FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 00:51

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 07:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
This has me equal parts excited and nervous

"More" about it

Oh, wow. Maybe it's also time to finally release that 'Bloody Affair' box-set after this...

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 13:09 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

Variety wrote:
Scream 4 to be directed by Wes Craven....Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox Arquette will reprise their roles along with a group of younger thesps./...Kevin Williamson will also be returning as SCREAM 4's writer/producer.....

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2010, 04:03 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

a little more...

Courteney Cox, David Arquette and Neve Campbell will reprise their roles for the fourth part of horror franchise Scream, director Wes Craven has said.

The film-maker, who has directed all the Scream movies, said that working with the trio "was a blast 10 years ago and I'm sure it will be again".

The last of the films, which feature a young woman called Sidney Prescott who is stalked by a killer, opened in 2000.

The new movie is expected to open in cinemas in 2011.

Craven, who has refused to give any clues about the plot, said the script had "the most hair-raising scares" he had seen since the first films.

The first Scream movie was released in 1997 and became a massive box office hit, followed a year later by a sequel co-starring Jada Pinkett Smith.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 10:00 

hitfix.com wrote:
Jerry Bruckheimer confirms 'National Treasure III' in the works

After the first "National Treasure" was an unexpected hit in 2004 grossing $347 million worldwide, a sequel was a given. In 2007, "National Treasure : Book of Secrets" grossed even more than the original, an impressive $457 million, making it the biggest hit of star Nicolas Cage's career and confirming Walt Disney Studios had a true franchise on its hands. Therefore, is it any surprise a third installment is in the works? Speaking at a special sneak peak of Cage's next possible series, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," producer Jerry Bruckheimer confirmed the obvious simply stating, "We are developing a script now."

And it appears it's on someone's internal Walt Disney release schedule as director John Turtletaub added, "There are plans."

The filmmaker, who also is behind "Apprentice," wouldn't reveal what the current storyline is, but did dispel rumors that the mythical city of Atlantis would be at the center of the new mystery. Turteltaub bluntly notes, "I should go on the internet and find the script and you get those uncsolicited emails from the 9-year-old from Kansas with Atlantis every time."

But the filmmaker and Bruckheimer take criticisms about the historical nature of the previous two films to heart. Especially since they have taken strict measures to use as many real clues making the overall process to write a "National Treasure" movie "shockingly" difficult.

"Everyone knocked the movie because it was fake, but everything they were knocking [was] actually true," Turteltaub says. "'Oh, those stupid Ben Franklin glasses...' We found those Ben Franklin glasses! He had that color thing. So, it's just about getting the story to work."

Why suffer through the naysayers criticisms? The answer is obvious. Turteltaub jokes, "They pay us so much money, why wouldn't we make that movie? I'm kidding."

In this case, not so much. Turteltaub, Bruckheimer and Cage's "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" will try to generate some box office magic of its own this July.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 19:18 

Apparently Logan Lerman aka Percy Jackson is pretty much locked by Sony as the new Spider-Man on the proposed reboot.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 20:55 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sela wrote:
Apparently Logan Lerman aka Percy Jackson is pretty much locked by Sony as the new Spider-Man on the proposed reboot.

I can't say I'm super-excited for the Spider-Man reboot, but I am happy for Lerman who has done some good work in everything I've seen him in. Once I got to know him in "Jack and Bobby," I thought he did well in 3:10 to Yuma & My One and Only, and his performances in Gamer & Percy Jackson were some of the only good parts of each film. If true, I hope the film does well cause I think Lerman is talented.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 23:35 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Why reboot Spiderman? It's still pretty fresh and hasn't been Schumachered.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010, 05:01 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

F.N.G. wrote:

It seems that once someone fucks up a comic book franchise, they're trying to reboot it. It happened with Superman twice, Batman and now it's Spiderman's turn. I wonder if the X-Men will be next.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 01:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

It seems that once someone fucks up a comic book franchise, they're trying to reboot it. It happened with Superman twice, Batman and now it's Spiderman's turn. I wonder if the X-Men will be next.

FWIW, most of the comic book franchise fuckups have been caused by studio interference. Same studio decides to reboot the movie to make the 'doomed' franchise 'profitable' again. By bringing in a hot director.
If they wouldn't have interfered in the first place (Spiderman 3), or held on the director previously in charge (X-men) they wouldn't have had the problem...
Although we should be thankful for the Batman takeover.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 01:53 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Middle wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

FWIW, most of the comic book franchise fuckups have been caused by studio interference. Same studio decides to reboot the movie to make the 'doomed' franchise 'profitable' again. By bringing in a hot director.
If they wouldn't have interfered in the first place (Spiderman 3), or held on the director previously in charge (X-men) they wouldn't have had the problem...

