Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Message
Author
User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33741
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#201 Post by Steel Frog » 18 Jun 2009, 15:43

Ultimate Final Destination ?
Destination and Destinationerer ?

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30032
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#202 Post by Batman » 19 Jun 2009, 00:24

I Will Always Know What Your Final Destination Will Be Next Summer
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34636
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#203 Post by sldawgs » 19 Jun 2009, 05:37

Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams prepare for new Mission
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES — Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams have chosen to accept another impossible mission.

Cruise and Abrams have signed on to produce a fourth installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise for Paramount. Abrams directed Cruise’s last outing as covert operative Ethan Hunt in 2006’s Mission: Impossible III.

While they have set 2011 as a target release date, it’s still unknown if Cruise will star again or if Abrams will return to direct. According to studio spokeswoman Katie Martin Kelley, Cruise and Abrams are only attached as producers at this point.

It would mark a reunion for Cruise and Paramount after the studio cut the actor loose from a long-term development deal in 2006.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33741
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#204 Post by Steel Frog » 19 Jun 2009, 08:49

sldawgs wrote:
Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams prepare for new Mission
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES — Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams have chosen to accept another impossible mission.

Cruise and Abrams have signed on to produce a fourth installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise for Paramount. Abrams directed Cruise’s last outing as covert operative Ethan Hunt in 2006’s Mission: Impossible III.

While they have set 2011 as a target release date, it’s still unknown if Cruise will star again or if Abrams will return to direct. According to studio spokeswoman Katie Martin Kelley, Cruise and Abrams are only attached as producers at this point.

It would mark a reunion for Cruise and Paramount after the studio cut the actor loose from a long-term development deal in 2006.
And...dibs!

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39830
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#205 Post by alan smithee » 19 Jun 2009, 11:06

sldawgs wrote:
Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams prepare for new Mission
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES — Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams have chosen to accept another impossible mission.

Cruise and Abrams have signed on to produce a fourth installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise for Paramount. Abrams directed Cruise’s last outing as covert operative Ethan Hunt in 2006’s Mission: Impossible III.

While they have set 2011 as a target release date, it’s still unknown if Cruise will star again or if Abrams will return to direct. According to studio spokeswoman Katie Martin Kelley, Cruise and Abrams are only attached as producers at this point.

It would mark a reunion for Cruise and Paramount after the studio cut the actor loose from a long-term development deal in 2006.
That headline is more than a bit misleading. I know based on the headline, the first thing I thought was, "Cruise and Abrams producing together again — all right!"
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Chris
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1739
Joined: 21 Dec 2003, 04:24
Gender: Male
Location: Alabama

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#206 Post by Chris » 18 Jul 2009, 16:56


User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#207 Post by Nunis » 11 Sep 2009, 14:18

The fourth Pirates movie has a title, which is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and it'll be out summer 2011. Nobody cares.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8501
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#208 Post by Middle » 13 Sep 2009, 02:51

Nunis wrote:The fourth Pirates movie has a title, which is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and it'll be out summer 2011. Nobody cares.
I think Disney's shareholders will care a great deal.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#209 Post by Sela » 13 Sep 2009, 17:55

Middle wrote:
Nunis wrote:The fourth Pirates movie has a title, which is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and it'll be out summer 2011. Nobody cares.
I think Disney's shareholders will care a great deal.
The announcment for Pirates 4, is one of few interesting news announced at Disney D23 by Walt Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook . Among them:

- The name of the upcoming new Muppet movie will be The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made!

-Cook announced that he expects Andrew Stanton's live-action John Carter of Mars to become a new Disney franchise, after the first film hits theaters in summer 2012.

-Disney announced the debut of a new label called Disney Double Dare You, spearheaded by Guillermo del Toro, to make scarier, thrilling movies for the Disney family audience. Del Toro recorded a video greeting from New Zealand, where he is working on The Hobbit, saying that he was inspired by the old E-Ticket rides at Disneyland. The first Disney Double Dare you film will be The Troll Hunters, based on an original idea by del Toro.

-Cook was also excited to announce the feature-length, stop-motion-animated version of Tim Burton's early short film Frankenweenie, which Cook said allows Burton "to expand on the story and take his characters on wildly imaginative adventures."

- Cook announced that Robert Zemeckis' next project would be a 3-D motion-capture remake of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. "It's true, we are making a Yellow Submarine," Cook said. "You're going to see the Blue Meanies and Pepperland as never before, with the greatest soundtrack ever."





and finallly.....


