FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 03:01

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 09:39 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Wait, what? I actually won something? W00t.

Super thanks SOS and bing for putting this together. It was both infuriating and a lot of fun. Kicking myself over some of those missed ones now. Especially all the self-titled albums in the cover section.

Also thanks to all the helper monkeys. You rule.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 13:29 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Just realized I confused John Mayer with 50 Cent (Body is a Wonderland with Candy Shop) :lol:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
206. There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage. I'd feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage. - I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevey

Sorry Sugar, but that song is one of the worst Christmas songs ever (let the record show that I don't think I've ever heard this "Christmas Shoes" song everyone complains about each year)

Nunis wrote:
Wait, what? I actually won something? W00t.

Super thanks SOS and bing for putting this together. It was both infuriating and a lot of fun. Kicking myself over some of those missed ones now. Especially all the self-titled albums in the cover section.

Also thanks to all the helper monkeys. You rule.

Got lucky with the B-52s and Hannah Montana... Not so lucky with George Michael and Queen

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 14:15 
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

WD Nunis :clap:

And big thanks to SOS & all her helpers for compiling this. You guys rock :D

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 14:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
(let the record show that I don't think I've ever heard this "Christmas Shoes" song everyone complains about each year)

Come next December, I'm going to pay the 99 cents and burn this to a CD and mail it to you. If we have to suffer, so do you. :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 14:35 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

wd Sugar, Nunis

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 14:38 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

Steel Frog wrote:
wd Sugar, Nunis

:green:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 16:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Mazer wrote:
(Sugar, check your email. I submitted answers that way. Doesn't matter terribly, I'm guessing I'd be enjoying a Philip/Batman or Batman/dawgs sandwich, but I just wanted you to know I did participate.)

I am so sorry I missed that, love! I'll get it graded, and update the scoreboard.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 20:31 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Agrajag wrote:
Got lucky with the B-52s and Hannah Montana

That sounds like my kind of party

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 20:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Update:

Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt – 198
Agrajag - 164
knarf - 163
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
Mazer - 93
A² – 82
DrG - 80
Sela5 - 69
alan smithee – 58
Philip – 52
Batman – 42
sldawgs - 10
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks – 1

If there are any other errors in scores, let me know. Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed this. I hope it wasn't too hard. Sometimes it's difficult to gauge if a song is too obscure or if a lyric is memorable enough. Should I post a list of the unsolved ones?

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 11 Jan 2009, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 21:12 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
If there are any other errors in scores, let me know

yeah, there was at least one error: I should've gotten Gang of Four / Entertainment!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 21:17 

alan smithee wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
If there are any other errors in scores, let me know

yeah, there was at least one error: I should've gotten Gang of Four / Entertainment!

And my submission was an incorrect answer. I think I should have -1.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 21:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Here are the ones that no one got:

