FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 15:40

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 12:04 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks


Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 13:24 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38524
Location: San Francisco
Dawson wrote:


Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already

wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 13:34 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34275
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
alan smithee wrote:
Dawson wrote:


Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already

wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?

WD

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 13:41 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38524
Location: San Francisco
sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Dawson wrote:


Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already

wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?

WD

TY

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 13:47 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34275
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
alan smithee wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Dawson wrote:


Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already

wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?

WD

TY

NP

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 09:16 
Online
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14673
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 09:34 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33129
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

Whatever you do, don't skimp on rifftrax or the Star Wars Holiday special.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 09:41 
Online
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14673
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Steel Frog wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

Whatever you do, don't skimp on rifftrax or the Star Wars Holiday special.

I don't think I've seen the SW Holiday Special... we can certainly squeeze it in before Episode VII :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 10:10 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49279
Location: Rocket City
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 11:17 
Online
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14673
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 11:19 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.

Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 11:59 
Online
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14673
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.

Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong

I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 12:31 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49279
Location: Rocket City
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.

Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong

I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.

I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 00:44 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29321
Location: Gotham's seedier side
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.

Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong

I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.

I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.

I have the original trilogy on VHS, well before Lucas able to "enhance" any of them prior to their re-release in the late 90s.

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2015, 03:25 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8963
Location: Westchester, NY
Batman wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.

Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong

I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.

I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.

I have the original trilogy on VHS, well before Lucas able to "enhance" any of them prior to their re-release in the late 90s.

I did read somewhere recently that Disney was planning a new Blu-Ray re-release of the theatrical cuts.

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2015, 03:34 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8397
Location: Around
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Batman wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).

I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.

Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.

Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong

I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.

I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.

I have the original trilogy on VHS, well before Lucas able to "enhance" any of them prior to their re-release in the late 90s.

I did read somewhere recently that Disney was planning a new Blu-Ray re-release of the theatrical cuts.

Let me look that up for you...

Also, most of you on here have the privilege of being native English speakers, whereas I will have to wait to show these to my children until they can either understand English, or are able to read subtitles. Neither of those options will be available within the next 4 years or so...

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 13:08 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
OMFG! The new trailer. Even more excited now.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 13:35 
Online
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14673
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
bratzks wrote:
OMFG! The new trailer. Even more excited now.

:green:

Great trailer!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 16:45 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34729
Location: parts unknown
I survived the great Force Awakens ticket internet crash and managed a pair of reserved seat opening night tickets. My friends are lobbying me to get to go with me now. So far the best offer I have received is a pair of tickets to the OU/Texas Tech game this Saturday.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 10:09 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8397
Location: Around
A² wrote:
I survived the great Force Awakens ticket internet crash and managed a pair of reserved seat opening night tickets. My friends are lobbying me to get to go with me now. So far the best offer I have received is a pair of tickets to the OU/Texas Tech game this Saturday.

Got decent reserved seats for Friday, but didn't have much trouble at all. Could have gotten tickets for Wednesday the 16th (opening day here) for both an afternoon and a 11:30 PM showing, both with hardly any bookings in the theater so far.

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 23:00 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
didn't reserve a ticket sorry, will happily wait a few days and find a matinee showing

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 06:06 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49279
Location: Rocket City
:o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 07:09 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
knarf wrote:
:o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:



Holy feck that is awesome!

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 12:33 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 12:42
Posts: 726
knarf wrote:
:o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:



Awesome, indeed!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 00:53 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8397
Location: Around
figjam wrote:
knarf wrote:
:o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:



Awesome, indeed!!

:green:

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group