to last a long time.


Joust! We are showing our ages here boys :D All of my money went into Out Run, I would buy one of those for my home tomorrow, SEGA outdid themselves with that one. Not that I wasn't also very partial to Twin Cobra, now that was 10p well spent. The list goes on and on but Ikari Warriors, Double Dragon, Kung Fu Master and of course the quite brilliant 4 man Gauntlet. Happy times indeed!

_________________
Gunga Na Gunga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 14:55 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
stars 1.5

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 11:40 
Offline
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Posts: 303
JJ wrote:
stars 1.5


Bummer :cry:

_________________
Gunga Na Gunga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tron 2.0
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 07:26 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 11936
Location: You know, right here
Trailer

Sweet...

_________________
The Plane's going to Chicago. The Pilot's going to New York. The Passengers are going to Pieces!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tron 2.0
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 12:02 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8011
Location: Over your shoulder
Sela wrote:
Trailer

Sweet...

Looks awesome!! Now they have an Oscar winner too! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tron 2.0
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 06:11 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 11936
Location: You know, right here



_________________
The Plane's going to Chicago. The Pilot's going to New York. The Passengers are going to Pieces!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 12:55 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
JJ wrote:
stars 1.5

Why didn't I post "Tron 0.0"? Damn, I'm getting old.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 12:25 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Posts: 10002
JJ wrote:
JJ wrote:
stars 1.5

Why didn't I post "Tron 0.0"? Damn, I'm getting old.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: tron 2.0
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 13:38 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 33905
Location: parts unknown
Philip wrote:
JJ wrote:
JJ wrote:
stars 1.5

Why didn't I post "Tron 0.0"? Damn, I'm getting old.

Image

:)

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tron 2.0
PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 08:32 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 11936
Location: You know, right here
Big Batch of Brand New Tron Legacy Photos and Concept Art

Read more: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/05/07/big-batch-of-brand-new-tron-legacy-photos-and-concept-art/#ixzz0nGJ8mQDo

Image

Image

_________________
The Plane's going to Chicago. The Pilot's going to New York. The Passengers are going to Pieces!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group