I do what I can.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 03:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

I do what I can.

wd

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 04:06 

Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

I do what I can.

wd

ty

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 08:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
snotball wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

I do what I can.

wd

ty

np

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 13:23 

Whedon To Direct Marvel's 'The Avengers'

Deadline wrote:
I'm told Marvel Studios is in final negotiations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series architect Joss Whedon to direct Marvel Studios' The Avengers. That's the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Other signature superheros will likely be involved, but I've listed the actors in active superhero duty. Whedon has been rumored for this job for awhile, and is high on the fanboy wish-list. He's an interesting choice: despite his writing/producing TV series resume, his lone feature directing effort, Serenity, was not a hit. After Iron Man 2, Marvel has three pictures left on a distribution deal with Paramount before it moves to Disney, and the studio has been churning them out. Iron Man 2 gets released in May, Captain America will begin shooting this summer in Europe, Thor is in production, and Marvel Studios just set Pete Sollett to direct Runaways, based on the comic book series created by Lost writer Brian K. Vaughan. Whedon has written installments of the latter, so he knows how to make those superheros fly. Marvel has considered all of the individual superhero movies to be an intro to The Avengers, so the wanna-see on this one will be huge. The film will be released in the first weekend of May, 2012.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 07:11 

Banderas Confirms Shrek Spin-off

Antonio Banderas has confirmed there will be a Shrek spin-off movie which will follow his character Puss In Boots.

The Spanish actor voices the mischievous cat in the animated ogre franchise and has already started working on a new film based on the role, alongside Salma Hayek and Zach Galifianakis.

Banderas, who reprises the role in the upcoming fourth and final Shrek film, Shrek Forever After, has revealed the upcoming project will be based on Puss In Boots' childhood.

He explains, "I already did the first recordings and it's going to be called Puss In Boots - it starts when he was very little. He was in an orphanage when he first discovered the effect he has on people - that's when he starts being intelligent."

And Banderas is delighted he doesn't have to hang up his boots just yet - because he loves using his natural accent at work: "When I got to the United States - I was 30 at the time - I didn't speak the language at all. The fact they gave me a character for the use of my voice only was quite surprising, but I suppose I have such an accent that is so recognisable that they thought it was perfect. Because I had been playing characters that were bigger than life, heroic, stuff like that, putting it into a tiny body of a pussy cat was fun."

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 07:13 

New Bond Film Suspended Indefinitely

The next instalment in the James Bond franchise has been suspended indefinitely due to the uncertainty over the future of movie studio MGM.

Daniel Craig was scheduled to reprise the 007 role for a third time in the 23rd Bond movie, which was scheduled for a 2011 or 2012 release date.

But filming has been thrown into chaos after the sale of famed media company MGM. The firm was put up for sale last year after falling millions of dollars in debt.

Producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have released a joint statement saying, "Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on Bond 23 indefinitely. We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of Bond 23."

Craig adds, "I have every confidence in Barbara and Michael's decision and look forward to production resuming as quickly as possible."

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 13:37 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Sela wrote:

The next instalment in the James Bond franchise has been suspended indefinitely due to the uncertainty over the future of movie studio MGM.

Daniel Craig was scheduled to reprise the 007 role for a third time in the 23rd Bond movie, which was scheduled for a 2011 or 2012 release date.

But filming has been thrown into chaos after the sale of famed media company MGM. The firm was put up for sale last year after falling millions of dollars in debt.

Producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have released a joint statement saying, "Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on Bond 23 indefinitely. We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of Bond 23."

Craig adds, "I have every confidence in Barbara and Michael's decision and look forward to production resuming as quickly as possible."

Barbara Broccoli sounds like a name I would make up for a short story or video game character

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 15:50 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

A² wrote:
Sela wrote:

Barbara Broccoli sounds like a name I would make up for a short story or video game character

That's her stripper name.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 05:52 

James Cameron To Explore The Ocean Of Pandora In AVATAR 2!

With the AVATAR Blu-ray/DVD release coming this Thursday, James Cameron sat down with the L.A. Times' "Hero Complex" blog to talk about the film's ongoing cultural influence, whether there will be a theatrical rerelease (there will, in August, with an additional six-minutes of material), and how he'll make the return trip to Pandora unique.