12. Te quiero mucho, baby, te quiero mucho - I Adore Mi Amor - Color Me Badd
21. You could be my guiding light, shining on the vinyl bright - Blow It Out - The Features
43. Your hands build me up when I'm sinking - Lady - Styx
49. I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map - The New Year - Death Cab for Cutie
54. She's got a wall around her nobody can climb. She lets her ladder down for those who really shine. - My Sister - The Juliana Hatfield Three
63. I don't know karate, but I know ca-razy - The Payback - James Brown
67. First I'm gonna make it, then I'm gonna break it till it falls apart - Bring on the Dancing Horses - Echo & the Bunnymen
76. We'll take it nice and easy and use my simple plan – you'll be my lovin' woman, I'll be your lovin' man - Let's Live for Today - The Grass Roots
77. I got a car full of girls and it's going real swell, the next stop is the Eastside Motel - Regulate - Warren G
86. If I can't be your one and only man, well I'm going to your dad and give him back your hand - Steppin' Out - Paul Revere & the Raiders
94. Everybody said it was a shame 'cause her mama was workin' on a chain gang - Polk Salad Annie - Tony Joe White
98. Her body measurements are perfect in every dimension - She's a Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked) - Carl Carlton
99. You'll probably be surprised, for it's a land unknown to man where fantasy is fact - Journey to the Center of the Mind - The Amboy Dukes
101. Seems nothing ever changes, we're back to being strangers - Just Once - Quincy Jones featuring James Ingram
102. This little squirrel I used to be slammed her bike down the stairs - Feed the Tree - Belly
111. I'm walking around with my head hanging down. Tell me, where is she. - Silver, Blue & Gold - Bad Company
117. What about the night makes you change, oh, from sweet to deranged? - 10 A.M. Automatic - The Black Keys
121. She don't eat meat, but she sure like the bone - New Age Girl - Deadeye Dick
130. Oh, I hear her voice as the cold winds blow, in the sweet music on my radio - Have You Seen Her - The Chi-Lites
138. She loved me so long and she loved me so hard, I finally passed out in her front yard - Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love) - The Swingin' Medallions
141. Darling, look both ways before you cross me, you're headin' for a danger zone - The Love You Save - The Jackson 5
146. Always thought I was someone; turned out I was wrong - Blue - The Jayhawks
149. Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water. Could it be finally I'm turning for home? - You Light Up My Life - Debby Boone
151. The preacher asked her and she said, "I do." The preacher asked me, and she said "yes, he does, too." - She's No Lady - Lyle Lovett
152. We are what we eat. You're my kind of meat. - I Eat Cannibals - Total Coelo
157. She wants to return those things I bought her. Tell her she can keep them just the same. - Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
162. You ripple like a river when I touch you - Miracles - Jefferson Starship
172. I hear your mother was the talk of the sticks - Lucretia MacEvil - Blood, Sweat & Tears
180. The flowers, in their gloom, have just refused to bloom - Naturally - Huey Lewis & the News
181. Life is perfect, never better, distance making the heart grow fond - Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham
182. Then – we were young and strong; now – everything is wrong - Time Capsule - Matthew Sweet
185. Hello, hello, this is Romeo calling from a jackpot telephone - No Souvenirs - Melissa Etheridge
188. I'm really still in prison, and my love she holds the key - Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Ole Oak Tree - Dawn Featuring Tony Orlando
197. You don't love me, it's plain. I should know I'll never wear your ring. - Sweet Dreams - Patsy Cline
202. I know it's a shame, but I'm giving you back your name - Sail On - Commodores

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 02:17 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
76. We'll take it nice and easy and use my simple plan – you'll be my lovin' woman, I'll be your lovin' man - Let's Live for Today - The Grass Roots

Image Seriously?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 18:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

Image Seriously?

:D

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 20:51 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

How about the lyrics we all submitted for you? I know I got my 5 so they each had at least one answer... Besides my submission, I was wondering how many other people got my lyrics...

Do you have an easy way to show which lyrics got only one correct answer?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 22:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
How about the lyrics we all submitted for you? I know I got my 5 so they each had at least one answer... Besides my submission, I was wondering how many other people got my lyrics...

Do you have an easy way to show which lyrics got only one correct answer?

Yeah, that'll be pretty easy because it's all in a spreadsheet. I'll have that ready to post in a moment.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 22:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Actually, this will also be a good chance for some people to give themselves a pat on the back for being the only person to solve a song.

Only one person knew the following songs. Lyrics in blue were only solved by the person who contributed them to the quiz.

