Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Impman
Key Grip
Key Grip

#251 Post by Impman » 08 Jun 2007, 04:11

She looks like an older version of Ginny Weasley, no wonder her and Harry get on so well!
Save the Cheerleader Save the World

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#252 Post by Nunis » 23 Jun 2007, 10:00

New High-Res Stills

Click to make huge

The DA fighting Death Eaters in the Ministry

Harry, Ron and Lupin around the Grimmauld Place table

Neville and Harry along with the DA

Sirius and Harry

Hagrid with the Trio

Harry, along with Luna, seeing the thestrals

Harry being controlled by Voldemort

Dumbledore at the Ministry of Magic

Kreacher the houseelf

Severus Snape looking concerned

Cho Chang

Luna Lovegood

Albus Dumbledore

Trelawney and McGonagall, at the sacking scene probably

Lucius Malfoy holding a prophecy

Neville Longbottom tending to what is probably his Mimbulus Mimbletonia

Lord Voldemort at the Ministry

Lupin holding Harry back, presumably at the...ehm... climactic emotional scene

Arthur Weasley taking Harry to the Ministry hearing

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#253 Post by » 23 Jun 2007, 18:28

Doesn't Luna look way too cute? Granted, it's been a year or so since I read OotP but isn't she supposed to be an unpopular dork?
The :) means it's all ok.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#254 Post by Nunis » 24 Jun 2007, 06:32

A2 wrote:Doesn't Luna look way too cute? Granted, it's been a year or so since I read OotP but isn't she supposed to be an unpopular dork?
To some extent, yes, but that's more in the way she acts than the way she looks. Everyone on set (including JK Rowling) has commented on how perfect she is for the part.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#255 Post by Nunis » 24 Jun 2007, 06:32

Some new scenes in this new IMAX trailer.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#256 Post by alan smithee » 24 Jun 2007, 12:53

Nunis wrote:
A2 wrote:Doesn't Luna look way too cute? Granted, it's been a year or so since I read OotP but isn't she supposed to be an unpopular dork?
To some extent, yes, but that's more in the way she acts than the way she looks. Everyone on set (including JK Rowling) has commented on how perfect she is for the part.
WTF does this Rowling person know?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

#257 Post by » 24 Jun 2007, 13:29

Nunis wrote:
Maybe things are different at Hogwarts, but it's been my experience that cute weird girls are seen as cool and artsy but an ugly girl with the same traits would be seen as an undesirable outcast. Cute goes a long way towards covering character flaws. Maybe the Hogwarts kids are better at seeing past the appearance to the person inside.

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#258 Post by Gren » 24 Jun 2007, 14:36

A2 wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Maybe things are different at Hogwarts, but it's been my experience that cute weird girls are seen as cool and artsy but an ugly girl with the same traits would be seen as an undesirable outcast. Cute goes a long way towards covering character flaws. Maybe the Hogwarts kids are better at seeing past the appearance to the person inside.
I didn't know Freddie Prinze Jr. went to Hogwarts
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#259 Post by Nunis » 26 Jun 2007, 07:30

New clip

Beware of spoilers.

Occlumency scene, and more
A clip of the Occlumency scene from with Professor Snape (Alan Rickman) and Harry (Dan Radcliffe). This segment also features portions of scenes with Umbridge (Imelda Staunton), and the DA in the Forbidden Forest.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#260 Post by Nunis » 26 Jun 2007, 13:02

11 New Clips

While I regret to tell you these are dubbed in German, they're still a real treat. As always, spoilers ahead.

Clip 1: The Advance Guard
Excellent look at the Advance Guard, and even though I can't tell what they're saying, I can't wait to see the flight over London.

Clip 2: Grimmauld Place
I recently read this chapter in the book, and it's going to be very exciting seeing all this exposition.

Clip 3: The Hearing
Another look at Figgy ("'sup, Figgy"), and the first scene we see Umbridge. I'm sure this scene will just infuriate me. Fuck you, Cornelius Fudge.

Clip 4: Thestrals
Possibly we won't see Luna on the train judging from this. Still, the Thestrals look excellent.

Clip 5: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Love those pre-school type theoretical books Umbridge is handing out. Harry is about to land himself in detention.

Clip 6: Umbridge on Patrol
I absolutely cannot wait to see Umbridge inspect Snape. I hate her, but man, is that ever an enjoyable chapter.

Clip 7: The DA at the Bridge
Kind of pointless to see this talky scene when dubbed, but I'm still excited for it.

Clip 8: Occlumency
We've already seen (clip posted earlier today) bits of this scene, and Harry's memory look good. Can't wait to see Snape's memory though.

Clip 9: Harry and Sirius
Perhaps this is where we'll get to see the Black Family Tree.

Clip 10: Dumbledore's Army
I love this clip. We get to see Ron's terrier Patronus and Hermione's otter. Not sure how I feel about Ginny's appearing to be a horse though.

Clip 11: The Department of Mysteries
Easily my favourite clip. Neville meeting Bellatrix for the first time: goosebumps.