During a presentation on The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Cook himself asked Nicolas Cage to do National Treasure 3. Cage agreed.
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34636
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#210 Post by sldawgs » 13 Sep 2009, 18:17

Sela5 wrote:During a presentation on The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Cook himself asked Nicolas Cage to do National Treasure 3. Cage agreed.
:FYDC:
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

Ruddy016
Lead Actor
Lead Actor
Posts: 303
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#211 Post by Ruddy016 » 14 Sep 2009, 11:02

Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
Gunga Na Gunga

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8501
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#212 Post by Middle » 14 Sep 2009, 12:20

Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Ruddy016
Lead Actor
Lead Actor
Posts: 303
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#213 Post by Ruddy016 » 02 Oct 2009, 11:14

Middle wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
I will remember this for the future. God he has made some absolute shite recently hasn't he? Sorry for being such a noob!
Gunga Na Gunga

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34636
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#214 Post by sldawgs » 02 Oct 2009, 12:18

Ruddy016 wrote:
Middle wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
I will remember this for the future. God he has made some absolute shite recently hasn't he? Sorry for being such a noob!
Don't worry about it, it takes awhile to learn our FWspeak.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8501
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#215 Post by Middle » 03 Oct 2009, 01:44

sldawgs wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
Middle wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
I will remember this for the future. God he has made some absolute shite recently hasn't he? Sorry for being such a noob!
Don't worry about it, it takes awhile to learn our FWspeak.
:green:

:glwacoy:
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#216 Post by F.N.G. » 03 Oct 2009, 07:59

Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
Middle wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
I will remember this for the future. God he has made some absolute shite recently hasn't he? Sorry for being such a noob!
Don't worry about it, it takes awhile to learn our FWspeak.
:green:

:glwacoy:
That means: Good Luck, Everyone's counting on you ;)
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39830
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#217 Post by alan smithee » 03 Oct 2009, 11:05

F.N.G. wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
Middle wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
I will remember this for the future. God he has made some absolute shite recently hasn't he? Sorry for being such a noob!
Don't worry about it, it takes awhile to learn our FWspeak.
:green:

:glwacoy:
That means: Good Luck, Everyone's counting on you ;)
lies
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8593
Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#218 Post by Will » 03 Oct 2009, 13:43

alan smithee wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Middle wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:
Middle wrote:
Ruddy016 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how bad the National Treasure movies are? Who made the sets for the last one, total dross and even a free Blu-Ray disc couldn't make up for it.

As for another Pirates movie, they should have stopped after the first (and best) one.
We all have, that's why we invented :FYNC!: especially for him (erm, mostly his hair, actually).
I will remember this for the future. God he has made some absolute shite recently hasn't he? Sorry for being such a noob!
Don't worry about it, it takes awhile to learn our FWspeak.
:green:

:glwacoy:
That means: Good Luck, Everyone's counting on you ;)
lies
:ibb:
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man

User avatar
Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8593
Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#219 Post by Will » 13 Oct 2009, 14:51

Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#220 Post by snotball » 14 Oct 2009, 12:59

Will wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
Only a Nimród would think it's a good idea.
Bad dates

User avatar
fishn4
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2620
Joined: 27 Nov 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Georgia

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#221 Post by fishn4 » 14 Oct 2009, 13:45

snotball wrote:
Will wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
Only a Nimród would think it's a good idea.
Image
"What a good idea."

Ruddy016
Lead Actor
Lead Actor
Posts: 303
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 10:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#222 Post by Ruddy016 » 15 Oct 2009, 11:23

Will wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
What's next Freddy and Jason v Predator and Alien?

The Predators of Madison County
Slumdog Predator
Much Ado About Predators
High School Musical...erm....with re-imagined Predators

:(
Gunga Na Gunga

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34636
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#223 Post by sldawgs » 15 Oct 2009, 11:50

Ruddy016 wrote:
Will wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
What's next Freddy and Jason v Predator and Alien?

The Predators of Madison County
Slumdog Predator
Much Ado About Predators
High School Musical...erm....with re-imagined Predators

:(
Pride and Predators?
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39830
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#224 Post by alan smithee » 15 Oct 2009, 12:20

Ruddy016 wrote:
Will wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
What's next Freddy and Jason v Predator and Alien?

The Predators of Madison County
Slumdog Predator
Much Ado About Predators
High School Musical...erm....with re-imagined Predators

:(
several :Ds
sldawgs wrote:Pride and Predators?
:lol:
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Sequels, Sequels, Sequels

#225 Post by snotball » 15 Oct 2009, 12:36

Ruddy016 wrote:
Will wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed on here yet or not but what the hell? You gotta be kidding me with this one, a re-imagining of Predator?! There must some actors out there that are looking to start a career in politics and they figure this is the best way.
What's next Freddy and Jason v Predator and Alien?
Emmm....
Bad dates

Post Reply