15. I thought that dreams belonged to other men, 'cause each time I got close they'd fall apart again - Almost Paradise - Ann Wilson & Mike Reno
16. I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' through me - (You're) Having My Baby - Paul Anka With Odia Coates
22. My kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder - Lover, You Should Have Come Over - Jeff Buckley
26. We count our feelings in yesterdays - Clutch - Shea Seger
35. Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl, I dance a little funky so watch me, girl - The Super Bowl Shuffle - Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew
36. With the dark, oh I see so very clearly now, all my fears are drifting by me so slowly now, fading away - Follow You Follow Me - Genesis
47. Spare a little candle; save some light for me - These Dreams - Heart
50. I guess I can fill a book with things that I don't know about you, baby - Lies - McFly
53. Now that I have found someone, I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before - Brick - Ben Folds Five
56. If there's a camera up in here then I'd best not catch this flick on YouTube - Touch My Body - Mariah Carey
61. Something 'bout you right here beside me touches the touched part of me like I can't believe - Mad About You - Belinda Carlisle
71. I found myself phoning her at least ten times a day - Too Late To Turn Back Now - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose
75. One more job oughta get it, one last shot 'fore we quit it, one more for the road - Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs
78. You left me standing there like a tree growing all alone, the wind just stripped me bare, stripped me bare - Time - Hootie & the Blowfish
95. Show me where to look, tell me what will I find - Shine - Collective Soul
100. I can't get enough of you, baby, can you get enough of me? - I Was Made for Lovin' You - Kiss
106. I set out to get you with a fine-tooth comb - Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton
113. Someday, yeah, we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun. Someday when the world is much brighter. - O-o-h Child - The Five Stairsteps
116. Melinda was mine 'til the time that I found her holding Jim, loving him - Solitary Man - NeiI Diamond
118. I guess I'll never see the light, I get the blues most every night - Since I Fell for You - Lenny Welch
124. I've got a roll of coins, I'm aiming for your loins, and I will never stop - Wrestlers - Hot Chip
129. Think I need a devil to help me get things right - Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
131. You say love is a hell you cannot bear, and I say gimme mine back and then go there for all I care - Sleep to Dream - Fiona Apple
136. Traveling twice the speed of sound, it's easy to get burned - Just a Song Before I Go - Crosby, Stills & Nash
142. I keep a journal of memories, I'm feeling lonely, I can't breathe - Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
150. So I reach for my 40 and I turn it up, designated driver take the keys to my truck - This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
153. It's the same every night when I turn off the light and I'm hugging my pillow instead of you - Especially For You - The Smithereens
163. You can take me to hell and back just as long as we're together - Freedom - Wham!
164. I'm not hiding the remedy to cure this old heart of mine - I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman
168. So we laughed, compared notes, we had a drink, we had a smoke, she took off her overcoat - I Kissed a Girl - Jill Sobule
170. Cecil gives me coffee and he won't never take my coin - Danny's All-Star Joint - Rickie Lee Jones
171. Whenever you see me you say that you want me back, and I tell you it don't mean jack - Smile - Lily Allen
174. I can still recall the wheat fields of Saint Paul and the morning we got caught robbing from an old hen - Me and You and a Dog Named Boo - Lobo
175. Drink all day 'cause the country's at war - Kingdom of Doom - The Good, the Bad & the Queen
179. Bedsitter people look back and lament, another day's useless energy spent - Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
183. I'm beginning to think that man has never found the words that could make you want me - Cherish - The Association
203. My name is Michael, I've got a nickel, I've got a nickel shiny and new - Playground In My Mind - Clint Holmes
204. Some kind of alien waits for the opening - Love Walks In - Van Halen
208. You were never really real to begin with, I just made you up to hurt myself - Only - Nine Inch Nails
210. Did we expect these things to change by waking up and suddenly there they are? - Whatever I Fear - Toad the Wet Sprocket
212. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive. Look me in the heart and tell me you won't go. - Where Does the Good Go - Tegan and Sara

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 14 Jan 2009, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 00:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Oh, and only one person got this album cover:

Image 3. Fresh – Sly and the Family Stone

The rest were solved by 2 or more people.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 01:54 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

That particular cropping -- while an awesome choice for the game -- does not quite do justice to the cover's awesomeness:

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 04:42 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Whoo Hoo, Only one to get 171! (that is embarrassing)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 10:08 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Nice game, Sug. Although I didn't win, I take consolation in the fact that I know my Gang of Four album covers.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 11:47 

Batman wrote:
Nice game, Sug. Although I didn't win, I take consolation in the fact that I know my Gang of Four album covers.

:dyGoF!:

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 14:28 

Batman wrote:
I take consolation in the fact that I know my Gang of Four album covers.

:green:

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 17:32 

Thanks for making this, Sugar and cohorts.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 19:37 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Actually, this will also be a good chance for some people to give themselves a pat on the back for being the only person to solve a song.

9 pats on my back -- 35, 53, 78, 95, 113, 129, 131, 183 & 210

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next