#261 Post by » 26 Jun 2007, 17:08

Wow. Those are some cool clips. Thanks.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#262 Post by Nunis » 27 Jun 2007, 05:39

You're welcome. And they're available in English - right here. Also on this link are various new interviews and other interesting bits.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#263 Post by Nunis » 28 Jun 2007, 04:11

Nunis wrote:You're welcome. And they're available in English - right here. Also on this link are various new interviews and other interesting bits.
Sorry for quoting myself here, but those clips are even more excellent when not dubbed.

Speaking of excellent, check out that Behind the Scenes stuff (on that same link). We get to see loads of stuff we haven't seen before -- the most exciting of which is probably the Bella-Sirius fight in the Department of Mysteries.

Goosebumps, again. Bring on Friday the 13th. :)

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#264 Post by Nunis » 28 Jun 2007, 10:54

"First review" by Times Online UK here. It's not very favourable, but they're not pointing out any flaws I can really argue against.

I expect the trio not to be able to carry the movie. I expect Staunton and Bonham Carter to shine, but be underused. I expect the story to not have the same amount of action as Goblet. I expect some fans will feel it has no real ending.

What else is new?

Eh. Fucking newspapers.

Impman
Key Grip
Key Grip

#265 Post by Impman » 29 Jun 2007, 00:52

Thing is they can only go by the book itself, I thought Order of the Phoenix was the weakest of all the books so far, and Half Blood Prince far excelled it.

I am not too bothered about the film Order of the Phoenix, but am really looking forward to the film Half Blood Prince, which is my second favourite of the books.

Critics should take into account the books themselves, and not expect too much, if it's a poor book then it will more than likely be a poor film.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#266 Post by Nunis » 29 Jun 2007, 01:05

I don't think it's at all a weak book. It used to be my least favourite too, but that's not saying much as they're all very good. I think the book suffers from this reputation -- when read and re-read one can clearly see it's not weak. It simply suffers from being a book which has less conventional "action" than others -- especially when (unfairly) compared to Goblet of Fire (which I like less and less every time I read it).

The things the review is moaning about are actually pretty fair, and they do acknowledge a lot of those things that don't work in a movie work fine in a book. That's hardly surprising. These were not written to be made into movies, and the filmmakers were always gonna have to struggle to convert this one into a mainstream movie.

It doesn't have a proper ending. It's like The Two Towers that way. It's a segue from 4 to 6, building character. It's not driven by action, but rather by the characters and their actions and reactions. I don't understand why people are surprised by these things.

Impman
Key Grip
Key Grip

#267 Post by Impman » 29 Jun 2007, 03:33

I can see why you are the queen of Film WISE!

Very good response, and very valid. I never looked at it that way, but the more I think about it, the more I am in agreement with you. Order was a departure from the kiddie style of the other books, and into a more darker side. Much as the same with Half Blood, which I really enjoyed.

I agree with the ending though, it was all pretty rushed as if Mrs Rowling couldn't be asked to provide us with something more suitable, or was maybe thinking of movie/book links.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#268 Post by Middle » 29 Jun 2007, 03:45

Nunis wrote:I don't think it's at all a weak book. It used to be my least favourite too, but that's not saying much as they're all very good. I think the book suffers from this reputation -- when read and re-read one can clearly see it's not weak. It simply suffers from being a book which has less conventional "action" than others -- especially when (unfairly) compared to Goblet of Fire (which I like less and less every time I read it).

The things the review is moaning about are actually pretty fair, and they do acknowledge a lot of those things that don't work in a movie work fine in a book. That's hardly surprising. These were not written to be made into movies, and the filmmakers were always gonna have to struggle to convert this one into a mainstream movie.

It doesn't have a proper ending. It's like The Two Towers that way. It's a segue from 4 to 6, building character. It's not driven by action, but rather by the characters and their actions and reactions. I don't understand why people are surprised by these things.
Neither do I.
Anyway, like all the books, I still really look forward to seeing this movie. And I would see them, regardless (unless, of course, the next one would be directed by Uwe Boll).
But we all know that the books are better than the movies anyway. Better yet, the movies never stood a chance...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

alan smithee

#269 Post by alan smithee » 29 Jun 2007, 03:49

Middle wrote:And I would see them, regardless (unless, of course, the next one would be directed by Uwe Boll).
:lol: / :-?

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#270 Post by Middle » 30 Jun 2007, 03:37

alan smithee wrote:
Middle wrote:And I would see them, regardless (unless, of course, the next one would be directed by Uwe Boll).
Come to think of it, I'd probably see it anyway, just to see how horrible it turned out...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

alan smithee

#271 Post by alan smithee » 30 Jun 2007, 16:07

Middle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Come to think of it, I'd probably see it anyway, just to see how horrible it turned out...
yeah, me too — and I'd loathe myself afterwards

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#272 Post by Nunis » 03 Jul 2007, 22:38

New Azkaban Clip

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=547474

Click on Exclusive Clip - Escape at Azkaban.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#273 Post by Nunis » 05 Jul 2007, 22:26

More Clips

Most notably, the "Proper Teacher" clip.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180847561 ... dardformat

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#274 Post by Nunis » 09 Jul 2007, 22:40

This will probably be my last update in this thread, as this movie opens in the States (and elsewhere) tomorrow.

Still, here are some clips.

TNT Special
Mainly the trailer we've seen before, but loads of new bits in there.

HBO First Look
Great behind the scenes stuff and a new look at the movie.