The last bit of information is particularly interesting, and it should come as no surprise that Cameron plans to go underwater in AVATAR 2. Here's the key excerpt...

Quote:
We created a broad canvas for the environment of film. That’s not just on Pandora, but throughout the Alpha Centauri AB system. And we expand out across that system and incorporate more into the story – not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film. I’ve already announced this, so I might as well say it: Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment – a different setting within Pandora. And I’m going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won’t be a rain forest. I’m not saying we won’t see what we’ve already seen; we’ll see more of that as well.

Cameron also states that he'd like to make the sequel in half the time at half the price, but will settle for reducing both by twenty-five percent. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 05:57 

AintItCool wrote:
Cinematographer Wally Pfister Talks 3D And IMAX Possibilities For BATMAN 3!

Cinematical's Todd Gilchrist caught up with Christopher Nolan's longtime cinematographer, Wally Pfister, last weekend, and, wouldn't you know it, BATMAN 3 came up! As expected, Pfister was tight-lipped on details, but he did make a few semi-revealing remarks about the possibility of Nolan's third go-round with the Caped Crusader being shot in stereoscopic 3D or IMAX.

According to Gilchrist, while Nolan and Pfister share a "disinterest" in the 3D format (Pfister calls it a "fad"), they have yet to shoot down the idea of utilizing the format. "What Chris and I have talked about is doing something cool and something interesting," said Pfister. Does this mean shooting the entire film in IMAX? Perhaps. Pfister said he's talked to Nolan about it - though he also acknowledges, once again, that the IMAX cameras are very unwieldy (i.e. heavy and really fucking loud).

So Nolan and Pfister are not fans of 3D, but they could be open to going that route if they can find a way to do something "interesting" with the technology. I'm sure Warner Bros. is full of suggestions as to how to make it "interesting" - like "We financed INCEPTION; you're doing this in 3D."

Nolan's a very smart man, so I'm sure he understands that 3D is and always will be a gimmick, and that the IMAX portions of THE DARK KNIGHT were far more immersive than anything in AVATAR. To that end, I'm thrilled to hear that he'll be shooting BATMAN 3 on film; this means you can rule out Nolan using the new IMAX 3D digital cameras, which are expected to be ready to go in early 2011.

Head over to Cinematical for more Pfister talk.

Here's summary of Pfister's comments from Dallas. Very interesting stuff...
Quote:
-- Pfister, just like Nolan, does not like digital cameras: "The image quality of film" exceeds that of the high end digital cameras like "the Genesis camera and the Red camera." He said that he and "Chris [Nolan] are 'devotees' of film."

-- Because of his and Nolan's feelings toward Digital Cinema, Pfister does not want to shoot in 3D. He actually had some pretty harsh things to say about the format, he says that "it's great for like amusement park rides like the 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids' ride at Disneyland." He said that 3D is not realistic and "it's a distraction. Can you imagine Memento in 3D? With Joey Pantoliano's glasses sticking out 'a few feet' with his hair all the way back there?"

--Pfister said that he met with Brad Bird a few days ago and that Bird told him that his teenage sons thought that the IMAX used in The Dark Knight was more realistic than the 3D in these new movies.

--He loves the clarity and latitude that shooting in 65 mm and in IMAX gives him. He can "underexpose by as many as 5 F-stops and overexpose by two. The digital cameras can't do that."

--His heroes include: Gordon Willis, Stanley Kubrick, Roger Deakins, and some French cinematographer whose name is escaping me. He also mentioned loving the cinematography in Terrence Malick's films.

--Tips for shooting digitally: "If you really have to shoot daylight [exteriors, you have to] use as [much] soft light as possible. Shoot at magic hour: Dawn and Dusk. Stop shooting in the afternoon."

--Although he loves the image and large frame provided by IMAX in The Dark Knight, he would much "prefer [everything] to be in 2.35:1"

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 20:09 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

First Barbara Broccoli, and now Wally Pfister? Sela, quit making crap up.

Also, every time I see the commercial for Sex and the City 2 I think, "can we please ban the 'I don't think we're in Kansas anymore' 'joke'?" Seriously, when was the last time that line was funny or unexpected?

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 06:17 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

Shit, they are onto me....wait, your name is Sugarpuss?

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sela wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

That's my stage name, doll. ;)

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:52 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Sela wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

And so is Ms. Broccoli...or so she was told by her dad for years.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:54 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Sela wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Sela wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

And so is Ms. Broccoli...or so she was told by her dad for years.

Wait, Sela, I'm lost, Ms. Broccoli is your stage name?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next