Casshern

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Casshern

#1 Post by marla » 08 Mar 2004, 10:05

A japanese SiFi flick (that looks partly a bit like the matrix), the trailer looks pretty cool (it's on japanese, so I didn't understand much...). I read about it on joblo.com, here is the story:

PLOT: The world has taken a different path as we know it today. The great war has gone on for 50 years and the world is divided into two groups, the Republic of Asia and the European Union. After the long battle, the Republic of Asia came out as the victor and it has come to take over the Eurasian Continent. However, the only thing that came out of this was the demise of the human spirit, chemical weapons, germ warfare, viruses derived from nuclear bombs, the prognostic symptoms of radioactivity, and the razed land. Will mankind just sit there and look at the fall of its kind?

The film is the continuation of a 70s Japanese anime known as "Shinzo Ningen Casshern", or "Casshan - Robot Hunter"

The film is Kazuaki Kiriya's directorial debut. He's a music video director

It features an all-star Japanese cast

Actually made for approx. US$6 million. Wow.

F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#2 Post by F.N.G. » 08 Mar 2004, 10:17

the trailer kicks ass!

Dev
Key Grip
Key Grip

#3 Post by Dev » 12 Mar 2004, 01:44

F.N.G. wrote:the trailer kicks ass!
I agree - it looks awesome! I wouldn't mind watching this - with subtitles of course!
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves!